Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Seattle (-5) @ San Diego (9-14-14)

oldunclemark

4:05 EST - FOX Weather? (Seriously, its San Diego)

This is so interesting because for Seattle, it sits between the home opener with Green bay and the

Super Bowl rematch with Denver..

San Diego absolutely gave away a win 18-17 last Monday at Arizona and they have the running game to move it on the Hawks..

Percy Harvin is scary and he can make Cheerios out of the SD secondary but the Chargers have the pass rush to chase Russell Wilson around.

I'd take SD at home if you give me 5 points

San Diego starting center Nick Hardwick was placed on IR, big blow to them. We saw what that botched snap did for the Chargers towards the end of game 1, took them out of FG range.

It is going to be hard, with that backup center and you betcha, the Seahawks know it too. The Chargers' O-line, as a whole, does better run blocking than the Broncos' O-line, so if the Chargers opt to play clock control, they have a chance in this game. Marshawn Lynch probably does not go off in this game due to the stout Chargers' D-line. Harvin will be doubled every time and don't be shocked if it is only a 1 score game like 24-17 with the Seahawks winning.

San Diego starting center Nick Hardwick was placed on IR, big blow to them. We saw what that botched snap did for the Chargers towards the end of game 1, took them out of FG range.

It is going to be hard, with that backup center and you betcha, the Seahawks know it too. The Chargers' O-line, as a whole, does better run blocking than the Broncos' O-line, so if the Chargers opt to play clock control, they have a chance in this game. Marshawn Lynch probably does not go off in this game due to the stout Chargers' D-line. Harvin will be doubled every time and don't be shocked if it is only a 1 score game like 24-17 with the Seahawks winning.

You just described why I think SD can win

You just described why I think SD can win

LOL. Probably worst D-Line and worst defense in the league.

Who's their best player? Lawrence Guy?

Do they even have a Nose Tackle?

Jarrett Johnson and Melvin Ingram are nothing to write home about when it comes to sacks and pass rushing. They make Erik Walden look like Terrell Suggs.

Big loss with Hardwick, but not one we're unprepared for.  He's been year to year as to whether he would retire or not with his neck injuries and he was out almost the entire Bengals playoff game.  Ornberger played that game seamlessly and other than a few hitches in the AZ game, you couldn't tell Hardwick was out.  

The problem is he's valuable in other positions in the line and it affects our line depth.

We have to contain Russell's running and Marshawn Lynch.  I'm just glad we drew them at home and not in Seattle, that's worth 7 points.  I have no idea if we can pull it off, but our tendency is to win the big unexpected game and lose the one's that should be in our grasp so who knows?

Seattle is not nearly the same team on the road and San Diego...has a lot of good offensive skill players...Tell me you think San Diego cant run the ball on Seattle

You keep thinking that. Before the Super Bowl all I heard was that Seattle doesn't play well away from home and especially bad on the east coast. We saw how that turned out huh?

I think Seattle goes down there and puts a whipping on them that makes the Green Bay game look like a nail biter. Their defense feels like they played horribly against Green Bay.

Seattle is not nearly the same team on the road and San Diego...has a lot of good offensive skill players...Tell me you think San Diego cant run the ball on Seattle

The Seahawks were 6-2 on the road last year and if you want to count the Super Bowl are 10-3 away from home over their last 13 games. On top of that they haven't lost by more than seven points anywhere - home or road - in a league record 46 straight games.

A lot of teams wish they could be that bad on the road.

I thought that snap was Rivers' fault, not the center's.

I don't know what to expect from the Seahawks in this game. They've been great vs the last four teams they've played, all with good to great QBs. But all at home, or on a neutral field. There's no question they're a great team, but it's hard to imagine that they're unbeatable. And the Chargers like taking down hot teams, regardless of venue.

4:05 EST - FOX Weather? (Seriously, its San Diego)

This is so interesting because for Seattle, it sits between the home opener with Green bay and the

Super Bowl rematch with Denver..

San Diego absolutely gave away a win 18-17 last Monday at Arizona and they have the running game to move it on the Hawks..

Percy Harvin is scary and he can make Cheerios out of the SD secondary but the Chargers have the pass rush to chase Russell Wilson around.

I'd take SD at home if you give me 5 points

I'll give you 5

The Seahawks were 6-2 on the road last year and if you want to count the Super Bowl are 10-3 away from home over their last 13 games. On top of that they haven't lost by more than seven points anywhere - home or road - in a league record 46 straight games.

A lot of teams wish they could be that bad on the road.

You don't count the Super Bowl as a true road game.

Seattle may have been 6-2 but they were nowhere near as dominant on the road..as I know you know..

Sab Diego should have won Monday night..and its a big game or they drop 2 down to Denver

Seattle isn't going to put a whooping (bad choice of words incidentally) on them...and I'd take SD with 5 points

Seattle may have been 6-2 but they were nowhere near as dominant on the road..as I know you know..

Sab Diego should have won Monday night..and its a big game or they drop 2 down to Denver

Seattle isn't going to put a whooping (bad choice of words incidentally) on them...and I'd take SD with 5 points

I think the Chargers might win out but they at least get the cover I know the 6-2 on the road was not ATS was it?. Seattle played on Thursday they have had a long time to sit around and hear how good they are.

I will roll with the teams that brought the parlay home week 1 Cinny Detroit and Indy. Toss on NE to make it a 4 teamer this week.  Tom Brady isn't a 3rd string QB the Vikings come back to earth. Last time NE lost the season opener they went to the Super Bowl. Future betters.

Super Bowl losers are now like 2-14 ATS week 1 the next year leaving that back door open.

If anything it was a home game because the usual corporate Super Bowl "fans" were afraid of the cold and sold their tickets.  Seattle fans picked up a lot of them which is why the crowd was so much louder than expected when Denver was on offense.

Chargers defense and D-Line are so bad now, I'm almost willing to say that we can trade (and fleece) Zach Kerr to them for a 2nd rounder.

Their BEST OLB last year had fewer sacks than Erik Walden.

This ain't the Chargers from the Jamal Williams, Shawne Merriman, and Shaun Phillips days.

Chargers defense and D-Line are so bad now, I'm almost willing to say that we can trade (and fleece) Zach Kerr to them for a 2nd rounder.

Their BEST OLB last year had fewer sacks than Erik Walden.

This ain't the Chargers from the Jamal Williams, Shawne Merriman, and Shaun Phillips days.

But is it the team that made the playoffs last season? Or did that happen?

Just remember you said that, dude..

I don't need to.  It's posted right here.

The Chargers will not be able to establish any kind of running game.  They won't be able to exploit any weaknesses in the Seahawks secondary due to injury.  On offense they won't be able to stop the run and they will fail to put any sustained pressure on Wilson. 

Seahawks will win by double digits.  Easily.  35 to  13.  SD scores a TD late in garbage time.