Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Overlooked: Luck breaks yet another record

CroatianColtsFan21

this wasn't so much about records, but to show it's not all that bad, or at least it shouldn't be..

oh well, i'll come back when we beat the giants to the pulp :D

No offense meant, I'm just feeling a little crusty today!

Same thing as last week, wasn't enamored with all the over the top praise going on last week either.

"You don't count your money 'till the dealing is done"

i.e. It's a long season!

Well, all I can say is, it's a good thing Irsay told Grigson to not focus on Star Wars type numbers.  

But I think Grigs misunderstood a "balanced team"  A balanced team does not mean what that is capable of scoring 51 and giving up 51.

I blame the coaches. They clearly didn't have a good plan together, and they did not adjust well either. These coaches are better than that, but I feel they were shell shocked by the ridiculous protection Ben was enjoying. 

Uhh no he won't...

Manning through 3 years (98-00) 58 INTS

Luck (12-Now) 36 INTs and at his current season rate would finish with 45. 

I'm sorry, but this is completely inaccurate. At current pace, Luck throws 18 on the season. His total through 3 years would be 45. Manning threw 28, 15 and 15. That totals 58.

Dont-worry-I-yxctu6.jpg

Just a joke btw...!

I blame the coaches. They clearly didn't have a good plan together, and they did not adjust well either. These coaches are better than that, but I feel they were shell shocked by the ridiculous protection Ben was enjoying. 

Yeah, I really don't think this game was anything more than some veteran coaches sticking it to the young upstarts and showing them they still have some things to learn to keep playing with the big boys.

The steelers offensive line game plan was flawless, they had two people on Redding and RJF just about every pass play, had a RB and a TE to pick up any blitzers and Manusky didn't do anything that surprised them.

Then LeBeau really just took Pep out behind the woodshed and whipped him good.

I've been on record before saying this, LeBeau is a dang genius. He's always given us fits. What I saw Defensively) from the Steelers reminded me starkly of that doomed AFCCG from 2005. 

Well, all I can say is, it's a good thing Irsay told Grigson to not focus on Star Wars type numbers.  

But I think Grigs misunderstood a "balanced team"  A balanced team does not mean what that is capable of scoring 51 and giving up 51.

I dunno.. Those numbers seem pretty balanced to me.

;)

Yeah, I really don't think this game was anything more than some veteran coaches sticking it to the young upstarts and showing them they still have some things to learn to keep playing with the big boys.

The steelers offensive line game plan was flawless, they had two people on Redding and RJF just about every pass play, had a RB and a TE to pick up any blitzers and Manusky didn't do anything that surprised them.

I love how people blame the coaches.. how is it the coaches fault that our pass rushers didnt do there job.. or how the secondary is slow and awful. Completing 40 of 49 passes isnt anyones fault but the players and their execution. Zero pass defensed and zero sacks are on the players. Not on the coaches

I've been on record before saying this, LeBeau is a dang genius. He's always given us fits. What I saw Defensively) from the Steelers reminded me starkly of that doomed AFCCG from 2005. 

I wanted to like this but I really can't like anything that talks positively about the Steelers,  But I will say this is spot on.   

I love how people blame the coaches.. how is it the coaches fault that our pass rushers didnt do there job.. or how the secondary is slow and awful. Completing 40 of 49 passes isnt anyones fault but the players and their execution. Zero pass defensed and zero sacks are on the players. Not on the coaches

Would you try to jam 10 pounds of poop into a 5 pound bag? Because that's what I saw last night when we futilely kept rushing wave after wave of defenders (many of which would typically have coverage responsibilities) into the brick wall that is the Steelers O-line. 

Our coverage has been superb all year, and suddenly it wasn't. What's that tell you? Tells me that the coverage units weren't put in the right position to make plays. They made mistakes too, don't get me wrong. But players that have been solid all year shouldn't suddenly be rendered inept, as if they just decided to take the night off. 

We shouldn't have kept blitzing. Insanity is defined as doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result, and the defensive approach we took last night was insane. 

