Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Blockbuster trade for the Patriots as they recieve LB Jonathan Casillas

MTC

The Bucs are the new Raiders for the Patriots in trade pals. Randy Moss, then Richard Seymour for 1st round pick with the Raiders.

Talib, Tim Wright and now Jonathan Casillas from the Bucs. I am shocked they did not get VJax from the Bucs.

The Bucs are the new Raiders for the Patriots in trade pals. Randy Moss, then Richard Seymour for 1st round pick with the Raiders.

Talib, Tim Wright and now Jonathan Casillas from the Bucs. I am shocked they did not get VJax from the Bucs.

I doubt Pats were willing to give away a high pick for him. 

Can you please post the link..for some reason some twitter or something causes me to see only empty posts...I'd love to see the article...thanks

It's not an article. Just a tweet.

@RapSheet

The #Bucs are finishing up a trade to send LB Jonathan Casillas to the #Patriots, source says.

The #Bucs are finishing up a trade to send LB Jonathan Casillas to the #Patriots, source says.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet)

October 28, 2014

Maybe the pats plan to onside kick to start a half . . . this guy was the one that recovered the onside kick in SB44 . . . :headspin:

It is always nice to have depth . . . hopefully he will work out and be a good 4-6 WR in the depth chart

Maybe the pats plan to onside kick to start a half . . . this guy was the one that recovered the onside kick in SB44 . . . :headspin:

It is always nice to have depth . . . hopefully he will work out and be a good 4-6 WR in the depth chart

WR? haha

Im glad they didn't trade for Vjax too.. a high draft pick for a 32 year old receiver is way too much

I think it was more of a salary issue than "a high draft pick" issue. His base salary is 10 mill per year and that pretty much would mean NE would just be renting him for these last 8 games. I would think that TB would have taken a low 3rd or high 4th as they will soon be paying a 32 year old WR 10 mill per. I think the Pats could have squeezed him in this year but then what ? Do you know what they will have to pay Revis next year ? That contract is laughable. In order to have him for 2014 for an unrealistic 7 mill cap # , they will take a cap hit of 5 mill next year or they eat 25 mill in cap space next year. I guess they could just keep shoving everything down the road and be like a minor league team in 3 or so years. 

I think it was more of a salary issue than "a high draft pick" issue. His base salary is 10 mill per year and that pretty much would mean NE would just be renting him for these last 8 games. I would think that TB would have taken a low 3rd or high 4th as they will soon be paying a 32 year old WR 10 mill per. I think the Pats could have squeezed him in this year but then what ? Do you know what they will have to pay Revis next year ? That contract is laughable. In order to have him for 2014 for an unrealistic 7 mill cap # , they will take a cap hit of 5 mill next year or they eat 25 mill in cap space next year. I guess they could just keep shoving everything down the road and be like a minor league team in 3 or so years. 

Yea i think the reason they're still sitting on so much cap room right now is to roll it over to next year and use to to sign McCourty and Revis long term, and franchise Ghostkowski

tampa just traded their team plane to undisclosed organization in the middle east

Is that supposed to signify that NE is a shady organization that performs shady, devious deals under the cloak of darkness SDS? Bill Belichick as Lucifer, Senator Palpatine/Sith Lord, & someone on the FBI's Most Wanted List all rolled into one? 

Success does breed many enemies. Embrace the villain role NE fans, I am always mesmerized by a ruthlessly intriguing, foe. Not every NFL franchise can be warm, friendly, & fuzzy. Nor do I want them to be either.  LOL! 

I do get a kick out of your sarcasm SDS. Keep it up! 

I get it. You are saying that Tampa Bay is so strapped for cash to pull in elite talent that they will sell anything including their team wings to acquire better athletic specimen on their starting roster.

Tampa Bay's "Everything Must Go" Fire sale....I can already hear an auctioneer shouting & accepting bids. Ha! Ha! No reasonable offer will be refused. Reasonable as in, how much change is in your pocket? Okay, that was a tad bit harsh. Still, probably accurate/truthful though. 

sorry meant LB . . . we need one with the loss of Mayo . . .

