Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Moncrief can block….he's solid all around

feedmoncrief

Teams that run the ball really well will always have WR's who are willing to at least get in the way of a DB.      It is HUGE.   

And DM is a big guy....     he could lay a dude out if his head is not on a swivel.  

the exact attitude Colt nation wants.

Did anyone else see him on Fleener's TD? blocked TWO defenders on that TD. He has been doing it all season. I am pumped and glad he got more snaps than Nicks 

That would've been crazy. Teams are already having trouble with TY and Moncrief enough as it is. Fleener was wide open the whole game today because of it. TY, Da'Rick, Mocrief, and Brazil as the 4 sick.

The Redskins are the only team that had trouble with moncrief.. steelers gave up garbage TD for him

Please lets not start the who is better thing all over. They are all Colt players and are not in competition with each other. Each receiver will have their days being the #1. The defense of the opposing team dictates that.

Well said CC1. I was thinking the exact same thing. I am really glad Moncrief is getting more playing time, but like you said all our WRs & TEs get action & they are all selfless NOT selfish meaning they aren't looking for individual accolades just team victories. Nice! 

Blown coverage equals TD and that is what happened... dont get carried away

That may be true RTP, but teams must still capitalize on mistakes right? A blown coverage can still missed. The fact that Moncrief took Luck's pass & finished the drive with 6 points is significant to me. 

Not every WR has a nose for the endzone. Fortunately for us, Reggie trains our offensive crew pretty darn well. I'm just saying. 

That may be true RTP, but teams must still capitalize on mistakes right? A blown coverage can still missed. The fact that Moncrief took Luck's pass & finished the drive with 6 points is significant to me.

Not every WR has a nose for the endzone. Fortunately for us, Reggie trains our offensive crew pretty darn well. I'm just saying.

Moncrief taught himself to block. Reggie quit blocking on that play.

He should have been starting weeks ago over Nicks. The coaching staff needs to take the emotions out and start benching guys that aren't playing well. Richardson, Nicks, Thornton, or Landry shouldn't be starting. That's the difference between average coaches and great ones like Belichick, Parcells. 

In the past 3 weeks, Nicks has only started 1 game and Landry has started 0

accept moncrief has had two big games.one versus steelers and the redskins he would have more if he was targeted just as much in other games. Rogers was a bad route runner who have ran routes when the ball didn't come his way

Moncrief has 24 receptions in 12 games. He showed his big play potential versus Washington, and had a decent game when we got blown out by Pittsburgh.  We still need more time to judge him accurately.  I don't like to get into arguments on this board, but would appreciate a halfway decent attempt at grammar if you are going to pick a fight.  "Rogers was a bad route runner who have run routes.." that took me way too long to figure out what I think you meant.

Blown coverage equals TD and that is what happened... dont get carried away

Do we really need to get carried away to determine he should be starting over Nicks?  Nicks hasn't even been open for any of these types of big plays Moncrief has been open for.

He burned Browner over a handful of times against NE. He's something special.

You can't cover both him and TY deep in one play.

We need to exploit that.

I've been saying send TY and Moncreif deep since the beginning of the year.

Chuck it to whichever one burnt the safeties, or to whoever is open underneath (Fleener, Wayne, RB) 

This is an excellent problem to have. 

Moncrief has 24 receptions in 12 games. He showed his big play potential versus Washington, and had a decent game when we got blown out by Pittsburgh. We still need more time to judge him accurately. I don't like to get into arguments on this board, but would appreciate a halfway decent attempt at grammar if you are going to pick a fight. "Rogers was a bad route runner who have run routes.." that took me way too long to figure out what I think you meant.

smart phone auto correct lol

As someone mentioned, if we are deliberate at keeping TY and Moncrief on the field at the same time, we can be explosive at any time. Add that to Reggie in the slot and the TEs development and it could be very scary for opponents. Now if we could just keep adding to the O line and give Andrew some time, it will be fun to watch for many years to come.