TKnight24

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd have Walker over Lous

Kerr over McKinney

Andrew Jackson on the PS, Muamba and Mcnary as backups to Freeman and D Jackson

As for the Safety situation with 5, I don't see that happening but I'd wait till the cuts down to 53

I'd also keep all 6 OLB's or cut Hunt if someone better gets cut from another team which I think is bound to happen

Kerr over McKinney

As for the Safety situation with 5, I don't see that happening but I'd wait till the cuts down to 53

I'd also keep all 6 OLB's or cut Hunt if someone better gets cut from another team which I think is bound to happen

At least in my view Kerr has outperformed McKinney

At least in my view Kerr has outperformed McKinney

Agreed.....

But that doesn't mean that McKinney doesn't make the 53....   (not that you claimed he wouldn't....)

There will likely be 26 defensive players on the 53...   (24 offensive and 3 ST)

They key is the breakdown on the 53....      most have 6 DL, and 10 LB and 10 DB's... 

But, personally,  I'd take either one less ILB or one less safety to carry a 7th DL.... 

I suspect I'm in the minority on this one....    but I don't think 6 DL is enough....

Guess we'll find out by the end of the week......

Agreed.....

But that doesn't mean that McKinney doesn't make the 53....   (not that you claimed he wouldn't....)

There will likely be 26 defensive players on the 53...   (24 offensive and 3 ST)

They key is the breakdown on the 53....      most have 6 DL, and 10 LB and 10 DB's... 

But, personally,  I'd take either one less ILB or one less safety to carry a 7th DL.... 

I suspect I'm in the minority on this one....    but I don't think 6 DL is enough....

Guess we'll find out by the end of the week......

I think 9 DB's should do it in my opinion, 2 Safeties, at each spot, 5 Corners, I also agree about D Linemen, I'd carry 7 possibly but I'd lean toward 6

1.Art Jones

2.Chapman

3.Redding

4.Francois.

5.Kerr

6.Hughes

Whatever order

I think 9 DB's should do it in my opinion, 2 Safeties, at each spot, 5 Corners, I also agree about D Linemen, I'd carry 7

1.Art Jones

2.Chapman

3.Redding

4.Francois.

5.Kerr

6.Hughes

7.Mckinney

Whatever order

We run a 3-4 I don't think we keep more than 6 on the D Line.  I think it comes down to Kerr or McKinney I really hope we keep the young guy with upside rather than the 31 yr old with an injury history.

I'm not crazy about that, I'd rather have those extra 15 guys available for Thursday and start the cuts on Friday.  

We are wasting time with a bunch of guys with plenty of young 53 man and practice squad hopefulls who need all the reps that they can get.

Heck some of our starters need reps in this final game.

Since this is a thread on Cuts and I don't see an official thread on cuts around the league I figured I'd just put this out there:

Hakeem Smith was cut by the Titans

Emmett Cleary was released by the Raiders

Brandon Bishop (My guy) was released by the Vikings

All players -Three guys I'd give a shot to or perhaps stick on the PS if they perform well in game 4

Don't think Smith or Bishop have NFL speed that is why they are gone in first cuts. I don't think either have more potential than Dewey. Haven't we had Cleary here before?

I think we might find something when the real tough choices are going to be made but I wouldn't count on anything but PS guys.

Kerr over McKinney

I believe in upside but Walker has been rather poor and Lance has been decent IMO with a proven veteran history.

Not a close decision from what i have witnessed.

Or, not use a FB period.

Run a spread offense like Denver or a One back offense like Alabama does

Too many weapons to be using a FB. Havili is average, why keep average on the field to take good, great, or ELITE (Reggie Wayne only) off the field?

Agree on no FB calling  Havili  average is being kind he ranked as the 5th worse lead blocking FB in the league last year. http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6742/stanley-havili

.....lol I might of spelled his name wrong but the right tackle we signed I think its spelled like gosder cherilus... He is a good pass blocker and a decent run blocker but we could of got a way better option. And don't get me started on the donald Thomas signing

That  kid is May i believe and he has come on. JMO but that kid looks like he could be as good or better than Link at RT Already.

Definitely worth the practice squad.

Whalen was a lot more familiar with the system than Rogers was last year and already had a year under his belt in the NFL (well, at least a year of P.S.), which also play a role into why he was brought up before Rogers.... don't think it means they have more faith in Whalen than Rogers though when  you look at the big picture.  Whalen was brought up to active roster on Oct 28, then waived Nov 19 and resigned to PS, then brought up again on Dec 14....  Rogers was brought up to active roster on Nov. 11 and was never sent back down.

I, too, have faith in Whalen as a WR but the fact of the matter is he will start the season as the 5th or 6th WR -- if Wayne stays healthy, he has more sure hands, is better at getting open, and is a better at moving the chains than Whalen, TY is faster and more dynamic, Nicks, Moncrief, and Rogers are all bigger, faster, and pose a bigger threat to the opposing D.  More likely than not, we will be running a lot of 2 TE/2 WR sets, or 3 WR/1 TE sets, maybe the occasional 2 TE/1 WR/ 1 FB set, and the occassional 4 WR set --- meaning that if we stay healthy, Whalen shouldn't be seeing much of the field on offense -- his value is as a very reliable back-up and as a selfless player that is willing to play ST's (both returning punts/kicks and holding kicks).  I am in no way trying to disrespect you or Whalen, but I will really be shocked if the Colts decide to avoid using him on STs to keep him healthy (this makes sense when we did it with Marvin Harrison or when we do it with TY Hilton, both game-breakers, but in all honesty, Whalen's biggest value to this team is his selflessness and versatility, not necessarily his skill set or threat as a WR).