Yes, you do Yehoodi. I feel bad for Mayo. Wasn't he hurt/missed time last season too? He's a solid LB whose leadership presence is definitely missed on defense. He was starting to come into his own too. It's a shame. Good luck finding a capable substitute. 

Yea i think the reason they're still sitting on so much cap room right now is to roll it over to next year and use to to sign McCourty and Revis long term, and franchise Ghostkowski

I don't know how they are going to deal with that Revis contract. It's a 2 year deal with him due a 12 mill $ roster bonus payable the "final day of the 2014 NFL season" whenever that is. I mean Revis is not going to just toss that away .... I don't think. He's all about money and is not going to give NE any discounts I don't think anyway..... Now they can turn that 12 mill into another signing bonus and then backload an extension I guess but sooner or later they are going to "pay the piper." Revis counted 7 mil against the 2014 cap. He's a 13-14 mill a year guy , so your already looking at probably 6 mill pushed down the road. 

Yes, you do Yehoodi. I feel bad for Mayo. Wasn't he hurt/missed time last season too? He's a solid LB whose leadership presence is definitely missed on defense. He was starting to come into his own too. It's a shame. Good luck finding a capable substitute. 

yes he was . . . about the same time too ( . . . thanks for the well wishes . . . :thmup:

yes he was . . . about the same time too ( . . . thanks for the well wishes . . . :thmup:

Anytime my man. SW1 has mad respect for your organization. Robert Kraft, Bill Belichick, Tom Brady, & Vince Wilfork. I just really admire how your franchise is built & the longterm success your club has enjoyed which is no accident. Blood, sweat, & film study. 

I joke around a lot about Brady's famous lifestyle & the Grey Hoodie's emotionless press conferences, but that's only because they are regular guys who have reached the pinnacle of their profession in this league while still staying grounded after a decade or so. Nice. 

If I'm traveling through Massachusetts in the near future, it would be cool to see a Pats game with you, GoPats, AMF, JM51, VL, & other NE friends I've made on here. As a rival, NE is supposed to be my arch rival, but I don't hate your squad. I revere your never say die, competitive mentality as a team. 

Mayo will play great next season. If he has 1 full year with no ailments whatsoever, that kid is gonna light it up & play like gangbusters man. Trust me. Gronk looks good too Yehoodi. I never dismiss NE ever. 

PS Just make sure we don't go to a game where the Pats face the Dolphins okay because for some reason beyond my comprehension the fins always have Foxboro's number. It's odd, but true that's my only request Yehoodi.  ;)

Thanks...for some reasons tweets don't show upon my computer...appreciate the response..

I don't always see twitter responses either TYG or they show up later after I re-enter the same thread like a delayed blitz. So, your not the only person with that problem my friend. 

I have no idea why this happens. Machines just get possessed, have a mind of their own, & Skynet is taking over I guess. "Terminator 2: Judgement Day" film joke. LOL! 

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet)

October 28, 2014

Maybe it's just me, but twitter notifications & hash tags remind me of undisclosed informants or "anonymous White House sources claim"....

My point is this: Tweets don't strike me as rock solid, dependable sources of reliable or vetted information. Speed & ease of use seldom guarantees accuracy. Quotes like the phrase above sound made up at worst or grossly exaggerated at best. I guess I skim through a tweet & then look for an article that confirms & substantiates what I just read via a trusted online newspaper. That's how I roll. 

Even if I know who sent the tweet in question, I don't like the information revealed in them to be simple sentences that make me feel dumber as opposed to smarter like fast food journalism. JMO. 

I don't know how they are going to deal with that Revis contract. It's a 2 year deal with him due a 12 mill $ roster bonus payable the "final day of the 2014 NFL season" whenever that is. I mean Revis is not going to just toss that away .... I don't think. He's all about money and is not going to give NE any discounts I don't think anyway..... Now they can turn that 12 mill into another signing bonus and then backload an extension I guess but sooner or later they are going to "pay the piper." Revis counted 7 mil against the 2014 cap. He's a 13-14 mill a year guy , so your already looking at probably 6 mill pushed down the road. 

