Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Addai Is Gone

ace_6900

Brown is cheaper and younger as long as he is getting better and shows promise then there is no doubt who needs to go. Sorry i like Addai but i want the colts to be their best and that is with a younger cheaper donald brown not the favorite

We are at our best with JA because the guy is one of the best blocking RBs in the entire game. DB has been atrocious at it since he was drafted, but has shown a bit of improvement this year. I much rather have JA in there on passing down protecting Manning/Luck then DB given how much of a pass first offense we are. I rather give up a little in the running department and get much more in the pass blocking department given the direction the game has taken over the years.

If DB can come out and run as well as he did on Sunday against the Ravens then I really think we might have something here. I am just not going to get all excited about him beating up on the Panthers worthless defense. DB has shown much improvement in his ability to take contact. That was my biggest gripe about the guy. He was just to soft of a runner and he has done a better job.

The NFL is a two back system so there is no point in getting rid of JA. Use them both and keep them fresh. I know some will say we still have Carter, but until that guy learns how to hold onto the ball he does not need to see the field again unless there are injuries.

He hasnt ran behind a fullback in this Offense because Colts dont use 1 but he ran behind one 4 straight years at LSU in the pro offense they ran, so how is he not fit to run behind one? Dances? lmao As soon as you get the handoff theres D-lineman in the backfield with em, what do you do? Its DB 3rd year, he has no choice but to get better or get cut like he was bout to this year.

:applause: Preach

Addai was at best a 2nd round pick when he was in the draft.. the colts reached for him... yes he ran behind a FB at LSU but the way he runs a FB is almost useless for him... did you not see the 07 and 08 season? im guessing you werent on this board then, fans were screaming for addai to be gone because of the way he was running in the backfield... even when addai got into the open he would trip himself trying to dance the defender to sleep and i could remember the exact game that happened, it was in the chargers game in 08 i believe.. he did it twice.. signing addai was not a very good decision by the colts for the simple fact that he's 28 and he was never a great RB... crazy to think he got resigned and Edge didnt smh

Why does everyone keep acting like DB has rushed for over 100 YPG, he's had a fairly solid year in an off year for the Colts. Definitely NOT time to jump on the bandwagon yet because of a few DECENT games. Some people make him out to be Adrian Peterson or somebody else great. That being said I do question Addais durability along with many of you. I still think when he's healthy he's the man.

...Again? Except this time it's about letting Donald Brown start instead of Delone Carter over Joseph Addai.

Joseph. Addai. is. our. best. runningback. Just because Donald Brown is having a good couple of games doesn't mean that you get rid of the more expensive player who's injured. I've heard this to many times. You do realize that teams usually have at least 4 runningbacks, right? We had 5 last year! Joseph Addai, Donald Brown, and Delone Carter all make up a very solid runningback corps.

Running back ought to be the least of our worries. Good backs are easy enough to find. Not saying we should throw just anyone back there, but if our offensive line develops and we have consistent quarterback play, it won't really matter whether it's Addai, Brown or Carter in the backfield. All three are easily replaceable (which is sad since two of them are first round draft picks). None of them are anything special.

Addai was at best a 2nd round pick when he was in the draft.. the colts reached for him... yes he ran behind a FB at LSU but the way he runs a FB is almost useless for him... did you not see the 07 and 08 season? im guessing you werent on this board then, fans were screaming for addai to be gone because of the way he was running in the backfield... even when addai got into the open he would trip himself trying to dance the defender to sleep and i could remember the exact game that happened, it was in the chargers game in 08 i believe.. he did it twice.. signing addai was not a very good decision by the colts for the simple fact that he's 28 and he was never a great RB... crazy to think he got resigned and Edge didnt smh

2nd round? Lol and I assume you think DB got drafted in the right spot because he ran for 2,000 yards in The Big East right? Be foreal Smitto! In 2007 Joe ran for a 1,000 yards had 15 tds and went to the Pro Bowl, so what was the screaming about? He's not a great RB but he's a good 1. Donald is only average at best. A first round draft pick that has started aleast 10 games but only has ''one'' 100 yard game his whole 3 years.

