Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck for MVP!

Synthetic

In Luck's defense he is hit more times than anyonw and he still pulls off some crazy plays that i'm not sure other quarterbacks would. He is better than anyone in the league at avoiding sacks and he still doesn't have the quick release of a Peyton Brady or a Tom Manning.

That dime he dropped on Reggie while being hit was a thing of beauty. He deserves it as much as anyone by my estimation. I wont be mad if he or Peyton or Brady or Rodgers win so far.

Luck is in the top 5 MVP race but he's not going to win it unless he stops throwing so many INT's.

Luck does seem to throw his share of picks, but I like to include TD's as well.  The TD to INT ratio is what I look at, much like a strikeouts /walk ratio.  In that sense, I'd like to point out that Luck threw 23 TD's to 18 INT in his rookie year.  Last season Luck threw 23 TD's to 9 INT.  This season so far-  26 TD's to 9 INT.  his TD to INT ratio continues to improve, even as his pass attempts and TD's increases.  So I'm not as worked up about the INT's as others.  But the almost INT's sure get the old heart racing.   :woah:  

I do give him credit but if he's going to win it, can't have more then 13 INT's because Rodgers and Big Ben are playing great.

I think they tend to look at Int percentage more than anything, but it'd be nice as always to cut down the interceptions.

He also leads in TD'S and yards (one more game than Manning).

His completion percentage is almost the same as Bradys with almost 70 more attempts.

He should be the leader for MVP right now. He's having a monster season and is on pace to break PEYTON'S passing yards record.

I think they tend to look at Int percentage more than anything, but it'd be nice as always to cut down the interceptions.

He also leads in TD'S and yards (one more game than Manning).

His completion percentage is almost the same as Bradys with almost 70 more attempts.

He should be the leader for MVP right now. He's having a monster season and is on pace to break PEYTON'S passing yards record.

he isn't on pace, but he isn't far behind

Honestly..... Luck hasn't been all that great tonight.

He's missed way too many passes. He's under 60 percent.

He's shown flashes. And he's done a nice job. But this is not even close to the best he's played this year.......

Still.... if your argument is that Luck is special..... then we agree! :thmup:

Luck is amazing.. if luck had a somewhat decent oline he would be superbowl bound.. oline is what is holding the team back.. you cant be the most hit/sacked qb in the league and expect him to put up more than 60% completion rating. For as many times as he was on his back im surprised he hit 60.. hit 110+ times in 9 games.. put it this way.. luck has been hit more than bradshaw has carries.. but at the end of the day i think we all agree luck is MVP so far.. lets just hope he can stay healthy

Andrew Luck has my vote. No other qb in the league is asked to do what he does on a weekly basis. Look at his is body of work from week 1 up until now, it's not even close. He's putting up 300 plus yards a game. All of this while getting slapped around every time he throws a pass. People want to go with Brady or Manning just because instead of looking at whats happening right now.

Andrew Luck has my vote. No other qb in the league is asked to do what he does on a weekly basis. Look at his is body of work from week 1 up until now, it's not even close. He's putting up 300 plus yards a game. All of this while getting slapped around every time he throws a pass. People want to go with Brady or Manning just because instead of looking at whats happening right now.

Co-signed, the kid is playing like Lebron, physically dominating oft times.

Luck is officially on pace to break the passing yards record.

3,085 through 9 weeks. Projected total of 5,484 (5,477 record).

Especially with the remaining schedule, I think Luck could shatter that record!  If somehow he falls short, I do believe he will have over 5,000.  With him being a 3 year pro, that is unheard of!!  The man throws for over 300 yards like it's just another day in the office, and does it usually by the end of the 3rd quarter.  So he is still holding some back!  That is crazy!!