I am surprised we haven't played Purifoy at S more in the pre-season -- to me, he has the size, athleticism, and playmaking ability to play there and he played there a bit in college.  I like Purifoy because of his athleticism and his ST ability, but I also like him because I think he could be thrown in at S and fair much better than the other CBs he is competing with if need be.

I agree-- I like what I've seen from McDonald -- I think we'd be better off with him on the PS or as depth and a STer for this year, though as I think he is still a little raw and can use a bit more game knowledge.

If we put MacDonald on the practice squad he is as good as gone! Hope they don't do that!

We are wasting time with a bunch of guys with plenty of young 53 man and practice squad hopefulls who need all the reps that they can get.

Heck some of our starters need reps in this final game.

Not sure I'm following you.  Are you saying the 15 guys cut weren't needed for Thursday's game?

Sheppard HAS looked good and most of the forum knows I could not stand him being on the field last year :)

I too think Studebaker makes it...the kid plays with a ton of heart out there.

Andrew Jackson:  We know him as a 'thumper.'  I really hope he can make the roster.  We have not heard smashing of the pads at LB since Clint Session.  Clint was not fantastic, but he would put a hit on ya!!   :)

Conner hit too!

If we put MacDonald on the practice squad he is as good as gone! Hope they don't do that!

I'm not going to argue with you, but I think we're all a little more vested in our back up players than the rest of the league.  I mean, we may think they're talented but there's probably dozens of raw rookies with talent out there.

I remember when people were concerned that we'd lose Harnish, Whalen, even Blair White if we put them on the PS.

I don't know the answer to this, maybe someone can tell me - how many players have the Colts lost off the PS in the last couple years?  I know we've claimed a few.

I'm not going to argue with you, but I think we're all a little more vested in our back up players than the rest of the league.  I mean, we may think they're talented but there's probably dozens of raw rookies with talent out there.

I remember when people were concerned that we'd lose Harnish, Whalen, even Blair White if we put them on the PS.

I don't know the answer to this, maybe someone can tell me - how many players have the Colts lost off the PS in the last couple years?  I know we've claimed a few.

I hear you & admit MacDonald is my boy, but honestly I didn't think any of the guys you mentioned would be picked pick except maybe Harnish, but hard to bring in a QB who would have to be on the active roster who doesn't know the playbook. I think safeties of MacDonald size an athletic abilities are rare. I think the kid has a real chance to be very good!

Kerr over McKinney

I don't think Hunt is going to be on the team. I see us keeping Walden Werner Newsome Cam Studebaker until Mathis comes back then one has to go. I don't think Hunt is even in the conversation.

What did everyone think of Anderson? I think McDonald played just as well as Anderson did and for him being a UDFA and never playing in the NFL I would take McDonald becuase he has room to grow.

Anderson showed a glad or two but really didn't show much to me...

Looks like the Colts need to waive 4 more to reach 75. Which of the following would you cut?

C: Lutz, Austin

CB: Burley, Price, Purifoy

DT: Conway, Hoover, Obukwelo

FB: Harvey

G: Walker, Louis

ILB: A. Jackson, Loiseau, Ruggiero, Sheppard

NT: Kerr, McKinney

OLB: Hunt, Studebaker

QB: Harnish

RB: Herron, Tipton, Fluellen

S: Anderson, McDonald

T: Hall

TE: Doyle, Saunders

WR: Lankford, Lenz

Looks like the Colts need to waive 4 more to reach 75. Which of the following would you cut?

Not with the moves to IR and PUP that were made

For some reason Walker has been working at T not G

I think Walker looks better at RT, but I am not impressed.  Maybe it was the players around him.  Ge is working there since Xavier Nixon has been unable to go.  I have heard Grigs say that he likes Louis.  He just needs the reps IMO.  He has been ot most of the last 2 years.

we're already at 75. we IRed ballard, john, and karem and put havili on the pup list 

UDFA's who can make this roster:

J. Harrison (lock)

Z. Kerr (lock)

L. Purifoy (safe)

J. Walker (depending on OLine health status. Played good at guard)

M. Hall (looked really good at RT)

McDonald and Tipton are pretty much locks to make the PS. Could slip into 53.

I don't know if I would classify Henoc Muamba as a UDFA, but he should be a lock as well. He's been our best ILB in preseason.

UDFA's who can make this roster:

J. Harrison (lock)

Z. Kerr (lock)

L. Purifoy (safe)

J. Walker (depending on OLine health status. Played good at guard)

M. Hall (looked really good at RT)

McDonald and Tipton are pretty much locks to make the PS. Could slip into 53.

I don't know if I would classify Henoc Muamba as a UDFA, but he should be a lock as well. He's been our best ILB in preseason.

Agreed

Cherilus was pretty much the top RT available at the time. Thomas was a risk/reward signing, if he were able to stay healthy he could be a top tier guard.

Cherilus was pretty much the top RT available at the time. Thomas was a risk/reward signing, if he were able to stay healthy he could be a top tier guard.

Thomas was a NE backup, smaller in size, and a very average athlete. His upside was not likely a top 15 LG.