WOW! Compare his stats for his first 3 years to Joe's first 3 years and DB makes Joe look GREAT! Give me a season where DB rushed for more then 600 yards.. #illwait! Everyone has their own opinions about the 2 players but the front office brought D. Rhodes in for a reason last year. So its just not my eyes or other fans eye that see DB hasnt done anything to celebrate about, the front office see's it to & thats why they were going to cut him before the regular season started. Yes he has made some nice runs this year but still havent lived up to being drafted in the 1st round, but on the other hand Joe has! Ill end my opinion with the greatest rapper in the world quote.. "Women Lie.. Men Lie.. NUMBERS Dont" Go check both players #'s!! :popcorn:

Why does everyone keep acting like DB has rushed for over 100 YPG, he's had a fairly solid year in an off year for the Colts. Definitely NOT time to jump on the bandwagon yet because of a few DECENT games. Some people make him out to be Adrian Peterson or somebody else great. That being said I do question Addais durability along with many of you. I still think when he's healthy he's the man.

Donald has played ok but nothing to cheer about. Being drafted in the 1st round, you are expected to be producing almost right away and he hasnt done that. As for Joe being healthy, no player can control hamstring injuries or really no injuries. But in the NFL the RB is going to take all the pounding & with him being a 6th O-Linemen doesnt help his durability. If we had a good O-line that could hold up their blocks, he could avoid some of that contact there or maybe hire a new strength coach kause he's not the only Colt getting injured!

2nd round? Lol and I assume you think DB got drafted in the right spot because he ran for 2,000 yards in The Big East right? Be foreal Smitto! In 2007 Joe ran for a 1,000 yards had 15 tds and went to the Pro Bowl, so what was the screaming about? He's not a great RB but he's a good 1. Donald is only average at best. A first round draft pick that has started aleast 10 games but only has ''one'' 100 yard game his whole 3 years.

WOW! Compare his stats for his first 3 years to Joe's first 3 years and DB makes Joe look GREAT! Give me a season where DB rushed for more then 600 yards.. #illwait! Everyone has their own opinions about the 2 players but the front office brought D. Rhodes in for a reason last year. So its just not my eyes or other fans eye that see DB hasnt done anything to celebrate about, the front office see's it to & thats why they were going to cut him before the regular season started. Yes he has made some nice runs this year but still havent lived up to being drafted in the 1st round, but on the other hand Joe has! Ill end my opinion with the greatest rapper in the world quote.. "Women Lie.. Men Lie.. NUMBERS Dont" Go check both players #'s!! :popcorn:

Donald has played ok but nothing to cheer about. Being drafted in the 1st round, you are expected to be producing almost right away and he hasnt done that. As for Joe being healthy, no player can control hamstring injuries or really no injuries. But in the NFL the RB is going to take all the pounding & with him being a 6th O-Linemen doesnt help his durability. If we had a good O-line that could hold up their blocks, he could avoid some of that contact there or maybe hire a new strength coach kause he's not the only Colt getting injured!

Im not gonna debate numbers.. all i know is donald brown is the better running back, durability wise and running the ball, i can guarantee you if donald brown was the starting running back for the colts right now they would have a thousand yd rusher... when was the last time the colts even had that, its pretty hard to judge a player when they arent getting any playing time just because he's not a really god pass blocker *which i think is ridiculous*.. right now he is the most consistent RB right now and he would have been much further on if the colts didnt put him as a 3rd stringer... now carter isnt even seeing the field smh

Im not gonna debate numbers.. all i know is donald brown is the better running back, durability wise and running the ball, i can guarantee you if donald brown was the starting running back for the colts right now they would have a thousand yd rusher... when was the last time the colts even had that, its pretty hard to judge a player when they arent getting any playing time just because he's not a really god pass blocker *which i think is ridiculous*.. right now he is the most consistent RB right now and he would have been much further on if the colts didnt put him as a 3rd stringer... now carter isnt even seeing the field smh

If Joseph Addai was healthy, then they would have a thousand yard rusher as well... Your point doesn't further your argument.

If Joseph Addai was healthy, then they would have a thousand yard rusher as well... Your point doesn't further your argument.

