Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Vonte Davis Great write up

CS Coltsfan

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody still complaining we paid him too much?  If anything he is underpaid!  He deserved every penny...

He has played fantastic so far but I think its far to early to say he deserved every penny 5 games in but I do get what your saying

In my opinion, yes. Based on his attributes.

Yeah, I agree. If I had to choose between the two, I'd choose AJ, but Antonio Brown is one of the very best receivers in the league, and Vontae had trouble with smaller, quicker receivers last season. He shut down Demaryius Thomas, but got smoked by Tavon Austin. Even in the Bengals game, I think Andrew Hawkins might do more damage than AJ Green. Plus, AJ is nursing an injury.

Yeah, I agree. If I had to choose between the two, I'd choose AJ, but Antonio Brown is one of the very best receivers in the league, and Vontae had trouble with smaller, quicker receivers last season. He shut down Demaryius Thomas, but got smoked by Tavon Austin. Even in the Bengals game, I think Andrew Hawkins might do more damage than AJ Green. Plus, AJ is nursing an injury.

He was lined up with Emmanuel Sanders in the Denver game and I believe Peyton only targeted him once.

Sorry guy.....

That comment is false.

You're really taking it this serious over my quote about Vontae having 2 targets instead of 1? My statement was never a "matter of fact" to begin with, because I included "I believe", as all I could recall was one target with Vontae covering Sanders. Quit being a pecker gnat and let it go....

No. I'm just asking how a receiver can have six catches but only be targeted one time. It just doesn't add up to me, but then math was never my strong point.

Now it seems that you are changing your tune a bit here. At least when I make a statement, I stand behind it. I don't waver and try to mince words or alter what I said.

No. I'm just asking how a receiver can have six catches but only be targeted one time. It just doesn't add up to me, but then math was never my strong point.

Now it seems that you are changing your tune a bit here. At least when I make a statement, I stand behind it. I don't waver and try to mince words or alter what I said.

Neither did I.. and from the first part of your post you couldn't comprehend that Vontae was the focus of my original post. I could careless the total catches Sanders had. I specifically stated that Vontae had one target while covering Sanders, "I believe". I was then corrected later that he in fact had two targets while going against Sanders. Superman told you what you obviously couldn't comprehend, and now I'm repeating what he already stated. If there is some sort of reading disability on your part I apologize, but this is getting ridiculous.

The stupidity is hilarious.

Didn't Sanders have six catches in that game?

OK, so then this comment is false....... 

So then, the comment claiming he was lined up on Sanders and he was targeted only once was false?

So, was the comment false? 

But can you admit that the comment was false?

Then you have no credibility.  Period.

Sorry guy.....

That comment is false. 

How can a receiver have six catches by being targeted only one time?

Ha, you're funny.  If you had watched the game you would know.  Offenses move receivers around.  Denver moved DT from the left side to the right side after the first couple three drives because he was not getting open against Davis.  So of the times when Davis was on Sanders, he was targeted twice and got one reception for 5 yards according to the people in this thread.

I do find it funny, you want to jump on people for being "incorrect" or "wrong" about Sander's targets against Vontae but yet you totally ignore when someone asks you to provide examples of how Davis has underachieved this year.  So I will do to you what you seem to be doing.  Provide examples or admit you're wrong.

People are still responding to this guy?? Really???

It's painful obvious he's like 17 and has no clue what he's talking about.

So obvious that he doesn't bother to present any evidence to support himself, or even attempt to refute evidence presented to him. All he's got is "No one who isn't a Colts fan thinks Davis is good so there."

Let it die. At no point will this individual go:

"Golly gee you all were right I now see the error of my ways!"

There's way better discussions to be had, I promise lol.