Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Addai Is Gone

ace_6900

Dont rush it..

Joe A was not okay..

Time to put him on the shelf for the year...

We know what he can do when he's healthy

No we don't. His last some what healthy season was 3+years ago, and he wasn't a game breaker to begin with. As a 'Sign Addai' supporter, I have to admit I was wrong, and that its time to cut bait.

Donald Brown is finally doing what we drafted him to do take Addai's place, but we shoulda still taken Beanie Wells GGGRRRR. Anyway good luck Joseph wherever you do i hope you cash in like James did.

Brown was not drafted as a "replacement". He was supposed to be a complimentarty back to Addai. We were going to try the RB tandum approach. I think we have that with Addai and Carter

Donald Brown is our leading rusher..right?

Now that he has a FB in front of him. I just dont think he was worth a frist round or first round money. I say wrap him in a trade package with painter and see the CFL will send us some of that bacon!

Now that he has a FB in front of him. I just dont think he was worth a frist round or first round money. I say wrap him in a trade package with painter and see the CFL will send us some of that bacon!

Maybe he's just coming into his own.....Did he run well today..?

Caught a nice pass....17 yards...

Lets not trade young players who are playing well..

Donald Brown will NEVER be the complete back that Addai can be. He just can't pick up the block like Addai or Carter for that matter. Keep Addai and Carter. Send brown to the CFL.

What is a "complete back". I don want another Addia like player on this team right now. They get hurt to much. We need Carter to pound out the hard yards, I cant believe I am saying this, and Brown to have the majority of the snaps next year. Brown looks aot better then he did at the beginning of the year. Lets not forget he was a sophmore I believe when he decided to declare for the draft. So, I think he is finally getting it. He has been playing much better, and he can catch to ball out of the backfield also. He isnt going to be split out wide to catch a slant pass, but he still has decent hands. I am saying that we need to run the ball alot more next year.Addai isnt the guy for us. He cant take a full season of pounding. We need to be aliitle more like the Broncos in Elways last few years. Bulk up our running backs, pound the ball, control the clock, and when we need a big play we still have Peyton to make some magic happen.

And just to add to my last post. I remember Brown having some nice moments in his career. He made some nice plays here and there. I seem to even remember there being a movement to boot Addia and have Brown take over. For some reason, since Caldwell took over, Brown seemed to disappear. He has not been given a true chance to shine in this offense. For a player to get better he needs time on the field to make mistakes. He hasnt really been given that until now. IMHO. And, I was one of the "get rid of Brown guys" at the beginning of the season.

Brown is crap Addai we turned into crap and were all just craptastic right now

Brown is averaging 4.5 yards per carry. Why don't you tell me how that's crap? That would be tied for 15th in the league, and only 0.1 behind Adrian Peterson.

Also, how did the Colts "turn" Addai into crap? Did they injure him on purpose?

It's "we're," or, "we are," not "were."

Brown is averaging 4.5 yards per carry. Why don't you tell me how that's crap? That would be tied for 15th in the league, and only 0.1 behind Adrian Peterson.

Also, how did the Colts "turn" Addai into crap? Did they injure him on purpose?

It's "we're," or, "we are," not "were."

Brown is a one cut down hill runner however, always goes down at first contact. Tunnelvision with no power. Addai, reminds me of anyones neighbor jogging. Looks like he is killing himself getting no where. Like two crappy cell phones, they need upgrading.

Donald Brown will NEVER be the complete back that Addai can be. He just can't pick up the block like Addai or Carter for that matter. Keep Addai and Carter. Send brown to the CFL.

Brown has always had the talent at running the ball his problem is picking up the blitz which is finally showing some improvement.

Skkkkkkkkrrrrrttttttt stop right there. Donald brown is doing what we drafted him to do????? Please explain. Keep in mind the last 2 games have been against the some of the leagues worst run d

Today yes as for the last two games before that not so much, the Falcons are seoncd in the NFL against the run while the Jags are 14th. Not geat but respectable. He also had a 7.0 YPC againt the Bengals who are the third ranked rush defense in the league this year.

I have been against Brown most of the season but he's been our best back this year.

Joe always has just enough to get by. One or two a game at best. If Polian is true to his nature, he will not resighn addai. Hopefully, he goes against his better judgement and gets a better running back.

the only back in college i'd rather have is Trent Richardson and we will not go there we have more immediate holes for first round picks. I wish Lamichael James would fall to the 3rd round and take him though.

