Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Deion Sanders: 49ers players want Jim Harbaugh out... could this be true?

Dr. Guildo

Werent the Niners trying to trade Harbaugh this past off season???

Where theres smoke...

Dilfer said something on on MNF post game show. I think Jim could be getting a little heat from his players but forcing him out would be a bad move on their part at this point in the season. They just beat the Eagles too.

Dilfer said something on on MNF post game show. I think Jim could be getting a little heat from his players but forcing him out would be a bad move on their part at this point in the season. They just beat the Eagles too.

Oh im not saying its a good thing or a bad thing just saying there may be something to these rumbings...

Dilfer just clarified that he does not have any un-named sources he didn't say he agreed with Deion, but just making game day obervations.

I live here in the Bay and have heard lots of players defend Jim, including Bethea ;)

Niners would be dumb to part ways with Jim.  They sure forgot how awful they were all of those years with Nolan and Singletary...

It's all Kapernicks fault. One year wonder, and cost Alex Smith his job.

And Jim's fault for starting Kap over Alex. Alex is the better fit for their offense. Always was

I have have been critical of Jim over the years for the way he has handled the Aldon Smith ordeals & when that young man should have been in rehab Jim was quick to say he would play which was good for the team but not him. Jim is a good coach but sometime he makes some shall we say bad moves when it comes to such issues. Kaepernick is not that bad of a player. 

How about Deion focus on commenting about his pretty boy Brady's performance today.

And what is Skip Bayless going to say tomorrow?.

From these ashes, NE will rise like the Phoenix to play in the Super Bowl in Phoenix. OK, I'm reaching. But still not writing off 2-2 NE.

— Skip Bayless (@RealSkipBayless)

September 30, 2014

I just dozed off listening to Belichick's press conference.

September 30, 2014

Maybe with a little more rest he wont be so grumpy.

From these ashes, NE will rise like the Phoenix to play in the Super Bowl in Phoenix. OK, I'm reaching. But still not writing off 2-2 NE.

September 30, 2014

I just dozed off listening to Belichick's press conference.

September 30, 2014

Maybe with a little more rest he wont be so grumpy.

Skip admitting he is reaching?! Is he drunk?

Cowherd brought up the Niners situation today also, think he mentioned that Harbaugh was strict about weird things, the example Colin gave was something like he won't let players play cards on flights or something like that? I just caught the tail end of it, but sounded sorta funny...

Jim sounds like he is pretty tough on players except for when players get arrested then it is what is best for business. According to Ian Rapoport in the below article "Some of the complaints include the fact that he kind of treats them like children. In fact, on planes, I'm told, they're not allowed to play music, they're not allowed to play cards. Small things, but these are the things that really can rankle players, even though the veterans do get to sit in first class." http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000401569/article/49ers-veterans-still-grumbling-about-jim-harbaugh

Werent the Niners trying to trade Harbaugh this past off season???

Where theres smoke...

When you are starting to see multiple reports of several different groups having an issue with Harbaugh, I would have to agree.  There is a good chance there is something to this.  

And I'll be honest from what I can see of him on TV, I can see how his personality might be pretty off putting.  

In some ways I think he likes winning too much if that's possible in the NFL.  

I still say his treatment of Andrew Luck after we beat San Fran was extremely poor.  Honestly for the years they spent together at Stanford the way both of them approached the other seemed extremely distant.  Almost like neither one really cared much for the other.  Peyton Manning seemed pretty cool with Luck (the kid who took his job and forced him out of Indy) in the times they have met.  Jim Harbaugh see's the QB who helped make him more then "John's little brother that coaches at Stanford" and he shows zero affection.  

Not to mention Richard Sherman who played under him.  Has Jim Harbaugh shown him any affection in all the games they have played in?  

This is interesting

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/22611292/richard-sherman-on-jim-harbaugh-i-dont-deal-with-him

- Richard Sherman doesn't have any relationship with his old college coach.  He's said that he still talks to Luck and he's buddies with D Thomas.  (Sherman isn't a bad guy, he's verbose and talks trash but he's not a bad guy).  But he doesn't talk to Harbaugh at all.  

http://www.si.com/nfl/audibles/2014/01/18/doug-baldwin-richard-sherman-jim-harbaugh-pete-carroll

Both Sherman and Doug Baldwin don't have terribly kind words about Harbaugh

I sort of get the sense that Harbaugh see's his players as tools to win with and not so much as people.  I can certainly see how there could be some rumblings.