Yes. The Revis contract is fascinating. Right now he is performing well but not as the best CB which is what he will be paid like next season under is deal. He does like his money but him resigning depends on a few things in my mind:

1) First and foremost, how much the Pats value him. Bill has been glowing about him every since he got here - his work ethic, his football smarts, versatility, etc. I think the Pats are high on him but that does not mean they will want to pay top dollar again.

2) How the Pats do this season. If Revis gets his ring, he could want to come back because he wants another or decide that now he really wants to get paid because he is a champion.

3) How Revis performs. I don't think he will have too many teams at age 30 willing to give him the $20 mil that he is due from the Pats. That being said, is he worth 12-14 mil? Yes. He will get that from the bottom feeders for sure but he would have gotten that last off-season but made it clear he wanted to play for a contender.

So all in all lots of variables but I think those are the key ones. I think the Pats are $14 mil under the cap in part to resign Revis. But they will have to get fancy with the numbers like they always do to make it work IF he wants to stay.

Then no whining about how abused Brady is because he never gets any receivers.

The issue here is the Pats believe in this two TE predicated offense which is why they got Wright and signed Lafells who is basically a WR that runs in-cuts. They will not sign a stud outside receiver no matter how obvious it is come playoff time and the good teams take away the middle of the field. Perhaps they believe they have the guy in either Dobson or Tyms but honestly this "strategy" by Bill is maddening and has cost Brady big time the last 7 years of his career.

Yes. The Revis contract is fascinating. Right now he is performing well but not as the best CB which is what he will be paid like next season under is deal. He does like his money but him resigning depends on a few things in my mind:

1) First and foremost, how much the Pats value him. Bill has been glowing about him every since he got here - his work ethic, his football smarts, versatility, etc. I think the Pats are high on him but that does not mean they will want to pay top dollar again.

2) How the Pats do this season. If Revis gets his ring, he could want to come back because he wants another or decide that now he really wants to get paid because he is a champion.

3) How Revis performs. I don't think he will have too many teams at age 30 willing to give him the $20 mil that he is due from the Pats. That being said, is he worth 12-14 mil? Yes. He will get that from the bottom feeders for sure but he would have gotten that last off-season but made it clear he wanted to play for a contender.

So all in all lots of variables but I think those are the key ones. I think the Pats are $14 mil under the cap in part to resign Revis. But they will have to get fancy with the numbers like they always do to make it work IF he wants to stay.

This looks to be the #.....But that's right now as we speak in 2014. It really doesn't give an accurate # of how much they will have for Revis in 2015.

From Miguel...

According to my figures the Patriots' 2014 current commitment is for $102,138,763 with 53 players signed. I have the Patriots' 2014 dead money as $17,068,652. The Patriots have 8 players on Injured Reserve. Their cap total is $10,228,436. Maintaining the ten-man practice squad has cost $945,000. $17,068,652 + $102,138,763 + $10,288,436 + $945,000 = $130,380,851. My numbers do INCLUDEthe transactions made on October 22nd (Ayers trade and the Ja'Gared Davis release). The Patriots 2014 adjusted cap number is $139,109,051 so I have the Pats under it by $8,728,200. On October 18Joel Corry reported that the Patriots had 9.838 million in cap space. Joel Corry's numbers do not include the impact of promoting Chris Barker and Jonas Gray to the 53-man roster from the practice squad, the impact of Wilfork reaching his NLTBE 46-man active roster bonus, Ayers trade, and the Ja'Gared Davis release. Those two moves took up $541,589 in cap space so my number was off from the official number by about $180,000. Please note that my numbers are

Im glad they didn't trade for Vjax too.. a high draft pick for a 32 year old receiver is way too much

With Lafell playing great why would you need him? I mean sure if they are giving him away but no reason to worried....your offense is clicking now...and he has provided that threat you have been lacking.

Then no whining about how abused Brady is because he never gets any receivers.

They need to have a young stud receiver that can play on the outside.. Vjax is approaching the end of his prime, so i wouldnt want to give him a huge contract and invest low round picks into him at the same time.. If he was a free agent then it makes more sense to go with a big contract over 3-4 years