Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chris Collinsworth

RockThatBlue

Dan Dierdorf during Patriots games was worse. So happy he retired. He could've wiped out New York City in a flood caused by all the drooling he does around the Patriots. Really got under my skin every time he called Brady "Tom", sounding like they were personal best buddies in high school or something. Or even worse than that....

These sissy boys don't deserve to call themselves broadcasters nowadays. I want hard, old school broadcasters like my father grew up with. Collinsworth thinks I give a darn about his opinion because he was able to crank out a few mediocre seasons with the Bengals before the USFL told him and his law degree to take a hike? Not a chance. I want a hard drinking old timer talking football on my television set. You know, a guy who you can't tell whether he's rambling because his brain is half scrambled from starting both ways in the mid 50's for a Citrus Bowl winning team his senior year or from playing fullback for 12 seasons when the game was about smashing the ball up the middle 50 times a game. Or maybe he's not making any sense because he has had interns bringing him scotch's every 30 minutes since 11AM. Either way, him and Coach Chuck are the only two people in the game who still know that football is about running the ball and stopping the run. That's the kind of guy I want to hear talking football.

I have nothing against Collinsworth. He's not a bad commentator, does not overly rag on players when others do.

Gruden is the worst....Dierdoff was before him.

I watch most games on mute...especially after that stupid siren in the Superdome from 2 weeks ago. Trane and Miles can be my commentators for now on, cause horns sound better than hearing a game.

These sissy boys don't deserve to call themselves broadcasters nowadays. I want hard, old school broadcasters like my father grew up with. Collinsworth thinks I give a darn about his opinion because he was able to crank out a few mediocre seasons with the Bengals before the USFL told him and his law degree to take a hike? Not a chance. I want a hard drinking old timer talking football on my television set. You know, a guy who you can't tell whether he's rambling because his brain is half scrambled from starting both ways in the mid 50's for a Citrus Bowl winning team his senior year or from playing fullback for 12 seasons when the game was about smashing the ball up the middle 50 times a game. Or maybe he's not making any sense because he has had interns bringing him scotch's every 30 minutes since 11AM. Either way, him and Coach Chuck are the only two people in the game who still know that football is about running the ball and stopping the run. That's the kind of guy I want to hear talking football.

Sissie boys and hard old school mentioned two sentences apart. Nice....

You could easily go to the bar and hear drunk guys talking about football if that's your think with real guys and not sissies....or like these forums, I know there's some crazy stuff bound to be posted.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, November 18, 2014 - inappropriate
Hidden by Nadine, November 18, 2014 - inappropriate

Collinsworth is terrible. He's a Tom Brady and BB nut swinger. If his son ever makes it to the NFL out of Notre Dame and goes to the Colts (would never happen because he's bad) his dad would have a heart attack and die. I can't stand to listen to his bias opinion.

I have nothing against Collinsworth. He's not a bad commentator, does not overly rag on players when others do.

Gruden is the worst....Dierdoff was before him.

I watch most games on mute...especially after that stupid siren in the Superdome from 2 weeks ago. Trane and Miles can be my commentators for now on, cause horns sound better than hearing a game.

I agree that Gruden is the worst. Everytime a camera is put on him he lights up like a Christmas tree.

Collinsworth is terrible. He's a Tom Brady and BB nut swinger. If his son ever makes it to the NFL out of Notre Dame and goes to the Colts (would never happen because he's bad) his dad would have a heart attack and die. I can't stand to listen to his bias opinion.

You do realize that he was a Colts' rump swab when Peyton was here, yes?

Collinsworth was terrific last night.    He's very good most nights.

Gruden is good as well.

And Dierdorf was very good.

I have no problem with Cris Collinsworth. What I like about him is this: Whatever your level of football IQ is, anybody can follow him, get something out of it, & not feel overwhelmed. Plus, he has a nice speaking voice too. 

And before anyone claims that he has a NE bias, just remember that he always finds something complementary to say about the team that lost the game & I expect any analyst to devote more attention to the winning franchise as the game is being decided in the last 5 minutes of the 4th QTR anyway. 

The Patriots crushed the Colts. They deserve to be praised for that. INDY needs to lick it's wounds & figure out how to run the ball & stop the run. That's not Cris's fault or BB's fault; it's ours & we have a ton of work to do. 

Personally, I think Collinsworth is fine as an announcer and analyst.  Last night, he purposely ignored the obvious no calls benefitting the Patriots.  Its really curious how he could openly justify such things on national TV.

