Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Broncos 2015 AFC Divisional Playoff Round Game Thread

LucasOilStadium

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• It's not just drop percentages.  The Colts love speed on their offense.  Jonathan Taylor was recently listed as one of the fastest players in the NFL last season.  Then the Colts drafted Anthony Gould who in 2023 Week 3 hit a top speed of 21.6 mph.  As UDFAs the Colts then brought in NC State Trent Pennix who in Week 6 clocked the fastest time by a TE at 20.6 MPH but also is a capable RB.  Colts also added QB Jason Bean (Kansas) who in Week 9 clocked an impressive 22.4 mph T5 fastest player in 2023.  Adonai Mitchell during his Combine forty reached top speed overall at 23.84 mph.  Even Pierce had been clocked running 19.82 mph which is impressive for a man his size.  Downs unfortunately wasn't able to find a good metric on but did clock a respectable Combine forty time.
    • Welcome back.   After taking a month off, you’ve returned.   I’m not sure where to start, so let’s try the night the Colts drafted Mitchell.  Late that night, you and another high profile Ballard-Hater had this conversation:  That you didn’t like CBs defense of Mitchell.  His big speech.  Why?  Because you guys agreed that “Ballard didn’t know enough about Mitchell to know if he was a good guy or not.”   Your words.     When my chin came off the floor and my eyes back in my head I thought this:   Why would you OR the fans of any team ever think that what a GM shares on draft night is all he knows?   Because it isn’t.  A GM is sharing all that he wants to share, nothing more.  But what he doesn’t share is much, much more than what he does share.  Think an iceberg;  10 percent above water,  90 percent below.   A GM knows far more than he ever shares.    And now you make this argument….   If Mitchell doesn’t work out, Ballard has left himself open to criticism.   Two words:  who cares?   A GM can’t do his job well if he’s afraid of criticism.  Do you think the Steelers care that George Pickens is totally crazy?   No.  They care he makes big plays for Pittsburgh and catches first downs and touchdowns.  Mike Tomlin deals with the crazy part in private.   A GM has to have thick skin.  Ballard clearly does.   And he doesn’t care what others think of him.  Nor should he.     So far Mitchell seems to enjoy Indy.   I think the odds are good Ballard and Steichen can handle whatever baggage the kid brings.    
    • Unbelievable.  Tell me, what’s the criteria for being a spoiled brat?     Because all the other rookie WR’s have clauses in their contracts too.   The Colts do a great job of signing players.  This signing doesn’t seem to bother the Colts, yet it bothers you enough to call Mitchell a spoiled brat.  Over nothing much out of the ordinary.  Thats why players have agents.  It’s why the Colts have Mike Bluem.     You remain your own worst enemy.     Goodness gracious.         
    • When the Colts drafted Goncalves they said they think he could play 4 positions at the NFL level.   All but Left Tackle.  So he is not a replacement for Raimann.   odds are Goncalves will play RG and some RT.    I’m a Cosell fan.  He’s forgotten more about football than anyone here knows.  But his opinion on Raimann is beyond head scratching.    Raimann scored in the low to mid 70’s his rookie year.  Then scored in the low 80’s last year.   I don’t know what he thinks of PFF scores,  but there is more to this opinion than meets the eye.  Something doesn’t add up at all.  
  • Members

• MFT5

MFT5 326

• OhioColt

OhioColt 461

• shakedownstreet

shakedownstreet 3,072

• bellevuecolt

bellevuecolt 0

Rookie