Jim sounds like he is pretty tough on players except for when players get arrested then it is what is best for business. According to Ian Rapoport in the below article "Some of the complaints include the fact that he kind of treats them like children. In fact, on planes, I'm told, they're not allowed to play music, they're not allowed to play cards. Small things, but these are the things that really can rankle players, even though the veterans do get to sit in first class." http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000401569/article/49ers-veterans-still-grumbling-about-jim-harbaugh

Im guessing he means they can't play music out loud on blutooth speakers, which I would agree with. Since the players walk on and off the plane with headphones. And the cards is probably a gambling thing.

Why would they want to get rid of him? Just cause they don't like his techniques? They win tho.

Im guessing he means they can't play music out loud on blutooth speakers, which I would agree with. Since the players walk on and off the plane with headphones. And the cards is probably a gambling thing.

It seems like a couple of small reasons to be mad at the coach for but I think this is only the beginning of things to come out about Harbaugh. I'm kind of shocked about that but no one seems to have anything good to say about him. As far as the gambling thing goes I agree with him not letting it happen on team time. It is a slippery slope & if players will bet on cards who knows what else they will do. They can wait until they get home for that. 

Why would they want to get rid of him? Just cause they don't like his techniques? They win tho.

Unfortunately (if you believe the story) those people who are disgruntled will probably win out in the end & when the next guy shows no willingness to discipline them the problems with that team will become apparent. They have shown so much promise in years past too.

It seems like a couple of small reasons to be mad at the coach for but I think this is only the beginning of things to come out about Harbaugh. I'm kind of shocked about that but no one seems to have anything good to say about him. As far as the gambling thing goes I agree with him not letting it happen on team time. It is a slippery slope & if players will bet on cards who knows what else they will do. They can wait until they get home for that.

Unfortunately (if you believe the story) those people who are disgruntled will probably win out in the end & when the next guy shows no willingness to discipline them the problems with that team will become apparent. They have shown so much promise in years past too.

Ya cause those guys are already getting in trouble. Hate to see how they turn out with a weaker church.

It was noted this morning on ESPN by guys like Mike Golic and Cris Carter that there are guys on ALL 32 TEAMS who don't like either their head coach, or their position coach, or maybe the GM.

And if you're a member of the media and happen to catch them at the right time, they'll be willing to say some provocative comments, but OFF THE RECORD.

In other words,  it shouldn't be a surprise that there are players who don't like Jim Harbaugh.

There are likely players on Seattle who don't like Pete Carroll.

And there are likely players who were on New England's Super Bowl teams who didn't like Bill Belicheck.

And there are likely guys on the current Indianapolis Colts who don't like Chuck Pagano.

You can't get that many people concentrated in one place and all very competitive and make everyone happy.

Someone is going to be * off...    maybe several someones.....    hey, it just happens.

As the policemen like to say......    "Nothing to see here....   move along, folks....   move along..."

Just sayin.....

I hope ^ is true. Jim Harbaugh was a good quarterback who was fun to watch and tough as football sized nails. He was just overshadowed by Favre and Young and didn't get a few breaks. Those are usually the type of guys who become HoF coaches which is why I don't buy this stuff either.

It was noted this morning on ESPN by guys like Mike Golic and Cris Carter that there are guys on ALL 32 TEAMS who don't like either their head coach, or their position coach, or maybe the GM.

And if you're a member of the media and happen to catch them at the right time, they'll be willing to say some provocative comments, but OFF THE RECORD.

In other words,  it shouldn't be a surprise that there are players who don't like Jim Harbaugh.

There are likely players on Seattle who don't like Pete Carroll.

And there are likely players who were on New England's Super Bowl teams who didn't like Bill Belicheck.

And there are likely guys on the current Indianapolis Colts who don't like Chuck Pagano.

You can't get that many people concentrated in one place and all very competitive and make everyone happy.

Someone is going to be * off...    maybe several someones.....    hey, it just happens.

As the policemen like to say......    "Nothing to see here....   move along, folks....   move along..."

Just sayin.....

There are a lot of people who hate Pete with myself included. The guy is flat out lying when telling people he never would have gone pro if he knew there would be sanctions against USC. I believe that he knew they were coming & that is why he ran. I'm also not surprised he & Jim Harbaugh have issue because they are both a lot alike in the sense that they will use whatever means to win football games even looking the other way when players have issues. 

Crabtree says its not true and Harbaugh denies it. Still, this story had to generate from something. It might be exaggerated, and it may not. It is true that there were trade talks between the Browns and SF for Harbaugh. When has that ever happened before? A couple of players who left SF have spoken quite disrespectfully about Harbaugh.

His coaching style may be better suited for college where a player moves on about the same time as he grows tired of Harbaugh's antics. Some players may not want to sign a long term contract if they know they have to put up with his nonsense that entire time.

I'd be willing to bet that Harbaugh won't be in SF after this season.