I highly doubt that, when was the last time addai had 1000 yds? it was in 06 and 07 and he barely got that.... as for donald brown he has the ability to get chunks of yards. Ive been saying this for a while now along with a few other ppl, if brown was on any other team with the exception of the vikings and titans and some others he would be starting and be right at the top when it comes to it.

I know you dont wanna talk numbers kause numbers dont lie. So there's even no debate are argument here. You can say this, you can say that but when you compare them numbers they speak volumes. Then you say if DB was the starter he would have a 1,000 yards.. You wish. He has ''ONE'' 100 yard game in his whole career, that wont help get em to 1,000. He aint never rushed for 500 in a season and you talkin about 1,000. lmao You better wake up out that dream. Of course his durability is good, he aint have 1 carry the first 4 games until JA got injured. If you aint seeing the field your durability should be good right? Answer this question for me tho.. DB has started aleast 10 games in his career right? Why does this great runner, best RB on the roster as you say, why does he only have one 100 rushing yard game? Answer that :bored:

He dont even have a argument. Everything he is saying is blah blah blah.. He dont wanna talk numbers but why not? Numbers dont lie, do they? This offense is really not even made for a 1,000 yard rusher. But him thinking DB is better then JA is laughable.

I like Addai, but isn't part of being a good back is staying healthy and be on the field every week?

Thats some what true, but being almost the 6th o-linemen on your team blocking big DEs and blitzing LBs your'e gonna take a pounding. Imagine if Donald was back there doing it full time. He would be injured or he would get the QB put on IR week 1.

I highly doubt that, when was the last time addai had 1000 yds? it was in 06 and 07 and he barely got that.... as for donald brown he has the ability to get chunks of yards. Ive been saying this for a while now along with a few other ppl, if brown was on any other team with the exception of the vikings and titans and some others he would be starting and be right at the top when it comes to it.

rotflmao What team? Please name them.. He couldnt beat out a 4th round rookie for the backup role so how he gon start anywhere? I only see 2 teams. Miami and Washington. He cant beat out any other RBs on the other teams for the starting position. Probably wouldnt beat Helu or Hightower in Washington. Addai barely got that 1,000 huh? His rookie year he didnt start not 1 game and still got a 1,000. You know DB highest total?? 497.. rotfl

I know you dont wanna talk numbers kause numbers dont lie. So there's even no debate are argument here. You can say this, you can say that but when you compare them numbers they speak volumes. Then you say if DB was the starter he would have a 1,000 yards.. You wish. He has ''ONE'' 100 yard game in his whole career, that wont help get em to 1,000. He aint never rushed for 500 in a season and you talkin about 1,000. lmao You better wake up out that dream. Of course his durability is good, he aint have 1 carry the first 4 games until JA got injured. If you aint seeing the field your durability should be good right? Answer this question for me tho.. DB has started aleast 10 games in his career right? Why does this great runner, best RB on the roster as you say, why does he only have one 100 rushing yard game? Answer that :bored:

He dont even have a argument. Everything he is saying is blah blah blah.. He dont wanna talk numbers but why not? Numbers dont lie, do they? This offense is really not even made for a 1,000 yard rusher. But him thinking DB is better then JA is laughable.

Thats some what true, but being almost the 6th o-linemen on your team blocking big DEs and blitzing LBs your'e gonna take a pounding. Imagine if Donald was back there doing it full time. He would be injured or he would get the QB put on IR week 1.

Its simple the colts never gave him enough carries for that to happen... when was the last time donald had 20 carries?.... NEVER... Tim will justify why Donald brown is the best RB the colts have... yea Carter jumped infront of donald but look at him now... he didnt even play in the panthers game, the colts know who the better RB is and its Donald... not to mention donald came on this team when the Oline's blocking seized to exist...

Lets just look at a few things when it comes to endurance and performance

J.Addai at LSU 490 atts for 2,577yds just 18tds

D.Brown at UCONN 698 atts for 3,800yds and 33tds!!!!

Now tell me, which RB shows to be a 1st round pick, much more promise and better durability? id go with DB

Like i said before Donald is the better rb, i gurantee you by the end of this year if addai is not gone he will be 2nd string

Do you know the difference between these two schools? And for the record, if Addai had been given 698 carries, he'd be around the 3,670yd mark based on avg. Add in the TD% and Addai is at about ,3700yds 26TDs.