I'm glad you love it.

it's the coaches fault because:

• The pass rushers did their job but there was always someone waiting to pick them up.  The Steelers knew exactly where they were coming from and when.  They showed a stat one time, the Steelers left 8 in to block on some of the long patterns.  When the Colts sent more than 5 then BR dumped it off to the open area every time.
  • It's the coaches fault because if the secondary is slow and awful (which I'm not agreeing with just saying if that is the case) then the coach should not put them on man coverage against fast WRs.
  • Actually if the QB is completes 40 of 49 passes then that is mostly the coaches fault, that means he is not putting players in a position to stop it.  He is not making adjustments.

Some of the players didn't do anything to help and I'm not saying they are blameless but this loss is on the coaches as much, if not more than, the players.

Would you try to jam 10 pounds of poop into a 5 pound bag? Because that's what I saw last night when we futilely kept rushing wave after wave of defenders (many of which would typically have coverage responsibilities) into the brick wall that is the Steelers O-line. 

Our coverage has been superb all year, and suddenly it wasn't. What's that tell you? Tells me that the coverage units weren't put in the right position to make plays. They made mistakes too, don't get me wrong. But players that have been solid all year shouldn't suddenly be rendered inept, as if they just decided to take the night off. 

We shouldn't have kept blitzing. Insanity is defined as doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result, and the defensive approach we took last night was insane. 

I told my wife during the game, especially after Davis went out that the Colts should go to a 4-3, zone blitz type adjustment.  Have Werner at RJF as the DE and a rotation of Kerr, Chapman and Hughes at the DT spots.  Then in the back 7 goes with two LBers and 3 CBs.  This would have allowed them to disguise the blitz a bit more and pick and choose some spots to attack the oline.  But instead they kept saying , "hey were are going to blitz up the middle this play, try to stop us."  And the Steelers kept stopping them.

I'm glad you love it.

it's the coaches fault because:

• The pass rushers did their job but there was always someone waiting to pick them up. The Steelers knew exactly where they were coming from and when. They showed a stat one time, the Steelers left 8 in to block on some of the long patterns. When the Colts sent more than 5 then BR dumped it off to the open area every time.
  • It's the coaches fault because if the secondary is slow and awful (which I'm not agreeing with just saying if that is the case) then the coach should not put them on man coverage against fast WRs.
  • Actually if the QB is completes 40 of 49 passes then that is mostly the coaches fault, that means he is not putting players in a position to stop it. He is not making adjustments.
Some of the players didn't do anything to help and I'm not saying they are blameless but this loss is on the coaches as much, if not more than, the players.

If the pass rushers did their job then they wouldve been gettin to the qb.. having a blocker in front of you isnt a excuse.. do people only get to the quarter back by going unblocked?.. as for the 40 of 49.. 4 of those incompletions were for holding or pi calls.. i dont care what type of plays the coordinator is calling, theres no excuse for zero passes defensed and a 81% completion rating

If the pass rushers did their job then they wouldve been gettin to the qb.. having a blocker in front of you isnt a excuse.. do people only get to the quarter back by going unblocked?.. as for the 40 of 49.. 4 of those incompletions were for holding or pi calls.. i dont care what type of plays the coordinator is calling, theres no excuse for zero passes defensed and a 81% completion rating

Disregarding the rest of this poor post, stats are not recorded when defensive holding or DPI penalties are accepted. Same goes for most penalties that aren't a tack on.

Like I said the players certainly didn't play well but to act like the play calls and game plan had nothing to do with it shows a lack of understanding about football.  

I told my wife during the game, especially after Davis went out that the Colts should go to a 4-3, zone blitz type adjustment.  Have Werner at RJF as the DE and a rotation of Kerr, Chapman and Hughes at the DT spots.  Then in the back 7 goes with two LBers and 3 CBs.  This would have allowed them to disguise the blitz a bit more and pick and choose some spots to attack the oline.  But instead they kept saying , "hey were are going to blitz up the middle this play, try to stop us."  And the Steelers kept stopping them.

Boy if I told my wife that she would look at me like I had two heads!