Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

im proud of our colts (Colts @ Broncos)

CR91

just leaving the game now, was very proud of our effort. We squandered away some opportunities to score, but we were in it til the end. The offense looked great and moved well on the Broncos. Trent Richardson looked better on the opportunities he was given and Bradshaw was a complete boss. Luck threw a couple int's, but I'd rather have him do that then be afraid. A great effort by the team and at least we sacked Manning once! We should do well against the Eagles in week 2.

guys/gals, lets be honest we played okay in the 4th. the rest of the game was a train wreck. we have a lot of work to do, hope they hit it hard this week and improve a lot.

defense played a great third quarter. Granted offense sputtered in the third but the defense was great in the second half outside of one drive on a short field.

defense played a great third quarter. Granted offense sputtered in the third but the defense was great in the second half outside of one drive on a short field.

i think they played well but it did seem at least to me that manning and co. let off the throttle in the third quarter, it was a lot of runs... even on what seemed to be typical passing downs for them.

I'm proud, but I'm sick of the slow starts and the abandonment of the running game when it at least showed some promise.We were very quick to get away from the runs in the first half.  I'm not whining, but I just feel we could have stayed with it a little bit more. If we would have stayed with it I think we could have done things like we did against San Fran and kept things short and manageable to limit forced throws into coverage.  Grind on them a bit and play action off of that.  We'd get more playaction like everybody wants if they'd just stay commited to the run game when it is showing signs of working.

they could lose next week too and still go 12-4 other the Pats game you could say the Colts two hardest games are right out of the gate.

Yup. Pats game is at home. The Eagles game is at home also, and they showed some flaws today. We'll see what Pittsburgh, Houston, Cincinnati, etc., look like as the season goes on. But based on what we know right now, this game was absolutely the hardest game on the schedule. Especially when you think about how the Broncos opened up last season.

Once again a night and day performance, positives and negatives across the board. 

Slightly worried that the O stalled on 2 goaline situations but when you look at the "galacticos" Denver can put on the field Welker or no Welker I think it was an ok performance, especially in Mile High. 

Looks like the biggest thing this season again will be consistency, we still can't get 4 Qtrs of good solid football out the team. 

The second half belonged to Colts. Its huge in an away stadium. Both the offense and defense were clicking.

However, we have to keep in mind most of the drives were extended with quite a lot of 4th downs/onside kicks etc. We went for broke to play them. Defense is promising though.

Me too. We almost did it.  I just wish we could play in the first way the way we always do in the second.

Had we played the entire game like that, Denver would be embarrassed.  I almost think they are anyway about their second half, sighing relief (or saying, "uh...Denver knew they had it won so they relaxed)"