Collinsworth was reported to have a long hatred for the Colts after they moved from Baltimore, when he was a Bengal.  Don't know if its true..or what the beef could possibly be.

But in the last few years, I think he has been quite objective but last night was a head scratcher for sure.

Not as long as Phil Simms is around.

Yeah, I agree 100% Phil Sims & Jim Nance are my favorite broadcast duo personally followed closely by Solomon Wilcots doing game play by play commentary. 

Troy Aikman & Joe Buck remind me of a modern day John Madden & Pat Summerall. Troy states the obvious [AKA Madden] & Joe has a poetic flair to his analysis just like Pat did. JMO. 

Personally, I think Collinsworth is fine as an announcer and analyst.  Last night, he purposely ignored the obvious no calls benefitting the Patriots.  Its really curious how he could openly justify such things on national TV.

Collinsworth was reported to have a long hatred for the Colts after they moved from Baltimore, when he was a Bengal.  Don't know if its true..or what the beef could possibly be.

But in the last few years, I think he has been quite objective but last night was a head scratcher for sure.

I'm glad you had this covered earlier in this thread. Chris Collinsworth, for some reason, has always hated the Colts. I knew this when I was ten years old and collecting football cards.  I thought this was a well-known fact among Colts fans. He is NEVER objective...in any way...when he can bash the Colts.    

I'm glad you had this covered earlier in this thread. Chris Collinsworth, for some reason, has always hated the Colts. I knew this when I was ten years old and collecting football cards.  I thought this was a well-known fact among Colts fans. He is NEVER objective...in any way...when he can bash the Colts.    

he was really bad with his anti-colts bias back in his early broadcasting days. i've also noticed that he actually hates the steelers more than the colts

as he's moved higher in his career, he's wisely become much more neutral. that doesn't mean i don't remember his true colors & despise his nasally voice

he once was an early form of a modern day skip bayless in a way

he was really bad with his anti-colts bias back in his early broadcasting days. i've also noticed that he actually hates the steelers more than the colts

as he's moved higher in his career, he's wisely become much more neutral. that doesn't mean i don't remember his true colors & despise his nasally voice

he once was an early form of a modern day skip bayless in a way

You must be getting old, too. I honestly thought it was a known fact that Collinsworth is a long-time Colts hater. It makes sense that he'd hate the Steelers, but the Colts were awful back then...for years and years. It used to strike me as odd. Now I just try to tune him out. He is what he is...and that is a 'bag.

Bayless should never be mentioned. Anywhere. He is simply a professional troll. Every internet troll's dream = Skip Bayless. I have never watched any show he has been on and, frankly, don't understand why anyone would. ESPN loses more credibility by giving that knob a paycheck.

If he was really gonna detest any team, wouldn't it be the 49ers since they cost him & Solomon Wilcots a SB ring? I wonder if Cris could do a TV broadcast with guest analyst Joe Montana? Only teasing! 

Despite losing a SB to New Orleans in 2009, I have no issue with Sean Payton or Drew Brees myself as a Colts fan now. So, Cris would be a professional about working with Joe live I'm sure. 

You must be getting old, too. I honestly thought it was a known fact that Collinsworth is a long-time Colts hater. It makes sense that he'd hate the Steelers, but the Colts were awful back then...for years and years. It used to strike me as odd. Now I just try to tune him out. He is what he is...and that is a 'bag.

Bayless should never be mentioned. Anywhere. He is simply a professional troll. Every internet troll's dream = Skip Bayless. I have never watched any show he has been on and, frankly, don't understand why anyone would. ESPN loses more credibility by giving that knob a paycheck.

What I remember reading was that Collinsworth dislike for the Colts started when he was a player for Cincinnati, and it had something to do with the Colts relocation from Baltimore and a dislike for Bob Irsay, which was sort of a fashionable thing to do back then.  It was cool to hate him.

It was a really weird beef, like the Colts invading a market that belonged to the Bengals...for whatever reason a player would care about such things back in the 80s/90s.

I do like him. I like his enthusiasm for the game although he is the king of hyperbole.  :)

Couldn't stand Gruden at first (because of being hyperbolic, as you pointed out), but I've warmed up to him. Either that or the quality of MNF announcing improved with Jaworski out.

If Dan Deirdorf wouldn't have called this, nobody would have noticed. This is 1 of my favorite plays and Larry Allen is my second favorite all time.

Skip Bayless is like Archie Bunker. The hidden message is that he's actually right alot.

1 everyone would have noticed that

2 good god