Do you know the difference between these two schools? And for the record, if Addai had been given 698 carries, he'd be around the 3,670yd mark based on avg. Add in the TD% and Addai is at about ,3700yds 26TDs.

It dont matter what school it is mate, just like it doesnt matter what division you play in the NFL winning is winning and.... the point is addai was never the durable type RB

It dont matter what school it is mate, just like it doesnt matter what division you play in the NFL winning is winning and.... the point is addai was never the durable type RB

It matters very much what school it was 'mate'. I know your across the pond, but college football is a whole different ball of wax my friend.

Addai? Brown? Carter? It's all irrelevant.

An RB is only as good as the O-line in front of him. Addai ran for over 1000 yards in his first 2 years, he averaged 4.8 yds/carry his rookie year.

What has happened since? Did he suddenly forget how to carry the rock or did Glenn/Scott/ Lilja get replaced by scrubs?

You've got to be kidding me...

Joseph Addai would have a 1000 yard season last year if he would have stayed healthy behind a very horrible run blocking O-line. Donald Brown wouldn't have even gotten close with his low 3 yards per carry. I'm talking about before they were able to run the ball in the last 4 games of the season. Addai was the only runningback that we had that could do anything on the ground. If you doubt that a healthy Addai would get at least a 1000 yards behind our current O-line then you are in denial. I don't get why you hate on Addai so much. I'm guessing you dislike LSU a lot.

Its simple the colts never gave him enough carries for that to happen... when was the last time donald had 20 carries?.... NEVER... Tim will justify why Donald brown is the best RB the colts have... yea Carter jumped infront of donald but look at him now... he didnt even play in the panthers game, the colts know who the better RB is and its Donald... noJ.Addt to mention donald came on this team when the Oline's blocking seized to exist...

Joseph Addai at LSU 490 atts for 2,577yds just 18tds

Now tell me, which RB shows to be a 1st round pick, much more promise and better durability? id go with DB

Like i said before Donald is the better rb, i gurantee you by the end of this year if addai is not gone he will be 2nd string

I don't understand some of your arguments.

You said that Donald Brown came on this team when the O-line blocking seized to exist? How hypocritical can you get? By you logic, Joseph Addai was the starting runningback when our O-line blocking "seized to exist." Talk about a double standard when comparing runningbacks. Addai ran for a higher yards per carry behind those O-lines.

Based on their college numbers, Joseph Addai ran for 5.26 yards per carry in the SEC where the defenses are usually very good.

Donald Brown ran for 5.44 yards per carry where the defenses are usually not very good.

Tell me why Brown's numbers are so much better when he runs against easier competition? By your logic once again, we should just take the best Division 1,2, or 3 runningback by who gains the most yards and touchdowns.

It matters very much what school it was 'mate'. I know your across the pond, but college football is a whole different ball of wax my friend.

If its based on the quality of teams you play then obviously if you are in that conference you deserve to be there as well... Your trying to say Brown got those yds he got because he played less tougher teams.. in that case its only fair to say his team was not that great either hence its an even field id say. Same thing with Addai

You've got to be kidding me...

Joseph Addai would have a 1000 yard season last year if he would have stayed healthy behind a very horrible run blocking O-line. Donald Brown wouldn't have even gotten close with his low 3 yards per carry. I'm talking about before they were able to run the ball in the last 4 games of the season. Addai was the only runningback that we had that could do anything on the ground. If you doubt that a healthy Addai would get at least a 1000 yards behind our current O-line then you are in denial. I don't get why you hate on Addai so much. I'm guessing you dislike LSU a lot.

Donald was averageing 3.9 yds a carry, there is no if in football now is there... I dont hate addai, why would i hate any colts player, i just prefer one over the other.