The oline needs to play better, the coaching needs upgraded.Do those 2 things and the backs we have become much better and Joe gets extended because he doesn't have to be a 6th olineman anymore, he can be a RB as well as donald can just focus on running and catching not blocking. Donalds issues are he just can't decide where to run with the ball or he can't accept trusting the hole will be where they say it will be. Can you blame him though with this oline?

How mny of you were calling for him to betraded just a few months ago and now are singing his praise. I just don't tink he can be the blocker that the team needs him to be. As for Addai's injuries, the stength and conditioning coaches on this team are garbage. How many players go down every year and return in the league? How many of our players usually return. Dont turn on Addai. If he wasnt hurt and was churning out 4.5 yrds a run, then im sure the cry for Brown to be released would be backin full swing.

The best attribute Addai has is his blocking and ive said that plenty of times and he isnt even the best at it... just like he whaled on one block in the panthers game... Brown is the better runner by far and he's much quicker as well... addais running style does not fit well when it comes to running behind a FB.

How mny of you were calling for him to betraded just a few months ago and now are singing his praise. I just don't tink he can be the blocker that the team needs him to be. As for Addai's injuries, the stength and conditioning coaches on this team are garbage. How many players go down every year and return in the league? How many of our players usually return. Dont turn on Addai. If he wasnt hurt and was churning out 4.5 yrds a run, then im sure the cry for Brown to be released would be backin full swing.

Brown is cheaper and younger as long as he is getting better and shows promise then there is no doubt who needs to go. Sorry i like Addai but i want the colts to be their best and that is with a younger cheaper donald brown not the favorite

Brown is a one cut down hill runner however, always goes down at first contact. Tunnelvision with no power. Addai, reminds me of anyones neighbor jogging. Looks like he is killing himself getting no where. Like two crappy cell phones, they need upgrading.

Brown hasn't been going down on first contact this year, so that's an untrue statement.

Addai's age as an all-purpose back may be catching up to him, more than anything else. But your analysis is still bogus. He's pretty smooth once he reaches the second level, and snaps guys' ankles with some of his moves.

If releasing him would allow us to bring in a big named player then im all for it. Otherwise keep him and use an Addai, Brown, Carter backfield. But that being said i still believe Addai is a better compliment back then featured back. So if Brown and Carter continue to improve we will have a solid Rb core. However a better Oline will make them all look better.

lmao at the title... Donald had a good game today. Probably his 4th one since drafting him. If you saw what I saw they had the FB in blocking for DB, which they should of been doing with all our backs but the FB wasnt in on no carriers that Joe got [kind of confusing]. Smitto how is his running style not fit to run behind a fullback and he did it for 4 years? Explain please...

Donald Brown is by far the teams best runner. If we're running good that day you, have to keep him in the game. Joe Addai needs to be in the game on 2-7 or as the blocking back. Delone Carter still needs to improve but the skills are there. We great running back we just need Peyton back.

lmao at the title... Donald had a good game today. Probably his 4th one since drafting him. If you saw what I saw they had the FB in blocking for DB, which they should of been doing with all our backs but the FB wasnt in on no carriers that Joe got [kind of confusing]. Smitto how is his running style not fit to run behind a fullback and he did it for 4 years? Explain please...

Actually yea he was on some carries Addai was in and that one the gained no yds on it.. addai has played 5+ years with no FB not to mention he dances alot in the backfield, as for donald who is more of a straight line runner which is why ppl were complaining that he runs into the backs of his blockers too much *which is what he is suppose to do when there are no holes* not to mention brown is a better runner and a much quicker one at that... he's only gonna get better and more confident in his skills with the more carries he gets.

Actually yea he was on some carries Addai was in and that one the gained no yds on it.. addai has played 5+ years with no FB not to mention he dances alot in the backfield, as for donald who is more of a straight line runner which is why ppl were complaining that he runs into the backs of his blockers too much *which is what he is suppose to do when there are no holes* not to mention brown is a better runner and a much quicker one at that... he's only gonna get better and more confident in his skills with the more carries he gets.

He hasnt ran behind a fullback in this Offense because Colts dont use 1 but he ran behind one 4 straight years at LSU in the pro offense they ran, so how is he not fit to run behind one? Dances? lmao As soon as you get the handoff theres D-lineman in the backfield with em, what do you do? Its DB 3rd year, he has no choice but to get better or get cut like he was bout to this year.

you think running for just 80 yards on one of the worst run d great

:applause: Preach