Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• When I seen Roster Moves as the title, you scared me. I thought maybe we were bringing back Charlie Whitehurst since the AR news. (joking)
    • Well 30 I doubt the Vikings called themselves or maybe they did…
    • Actually, I kind of disagree that it would have been a contender. Most contenders are tight up against the cap and adding a receiver who was going to get north of $30,000,000 would have been very difficult. Plus contenders 1st round picks tend be very low in the 1st round. For example if Buffalo was interested , you would probably want multiple 1st and those are like say at 25 (basically 2nd round talent). I just dont see it happening and thats not appealing to the Vikings. The Colts are appealing because their pick was at  say #15 and they may have had the cap room to fit him under. Thats why I don't believe a lot of what is out there. 1st you have to look at each teams cap and say "who can fit a receiver for $30,000,000.00 under our cap. I bet it would have been few teams. The rumor was that the Vikings tried to trade him to say the Chargers. If i was the Chargers why would i take that deal? At number 5, I could have taken Nabers for a lot less money and many were saying he was the best receiver. Sure, he could be bust out, but I would have taken the chance. I bet if the Vikings would have offered Jefferson to the Cardinals, they would say no. Why would I give up Harrison for a guy, who is proven i must say, but is wanting $35,000,000.00 a year? I will take my chance with Harrison. Ballard has said they tried to move in the draft.  Like I said, maybe the move was for Jefferson. I always had a hard time he was trying to move below. I think that would have taken so much draft capital for a position he does not have in high regard. Jefferson would have been a safer move as maybe you give up a lot less draft capital but a lot more money. Offer their #15  and a 2nd rounder. People will say  a #15 and a 2nd rounder for an all pro wr? I think the wr market is totally out of control. Ballard could offer that because he then says to the Vikings now I have to turn around and give  him $35,000,00.00 a year. The Chiefs moved Hill because of economics and they won 2 super bowls without him. You build around the qb and not a wr. I do think the wr market will some day crater like the rb market. I think a lot of these guys will come up for their 2nd contract and teams will  try to move them. That is why I was not big on moving up to say 4 or 6 to get one of the elite wr. You would have to spend tons of draft capital and then come four years later what are you paying Harrison and/or Nabors if they play out? Like $40,000,00? No thanks. I will continue to look for diamonds in the rough. Here is an example of positional value. Do i think the Cardinals would have traded for Jefferson and then the Vikings say take Harrison at #4? No  I do not. Now if say the Cardinals need a pass rusher and the best one was there are #4 and he was considered elite   and Cowboys said we will trade Parsons for your pick. Do I think Cardinals take that trade? I bet they do without hesitation even if Parsons was in line for a monster contract. That is just the way I see it and always will when it comes to certain positions.
    • Signing confirmed.  Colts just announced.
  • Members