Its simple the colts never gave him enough carries for that to happen... when was the last time donald had 20 carries?.... NEVER... Tim will justify why Donald brown is the best RB the colts have... yea Carter jumped infront of donald but look at him now... he didnt even play in the panthers game, the colts know who the better RB is and its Donald... not to mention donald came on this team when the Oline's blocking seized to exist...

haha... You give me they college numbers but still avoid their pro numbers and DB ''ONE'' 100 yard game in his career! You cant know too much about football. You do know Donald was the only RB getting carriers at UConn. Joe had to share carriers with not 1 but 2 other RBs (Vincent & Broussard). You know the SEC is Big Boy Land & The Big East is like playing a division 2 school every week. No Big East team could come to the SEC and win 3 games but I bet Ole Miss or Tennessee could come to the Big East and win it! Im done with it tho. Numbers DONT LIE!!

JA First 3 season stats...

2006: 1,081 rushing yards 7td, 40rec for 325 yards 1td (didnt start 1 game)

2007: 1,072 rushing yards 12td, 41rec for 364 yards 3td (Pro Bowl)

2008: 544 rushing yards 5td, 25rec for 206 yards 2td (missed 4 games)

DB First 3 season stats...

2009: 281 rushing yards 3td, 11rec for 169 yards 0td

2010: 497 rushing yards 2td, 20rec for 205 yards 0td

2011: 356 rushing yards 3td, 9rec for 47 yards 0td

You do the math.. 2008 season where JA missed 4 games, stats are still better then any of DB stats!!!

Trav CLEARLY he doesnt!! You cant even compare the SEC with The Big East! Smitto is lost in never never land.

You said that Donald Brown came on this team when the O-line blocking seized to exist? How hypocritical can you get? By you logic, Joseph Addai was the starting runningback when our O-line blocking "seized to exist." Talk about a double standard when comparing runningbacks. Addai ran for a higher yards per carry behind those O-lines.

Based on their college numbers, Joseph Addai ran for 5.26 yards per carry in the SEC where the defenses are usually very good.

Donald Brown ran for 5.44 yards per carry where the defenses are usually not very good.

Tell me why Brown's numbers are so much better when he runs against easier competition? By your logic once again, we should just take the best Division 1,2, or 3 runningback by who gains the most yards and touchdowns.

BOOM!!! There you have it.. Thanks You Ramblin!

You cant just count on numbers when it comes to chances of runnin the ball... that same hole addai got isnt gonna be the same hole brown is gonna get, the point is brown is the better running back.

Your right addai did play against better defenses... on a better team... just like brown played against porus defenses on a less stellar team... it goes both ways.. brown didnt have the best QB giving the defense a better chance to focus on him and he still had a better career.

You cant just count on numbers when it comes to chances of runnin the ball... that same hole addai got isnt gonna be the same hole brown is gonna get, the point is brown is the better running back.

Your right addai did play against better defenses... on a better team... just like brown played against porus defenses on a less stellar team... it goes both ways.. brown didnt have the best QB giving the defense a better chance to focus on him and he still had a better career.

There you go again.

You say that Brown didn't have the best quarterback? Well that quarterback threw against Big East defenses. That LSU quarterback who is better according to you threw against SEC defenses by your logic. Stay consistent please if you want to use that as your argument.

After the past few games, I'm comfortable with letting Brown play out his contract. But unless he shows he can be a dominant back, there is no reason to re-sign him once his contract is up. Just build up the offensive line and draft someone to replace him. With competent blocking, pretty much any NFL caliber back will produce well.

Addai can't seem to stay healthy. He's the better runner when healthy, but that's irrelevant if he can't stay out of the training room.

It's to bad too. I really like him.

There you go again.

You say that Brown didn't have the best quarterback? Well that quarterback threw against Big East defenses. That LSU quarterback who is better according to you threw against SEC defenses by your logic. Stay consistent please if you want to use that as your argument.

Mate what in the world are you talking about? look if you dont get what im saying its best if you dont say anything at all.... my point was if the QB for Uconn isnt that good of a QB that would give the defense one less person to worry about HENCE making it harder for Brown to accomplish much... you get it? Go ahead sitck that to addai as well if you want....

But maybe you didnt notice but LSU had Jamarcus and Matt Flynn at that time.... soooooo guess who has the better QB hence making it easier to run the ball.

