Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Nice game Coby Fleener

ponyboy

He made a few nice catches but he was left wide open most of the game. 

I disagree. He beat Browner a few times and a third time he pushed off and got away with it, good for him. If you somehow avoid Browner's jam (easier said than done), it seems like you can catch balls against him. I saw a few things from Coby that I did not see before. He went up for his jump balls, he was not gun shy and showed very good hands and feet control too. Let us give credit where it is due. His number was called and he answered.

Coby was the only bright spot tonight.  Too bad his performance was lost in the crud that the Colts were today.

Almost forgot, Vinnie was another bright spot.  Even though I thought we should have gone for it on 4th and 1, Vinnie still has a huge leg.

That kick might have been good from 60 yards out. None the less, we needed a td. Coby had a great game... and Andrew Luck has 8 straight 300 yard games with the Eagles game being the only one who didn't hit that mark.

He looked fantastic yesterday. Granted, the Patriots were focused on stopping Hilton and Wayne, and that gave Fleener some favorable match ups. However, Fleener took full advantage. He caught the ball well and ran crisp routes from what I could see.

It seemed to me, most importantly, that he played with some anger, he seemed very aggressive out there. I really liked that. I hope he carries that forward the rest of the season. These last two games have been good for Coby, hopefully he is building something here to really establish himself among the top tier of tight ends in the league.