Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Vontae Davis - Best Corner in the NFL

BlueShoe

LOL

Again, name the 32 starters that are better than he is.

Seriously, just ignore this hack of a football fan.  He's atroll, and shoudl be banned on those grounds alone.  But if we're not, just ignore his insecure pathetic butt.  He makes seahawks fans look like trash.

*Exception* respond to tell him you're ignoring his pathetic butt. 

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, just ignore this hack of a football fan.  He's atroll, and shoudl be banned on those grounds alone.  But if we're not, just ignore his insecure pathetic butt.  He makes seahawks fans look like trash.

*Exception* respond to tell him you're ignoring his pathetic butt. 

I'm fully expecting him to post a meaningful response, naming at least 32 corners that are better than Davis is. It's just taking some time. That's understandable.

:)

I think he's a top 3 CB because he's so great in press man coverage, but his zone coverage and not following the best WR on every play prevents him from being #1. Here's my rankings.

1. Patrick Peterson

2. Richard Sherman

3. Vontae Davis 

4. Joe Haden

5 Darrelle Revis

Top 3 is still great, one of the best CB's the Colts have ever had.

Yeah the move to bring in Davis was a great move by Grigson. 

Vontae Davis?  The best CB in the NFL?  Really?  Good Gawd.  You folks lose any credibility you ever had with comments like that.  Why not next say that Andrew Luck is the greatest NFL QB of all time? 

Ok explain to me how any corner this season has played better than Davis, and give me some analysis as to why, I am interested to hear, because honestly I don't think you have a clue. 

Vontae Davis?  The best CB in the NFL?  Really?  Good Gawd.  You folks lose any credibility you ever had with comments like that.  Why not next say that Andrew Luck is the greatest NFL QB of all time? 

And yet you dodge every other question. You don't even have to name 32 better (lol)

Name TEN better than him. He's arguably top five, and arguably has preformed the best out of everyone this year.

I'm expecting another sarcastic response with no facts or information in it, so have fun.

Really? One person in this thread has said he's the best, hands down. Most everyone else has disagreed.

But how much credibility do you lose when you say he's not even in the top half of starters? Fifty percent? Sixty?

And if we're gonna talk about it, let's talk about it. Who has been better than Davis through four weeks this season?

Really? One person in this thread has said he's the best, hands down. Most everyone else has disagreed.

But how much credibility do you lose when you say he's not even in the top half of starters? Fifty percent? Sixty?

And if we're gonna talk about it, let's talk about it. Who has been better than Davis through four weeks this season?

Don't ask..just ban...waste of your time...

Well for the record, I agree that Vontae Davis has played the best of any corner SO FAR this season. 

"The" "dude" lol....one person said HE thinks Davis is playing as the best cb in the NFL right NOW. I think we can all agree he's top 5 if not 3 and can make a serious case for 1 "right now". He jus needs to show it over a longer period of time before we go as the best. Do yourself and take that Sherman crap somewhere else. No one in the blue and white is scared of his weak sauce.

Ousting a troll isn't a movement.  It's popping a zit that you need to get off your face.  Inconsequential, hardly worth the time, but might as well excise it so it doesn't make the rest of your face look bad.

You people sure can't deal with a little disagreement.  Even when you don't really disagree.

Where did I do that?  I have not taken any shots at colts fans.  Colts fans have taken shots at me for simply disagreeing with an unsupported claim.

LOL. You challenged the credibility of anyone who thinks Vontae Davis is better than average.

And you've declined to state any kind of analysis to support your position. 

The nerve!  The nerve of questioning the unsupported comments of a Colts fan.

Unsupported? No sir. Your comments are unsupported. Here's another chance for you to prove you're not trolling: 

There are several advanced metrics that support Davis' inclusion as a top three corner right now.

Among corners who have played at least 50% of their team's snaps:

Passer rating against: #1

Yards/coverage snap: #3

Coverage snaps/reception: #5

Completion percentage against: #3 (tied)

Yards/completion against: #16, at 8.9 yards/completion against (Revis is #43 at 12.9, Sherman is #44 at 13.2, Kyle Fuller is #62 at 16.5)

It's only been three games. Last season, Davis had issues from week to week, depending on his mood. So I'm not ready to crown him after only three games. But the early returns are nothing if not promising.

Those numbers are from before today's game, but Davis wasn't targeted, so I can't imagine his rankings getting any worse. 

Your turn. Help me understand why Davis is merely average, not even the best corner on his own team. Please, say something meaningful.

Unsupported? No sir. Your comments are unsupported. Here's another chance for you to prove you're not trolling: 

Those numbers are from before today's game, but Davis wasn't targeted, so I can't imagine his rankings getting any worse. 

Your turn. Help me understand why Davis is merely average, not even the best corner on his own team. Please, say something meaningful.

Don't hold your breath.  He argues like a child.

If you call going to seahawks facebook forums and copy/pasting, "research"...then yaeh I guess he's researching lol

Problem is, there's nothing you can copy and paste that will support a claim that Vontae Davis isn't one of the very best corners in the league this season.

Again, it's Week 4. Nothing is fully determined yet. But let's not ignore his play so far.

Problem is, there's nothing you can copy and paste that will support a claim that Vontae Davis isn't one of the very best corners in the league this season.

Again, it's Week 4. Nothing is fully determined yet. But let's not ignore his play so far.

The "logic" on facebook is astounding...so I could totally see crap like that on there.  Anyway, he's not worth the time arguing with.  I've blocked him and I am at the point where I feel dumber reading anythign he types.  So I'm not going to spend anymore time debating this kid's childish arguments or taking shots at it.  He has no place on these forums.  Even the Patriots guys argue with some modicum of intelligence and support (sometimes anyway) their arguments with facts.  thedude is on par with guys like 1yardcloudof dust.  Not really something to aspire to.

I simply challenged the unsupported statement by another. 

he has locked down the field, he wasn't even challenged today against the Titans because his man was never open, he is in the top 5 in catches allowed and yards allowed and may even lead the league in one of those statistics, he has shut down every man he has guarded this season, and obviously had a great INT vs Jacksonville earlier this season. There is the support for why he is easily in the discussion for top corner so far this season, now you provide solid reasoning as to why he isn't in the top half. I seriously doubt you can, you are nothing more than a troll. 

Unless Sherman or the Seahawks tell us what happened then we are left to our opinion.

I can see it either way, but I believe that Sherman made the mistake of playing zone, when he should have stayed in man. I say this because of how the safety reacts to Hilton's release into the open field. Earl Thomas did not expect for Sherman to turn Hilton loose. In my mind, Sherman was thinking zone while Thomas was thinking man. Broken coverage due to a mental mishap on at least one of the LOB. In the event that Sherman did play man, it is very likely Hilton would have beaten him anyway, because I do not believe Sherman can keep up with Hilton.

No matter how you slice it, Hilton and Luck BURNED the LOB.

gallery_3489_408_7614495.gif

If anyone has the chance to watch a ton of Seahawks games (I follow Thomas huge Longhorn fan) you will often see Sherman in a zone on Cover 3. The play you are referring to happens quite often with Sherman deciding to press or stay on top. In this instance Thomas was unable to cover the field because Luck outplayed him and Sherman didn't get his usual cushion. Now I agree with you that Sherman is overrated (but still a great corner), but in this instance I'd say it was more of Luck beating the coverage with his eyes and Sherman deciding to squat instead of cover over. While yes Sherman was "burned" (if you want to call it that) the main issue was the miscommunication and/or decision making of the DB group.