Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Baltimore (+ 3 1/2) @ Pittsburgh (1-3-15)

oldunclemark

40 degrees with a chance of rain...over-under 46.5

NBC - 8:15 EST -3rd meeting of AFC North gangsters......Good, fun family entertainment

Baltimore gets NG Haloti Ngata back off suspension and they allowed just 88 yards a game rushing anyway..

Pitt HB LeVeon Bell (290 carries, 1,361 yards) probably wont play,,they just don't want Baltimore to

know that yet..

Pitt QB Ben Rothlisberger is a career best 408 of 608 for 4,952 yards..32 TDs and 9 INTs.

Remember when he couldn't get along with the offensive coordinator?

Pitt WR Antonio Brown caught a Pittsburgh record 129 passes for 1,698 yards..No.1 in the NFL...

Balt QB Joe Flacco is 344 of 555 for 3,986 yards..27 TDs and 12 INTs..

Steve Smith caught 76 for 1,065 and hes always angry//

Balt HB Justin Forsett (234 for 1,266) averages 5.6 per carry

Baltimore OLB Elvis Dumervill has 17 QB sacks and Terell Suggs..whio is also always angry, had 12

I think the over-under is way too low here..these teams have defensive reputations but the last meeting

was 43-23 for Pittsburgh...

...3 1/2 is a problem ..that 1/2 point makes you hesitate taking Pitt.

If I could get Pitt giving '3' I'd take it

I got Pittsburgh in this one as well. The Ravens have struggled in recent weeks and only barely stumbled into the postseason. Still, the game will probably be closer than the last one.

Hope you're right about the outcome of the game.

You fooled me with that avatar. When did you become a Colts fan? :P

Hope you're right about the outcome of the game.

You fooled me with that avatar. When did you become a Colts fan? :P

The day the devil threw a snowball at Hitler :P Yeah I still surprise myself sometimes after I finish posting, I'm just like who is this guy haha But yeah, long story short, lost a bet.

I would feel better if the spread was 2 1/2 for Pitt. I can see them winning by 3 but not by a TD. I like the Steelers overall but not with that spread.

Take the under for sure. I see a 20-17 game.

That 1/2 point is a tough hook in a playoff game because it pretty much covers overtime.

In questionable weather, this might get very conservative, too.

Maybe I;m stuck on the last meeting but I just cant see Baltimore winning

I am rooting for Ravens so they can go to NE and Colts go to Denver.

To beat NE in NE, the QB needs to have a strong arm so the offense is not dink and dunk. Joe Flacco has that and he has good WRs. And Ravens always pose problems to NE.

Colts have a better chance this time to beat Denver, if they can stop CJA and make Manning throw a lot.

This will have a Colts vs Ravens AFCCG a possibility at our home.

That 1/2 point is a tough hook in a playoff game because it pretty much covers overtime.

In questionable weather, this might get very conservative, too.

Maybe I;m stuck on the last meeting but I just cant see Baltimore winning

Yeah, I don't see the Ravens winning either. The Steelers should be able to put points up at will even if Bell is limited.

Many people seem to think Baltimore will go one and done.

I don't think so, in fact, Flacco has never been one and done.

This is the one team that gives Pittsburgh problems. As for the Steelers, I don't believe they really are all that good. Ben lead the league in passing yards (tied with Brees) who cares? When is the last time a QB won the Super Bowl having super inflated yardage stats? No QB has ever won the SB the year he leads the passing yardage stat. That is the death throes of the NFL. Steelers won't get past the divisional round if they survive Baltimore.

I hope Baltimore wins just for the opportunity to see New England go one and done after we have been told all year long how this is the best team ever for barely scraping by a cupcake schedule after K.C. destroyed them. The Jets did it in 2010, it can be done again. They're not invincible. Baltimore is the one team that has the golden opportunity to do it. If they can't, then New England romps Pittsburgh or Denver and we have to see them in the SB again.

This is the one team that gives Pittsburgh problems. As for the Steelers, I don't believe they really are all that good. Ben lead the league in passing yards (tied with Brees) who cares? When is the last time a QB won the Super Bowl having super inflated yardage stats? No QB has ever won the SB the year he leads the passing yardage stat. That is the death throes of the NFL. Steelers won't get past the divisional round if they survive Baltimore.

