Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peter King Predicts Super Bowl: GB 30, IND 23

Andrew Luck's Beard

I think I think Peter King knows more about coffee and beer than he does about football.

He definitely knows the league, as far as history, behind the scenes stuff, personnel, etc. But his opinion on what happens on the field isn't anything special, IMO.

Although Denver and NE loaded up in the offseason, I'm not sure that their eventual decline may not start with this year.

We have as good of chance as any team in the AFC to make the SB.  We beat DEN and SEA last year, and I think our offseason additions (and subtractions) helped us more than the other teams' offseason helped them...just off the top of my head.

Wayne, Allen, Hicks, Toler, a new center, a new guard, a new ILB, a new DT and better DT depth, and probably a not so stubborn OC (with Chud?), are all additions/improvements over the majority of last year.

He predicted the superbowl to be 30-23 to the packers over the colts................. is it wrong that i would take that for this season???

I would be giddy with joy. That would a huge overachievement for this team at this stage.

Oh great, this could be a kiss of death. Sigh. He rarely gets this right. The one time he did I think was Packers/Steelers years ago and he had Steelers over Packers before the year started. 

More times then not he stinks at this.

My SB teams still though are the Saints and Patriots. Been my prediction all offseason. 

The Patriots are far more dangerous to us than Denver, even though I expect Denver to beat us on opening Sunday night.  But, I also expect Denver to be broken down by the playoffs and Manning simply hasn't carried a team to a SB championship.  Bob Sanders and our O-Line/2 unheralded running backs (who deserved Co-MVPs that game for sure) won that game.   Manning is the greatest QB ever in my opinion, but he simply can't carry a team when it matters without help on D and the run game.  The Patriots are LOADED this year compared to last year when they crushed us.  Fortunately we get them at home this season which could determine home field advantage and help us get away from stinking MA! Our key games will be Cincy, NE and dealing with 2 away games in a 4 day period which is totally unfair and a screw job by the schedulers which I fully believe subtly manipulate the seasons and success teams have.  It is game fixing without the risk of getting into trouble.  

I can see where the season could play out with the Colts making the Super Bowl.  Once there, it will all depend on the relative health of each team.  Anything could change, even something like an injury in a championship game.  That is why they play the games.  But picks are fun.  

Are we going to have a post where everyone makes their Season, Playoff and SB picks?  Heck, I think I will go create one! 

I have Green Bay as a wild card, with Chicago losing the Super Bowl to Denver. 

Know what the difference is from my prediction to Peter King's? He's good at his job, makes big money and is a reliable source. I'm just a normal guy throwing predictions out, hoping it pans out my way. :D

If we can somehow get good play out of our O-line, I could definitely see us in the Superbowl. T-R averaging 3.0 yards per carry and Luck getting no time to throw are my biggest worries for this team. Depth in the secondary is another concern.