Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peytons next step

sreylas937

I think he plays next year. Denver isn't going to release him so I expect him to be back in Denver next year. I think once Peyton is away from the game for a little bit he will decide he doesn't want to go out one and done and losing to the Colts on top of that.

I don't think that plays much into it. I think if he's capable of playing he will, if not he's gone. He's due 17 mil next season btw

i just can't imagine he won't retire a Colt. Too many great years in Indy and a SB ring with a horseshoe on it.

The only thing I think that would stop that from happening is a super bowl victory as a Bronco. Not sure if it's in the cards. I think he retires a Colt no matter. JMO.

Get some rest and come back.  The guy threw 39 TDs and won 12 games.  He's not finished. 

People keep talking about his arm strength, but I believe, in part, he's out of rhythm due to the fact they tried to run it so much in the second half of the season.  He's a rhythm passer.  You have to live and die with him.  Whenever he tries to Dilfer it, it doesn't work.  

Honestly, how does Denver look at his physical status and get excited about 2015? He says he's generally healthy. Said it even after the game. He can't throw the ball with any zip, not even short. His deep balls (basically he can out 35-40 yards max) are drake/mallard combos with little accuracy.

Colts put a blue print on how to beat him. St Louis did. Seattle does. Denver is 10-6 one and done again next year with Peyton. There's little to no chance they're "better" next year. Salary cap hell starts 1 March.

Just wish he'd retire. Let's build his statue outside LOS. He's the greatest regular season QB to ever lace em up.

Hate to say it but it is probably time for Peyton to retire.  Today was rough...wouldn't want to see him go out like someone who tried to stay too long and became a shadow of what they once were.  Just got back from reading the Broncos forum and most of them seem to feel that Peyton should call it a career.  Some of their comments seemed downright disrespectful to the man and what he has done for that franchise in his 3 years there.  Hope he retires as a Colt and comes home to Indy where he belongs and is appreciated.

Given that the home fans booed him, I'd like to see him extend his middle finger in their general direction, and retire a Colt.

Hahahahahaha, yes!!! Yes indeed!!!

Yeah many Broncos fans suck, I visited their forum and there was a lot of the same crap... Blah blah blah time for Manning to go.

Manning has taken them farther than they have been in years....I would love to see him extend the middle finger to them and do something else. Manning will always be a Colt @ heart anyways.