I hope Baltimore wins just for the opportunity to see New England go one and done after we have been told all year long how this is the best team ever for barely scraping by a cupcake schedule after K.C. destroyed them. The Jets did it in 2010, it can be done again. They're not invincible. Baltimore is the one team that has the golden opportunity to do it. If they can't, then New England romps Pittsburgh or Denver and we have to see them in the SB again.

Ravens have never won in Pitt in the post-season.

NE has had one of the toughest schedules in the league.

Baltimore has just been poor the last 3 weeks.....20-15 win...over low rent Jacksonville..

25-13 loss to Houston...20-10 win over the 'No QB' Browns

....how do they stop Pitt's passing?

This is more of a mis-match in Pitts favor than I think people realize this season. BUT if Bell is not  a factor than that can swing things. I don't expect the Steelers to be able to run much anyways but he is a real threat in the pass game. Brown needs to be the x factor for this one.

This is more of a mis-match in Pitts favor than I think people realize this season. BUT if Bell is not a factor than that can swing things. I don't expect the Steelers to be able to run much anyways but he is a real threat in the pass game. Brown needs to be the x factor for this one.

When the Ravens had Jimmy Smith as cornerback , they crushed Pittsburgh 26-6.

When the Ravens had Jimmy Smith as cornerback , they crushed Pittsburgh 26-6.

True. I think Pitt has been playing the better ball though the last month or so. And they are at home. But a divisional rival is always tough. I am interested to see how they compensate for Bell if he is limited which I expect him to be.

How do you see the Ravens attacking the Steeler D?

True. I think Pitt has been playing the better ball though the last month or so. And they are at home. But a divisional rival is always tough. I am interested to see how they compensate for Bell if he is limited which I expect him to be.

How do you see the Ravens attacking the Steeler D?

Get the running game rolling and controlled passing to keep the Steeler offense off the field so they don't kill our depleted secondary again. The key will be Suggs and Dumervil getting maximum pressure. With Ngata back and Bell out, that helps. History is against us here, so they need a top effort.

Get the running game rolling and controlled passing to keep the Steeler offense off the field so they don't kill our depleted secondary again. The key will be Suggs and Dumervil getting maximum pressure. With Ngata back and Bell out, that helps. History is against us here, so they need a top effort.

How do you feel about corners? Webb is back right? He is pretty good.

Le'Veon Bell has been ruled out for the Wildcard game. This is a big loss for the Steelers and gives some more hope for the Ravens. However, there still is Antonio Gates to deal with, so it's not a certain win. I'm expecting a close game.

You mean Antonio Brown :).

I am rooting for Ravens so they can go to NE and Colts go to Denver.

To beat NE in NE, the QB needs to have a strong arm so the offense is not dink and dunk. Joe Flacco has that and he has good WRs. And Ravens always pose problems to NE.

Colts have a better chance this time to beat Denver, if they can stop CJA and make Manning throw a lot.

This will have a Colts vs Ravens AFCCG a possibility at our home.

You're going on past history which is a mistake since both teams went in different directions since 2012.  The Pats have gotten better and the Ravens have gotten worse and have more injuries.

The past success the Ravens had against the Pats was due to their "Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Bernard Pollard, Anquan Boldin, Ray Rice" team. None of those players are there anymore.  Terrell Suggs lost a step too since 2012.  Joe Flacco has regressed a little bit.

The Pats had one of the worst secondary's in football in 2012 and Talib got injured in the first quarter and Gronk didn't play in the AFC title game against the Ravens.  Now the Pats are loaded in the secondary and their D doesn't allow TD's in the 2nd half against the best offenses in the NFL.

The Ravens secondary is atrocious and has many injuries.

I'd prefer the Pats play the Ravens instead of the Steelers.  If the Steelers come to NE then Le'Veon Bell could be healthy enough to play.

The Pats schedule was one of the hardest in the NFL in 2013 and they did great and almost beat GB in GB.

Again, reposted here...

You're going on past history which is a mistake since both teams went in different directions since 2012.  The Pats have gotten better and the Ravens have gotten worse and have more injuries.

The past success the Ravens had against the Pats was due to their "Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Bernard Pollard, Anquan Boldin, Ray Rice" team. None of those players are there anymore.  Terrell Suggs lost a step too since 2012.  Joe Flacco has regressed a little bit.

The Pats had one of the worst secondary's in football in 2012 and Talib got injured in the first quarter and Gronk didn't play in the AFC title game against the Ravens.  Now the Pats are loaded in the secondary and their D doesn't allow TD's in the 2nd half against the best offenses in the NFL.

