Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Griff Whalen signed to PS.

Dustin

I mean I knew he'd be back, but only cause there's nothing else out there. Injuries & knuckleheads like Rogers & Brazill are keeping Whalen around when he should've been gone.

Yeah who knows. He may stick around next year as well since Reggie Wayne has lost a step and Hakeem Nicks hasn't seen much action. Or if we go after that CFL star, Whalen will probably be erased.

That's not saying too much. Whalen just simply doesn't have the ability to be a premier slot WR in the NFL. It's not hard to replace a guy like Griff Whalen.

How do you know he doesn't have the ability?

He hasn't had a chance to play. They have not used him as a receiver this year.

Yeah who knows. He may stick around next year as well since Reggie Wayne has lost a step and Hakeem Nicks hasn't seen much action. Or if we go after that CFL star, Whalen will probably be erased.

All of those are true but I wouldn't be surprised if we draft a WR. 

I mean after this year is up we're pretty much left with Hilton and Moncrief.  Our future 1 and 2 most likely but you usually want to have a #3 that's pretty good.

All of those are true but I wouldn't be surprised if we draft a WR.

I mean after this year is up we're pretty much left with Hilton and Moncrief. Our future 1 and 2 most likely but you usually want to have a #3 that's pretty good.

need to better option than griff Whalen at 3.

And why do you think that is? Because he's a special teamer at the NFL level.

Contrary to popular belief a coach not playing a player does not mean that player cant play or is not good enough to play. Most coaches have certain characteristics they prefer in players

The last thing we need to do is let him go...

new england would be the first to pick him up like they did with austin collie...

You do realize that every team in the NFL had a chance to pick him up he had to clear waivers in order to get back to our practice squad?  He can be signed at anytime from out PS. He isn't in high demand there is a reason for that. Much like Da'Rick Rodgers who some were comparing to Dez Bryant...really

Probably won't happen but I'd love to incorporate Demps into the passing game on screens, third downs.  Also on certain running plays. It would be incredibly hard to deal with us with a speedy guy like that out there on top of the other threats. I could imagine what the Pats would have to do with their coverage when you can also match a guy like that up on those big linebackers of theirs.

Man, Griff must be feeling up and down with this, the amount of times we've done this to him is insane lol.

He's cleared waivers every time it's happened. There isn't a lot of demand for a guy like Griff Whalen. He's probably glad to still be in the league and a part of the team.

Contrary to popular belief a coach not playing a player does not mean that player cant play or is not good enough to play. Most coaches have certain characteristics they prefer in players

I think the characteristics most coaches the one's with jobs anyway are looking for is talent and the ability to make plays. Where do you come up with this stuff?