Point is addai had the better all around team so had it a bit easier when it comes to running the ball for the simple fact that they had so many weapons unlike brown

Sorry, can't help but laugh how things have changed. Up until a month or so ago, all the talk was that Donald Brown should be cut. It is amazing how blocking up front can help a running back so much. I think Addai, Brown, and Carter are all solid RBs. Just the run blocking has been so poor over the last few years that Colt RBs were being hit at the line or in the backfield.

I think each of the RBs we have brings something different to the team. Ironically, Brown seems to be more decisive now then Addai, who does a lot more hopping around in the holes.

Mate what in the world are you talking about? look if you dont get what im saying its best if you dont say anything at all.... my point was if the QB for Uconn isnt that good of a QB that would give the defense one less person to worry about HENCE making it harder for Brown to accomplish much... you get it? Go ahead sitck that to addai as well if you want....

But maybe you didnt notice but LSU had Jamarcus and Matt Flynn at that time.... soooooo guess who has the better QB hence making it easier to run the ball.

Point is addai had the better all around team so had it a bit easier when it comes to running the ball for the simple fact that they had so many weapons unlike brown

You trying to give DB every excuse in the book huh? Matt Flynn was average at LSU and Jamarcus Russell was good so you can take that out as far as saying they took the focus off of other players. It doesnt matter who under center on teams in the SEC. Every weekend your'e gonna have a challenge on your hands unlike the cupcake league they call The Big East. Anybody can run for 2,000 yards over there so it aint a surprise DB did that. I bet he couldnt have been in the SEC and ran for those 2,000. Reggie Bush could get 2,000 in The Big East. You cant compare SEC to The Big East. SORRY MATE

It is a huge difference! LSU plays against a half dozen future NFL players every week, often even more than that. Connecticut may see a couple a month.

It is a huge difference! LSU plays against a half dozen future NFL players every week, often even more than that. Connecticut may see a couple a month.

what he is saying is yes addai played against better defenses but he also had better o-line and skill players. As for myself i havfe always liked JD who wouldn't he has performed well since edge left, but i beleive DB is a better runner and like i said earlier he is younger and cheaper than JD that fact right there is why i would take DB over JA at this point. But, i will give you that i think a younger Ja was a more complete back receiving, rushing, and blocking combined made him a top flight NFL running back but he was not stellar in any one category. I think DB can be really stellar RUNNING the ball but he wil always be weaker in the other categories and once Peyton comes back and teams really have to fear the play action pass again we will be great again.

what he is saying is yes addai played against better defenses but he also had better o-line and skill players. As for myself i havfe always liked JD who wouldn't he has performed well since edge left, but i beleive DB is a better runner and like i said earlier he is younger and cheaper than JD that fact right there is why i would take DB over JA at this point. But, i will give you that i think a younger Ja was a more complete back receiving, rushing, and blocking combined made him a top flight NFL running back but he was not stellar in any one category. I think DB can be really stellar RUNNING the ball but he wil always be weaker in the other categories and once Peyton comes back and teams really have to fear the play action pass again we will be great again.

Joseph Addai is only 28 so that's not very old.

You trying to give DB every excuse in the book huh? Matt Flynn was average at LSU and Jamarcus Russell was good so you can take that out as far as saying they took the focus off of other players. It doesnt matter who under center on teams in the SEC. Every weekend your'e gonna have a challenge on your hands unlike the cupcake league they call The Big East. Anybody can run for 2,000 yards over there so it aint a surprise DB did that. I bet he couldnt have been in the SEC and ran for those 2,000. Reggie Bush could get 2,000 in The Big East. You cant compare SEC to The Big East. SORRY MATE

Im not giving any excuses... and why should i give any... its common sense that if you dont have a great QB and your the play maker your the one theyre gonna pay attention to..... this is practically pointless cause your name speaks volumes.

No, above 30 is considered getting up there. 28 is not old by any means.

30 is considered the magical age where RB's lose it.. 28 is my estimation where teams start to doubt if they still have much left in the tank... one reporter said "he still has juice in those legs" refferring to donald brown as though he's old or something.

http://www.thegrio.com/sports/why-nfl-running-backs-are-routinely-disrespected.php

"Even in their prime, the often electric players out of the backfield get the short end of the stick when it comes to guaranteed money and job security."