I'd prefer the Pats play the Ravens instead of the Steelers.  If the Steelers come to NE then Le'Veon Bell could be healthy enough to play.

The Pats schedule was one of the hardest in the NFL in 2013 and they did great and almost beat GB in GB.

Again, reposted here...

You're going on past history which is a mistake since both teams went in different directions since 2012. The Pats have gotten better and the Ravens have gotten worse and have more injuries.

The past success the Ravens had against the Pats was due to their "Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Bernard Pollard, Anquan Boldin, Ray Rice" team. None of those players are there anymore. Terrell Suggs lost a step too since 2012. Joe Flacco has regressed a little bit.

The Pats had one of the worst secondary's in football in 2012 and Talib got injured in the first quarter and Gronk didn't play in the AFC title game against the Ravens. Now the Pats are loaded in the secondary and their D doesn't allow TD's in the 2nd half against the best offenses in the NFL.

I'd prefer the Pats play the Ravens instead of the Steelers. If the Steelers come to NE then Le'Veon Bell could be healthy enough to play.

The pats played the packers in 2013?

Again, reposted here...

You're going on past history which is a mistake since both teams went in different directions since 2012. The Pats have gotten better and the Ravens have gotten worse and have more injuries.

The past success the Ravens had against the Pats was due to their "Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Bernard Pollard, Anquan Boldin, Ray Rice" team. None of those players are there anymore. Terrell Suggs lost a step too since 2012. Joe Flacco has regressed a little bit.

The Pats had one of the worst secondary's in football in 2012 and Talib got injured in the first quarter and Gronk didn't play in the AFC title game against the Ravens. Now the Pats are loaded in the secondary and their D doesn't allow TD's in the 2nd half against the best offenses in the NFL.

I'd prefer the Pats play the Ravens instead of the Steelers. If the Steelers come to NE then Le'Veon Bell could be healthy enough to play.

You may be right about the Raven's secondary, and it will probably cost them in the end. What you fail to mention is how in the last three playoff games in New England, that Flacco has totally outplayed Brady, and he is still there. Unlike other teams, the Ravens are not afraid of NE , or Pittsburgh . This may not be their year because of injuries, but Harbaugh coached teams are hard to take down in the playoffs.

You may be right about the Raven's secondary, and it will probably cost them in the end. What you fail to mention is how in the last three playoff games in New England, that Flacco has totally outplayed Brady, and he is still there. Unlike other teams, the Ravens are not afraid of NE , or Pittsburgh . This may not be their year because of injuries, but Harbaugh coached teams are hard to take down in the playoffs.

True but Flacco was going against one of the worst defenses especially against the pass those games while Brady was going against a historic defense led by Lewis and Reed. I think if they were to meet up this year the tables would be flipped like they were during last year's regular season game in Baltimore. Joe would have to face one of the best secondaries in the league while Brady would feast on your corners.

True but Flacco was going against one of the worst defenses especially against the pass those games while Brady was going against a historic defense led by Lewis and Reed. I think if they were to meet up this year the tables would be flipped like they were during last year's regular season game in Baltimore. Joe would have to face one of the best secondaries in the league while Brady would feast on your corners.

Yet Baltimore's pass defense is rated 27th, while Pittsburgh's is 30th, yet many feel Pittsburgh could beat NE. Except for the secondary, this Raven's team is far superior to last year's addition that lost to NE. It doesn't mean they will beat either team , but have a nice foundation for next year if Ozzie can get some top corners in like Bellichick did.

Yet Baltimore's pass defense is rated 27th, while Pittsburgh's is 30th, yet many feel Pittsburgh could beat NE. Except for the secondary, this Raven's team is far superior to last year's addition that lost to NE. It doesn't mean they will beat either team , but have a nice foundation for next year if Ozzie can get some top corners in like Bellichick did.

I think the Pats would handle Pitt rather easily because of their secondary. Same reason I feel confident about Ravens as well.

I like what Ozzie is doing. He needs better play from Joe too.

Flacco threw against a pathetic Pats' D that ranked out of the top 29.  In 2011 I believe the Pats had the worst D in the history of he NFL to make the playoffs.  In the 2012 AFC title game Talib got injured in the first quarter and no one could cover Boldin after that.

The Pats aren't afraid of anyone now that they got Revis and Browner back there.  And a healthy Gronk.

I'm not saying the Ravens can't beat the Pats, anyone can on any day, but I think it will be different this time since both teams are different in many ways.