Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We will be a Pass Happy Team.

OldSchoolColt

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, August 22, 2014 - promotional posting
Hidden by Nadine, August 22, 2014 - promotional posting

I cannot post a new post, but i wanted to tell you that Qua Cox the cornerback of Indy is giving away a ticket to the Colts game this week. Basically a once in a lifetime opportunity to go to the game invited by the player himself.  He is a very good friend of ours.  Please contact him on twitter @Qua_CoxJSU20  

Also we are selling this on Ebay for the ALS Challenge

As a Colts fan, you cannot beat an Gino Marchetti Autographed Jersey for a dollars? That is the current price. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111442556574?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Why?

- If you take off the rose colored glasses, you will see that we will not be able to run well with this inexperienced o-line who has not had even a year to jell together. Was ranked 28th and that was with Thomas.  http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2099809-power-ranking-nfl-offensive-line-depth-charts/page/6

- Luck will SHINE Luck will still be able to pass with this o-line.

- Wicked group of WRs who will be able to catch all over the field including deep and in the red zone.

- TE's who will truly make a name for themselves as the best tandem. Someone say Pro Bowl Allen?

- Pep's changes in play calling last year lead to more pass intensive.

- Pep wanting to keep his job.  "The Colts lose another after conservative play calling by the OC" Don't think so.

- Once again, the league favors passing. "Penalties up nearly 44 percent from last year’s preseason making illegal contact by pass defenders and defensive holding in the secondary major points of officiating emphasis."

- Synergy between great QB and WRs.

Maybe I am wrong?

lmao. Thomas was a career bench player and stood to be no more than average. Sorry for his injury but on the field we will be as good or better.

Andrew should improve as a pocket passer from being mid-tier. Yaaaaaaaaaa!

When you have no running game, what other choice do you have?

Good God.  You have said the same freaking thing in essentially all of your 278 posts.  For the love off all that is Holy, can you consider the point made and move on to something else.

Good God.  You have said the same freaking thing in essentially all of your 278 posts.  For the love off all that is Holy, can you consider the point made and move on to something else.

Do you see the title of this thread? I agree with it but this is the reason why it is true. Take off your rose colored blinders and take a good long look at that running game. I didn't say anything about Trent Richardson but about the running game in general. If you don't like what I post, put me on ignore like I am going to do with you.

Do you see the title of this thread? I agree with it but this is the reason why it is true. Take off your rose colored blinders and take a good long look at that running game. I didn't say anything about Trent Richardson but about the running game in general. If you don't like what I post, put me on ignore like I am going to do with you.

For God's sake - I did not comment one bit on the running game.  You have no idea of my thoughts on it.  I was simply saying you have not only beaten the horse until it is dead, you still continue beating it.  We get it. TR is a waste.  The running game is a useless.

Point made.

For God's sake - I did not comment one bit on the running game.  You have no idea of my thoughts on it.  I was simply saying you have not only beaten the horse until it is dead, you still continue beating it.  We get it. TR is a waste.  The running game is a useless.

Point made.

Again, I said nothing about TR in that post. We would not have a good running game if TR were cut. The Oline still can't block although other running backs gain more YPC. That horse is not dead until the Colts do something to have a decent running game. They haven't done it and it will cost us wins this year.

I am sooo sick of hearing people talk about rose colored glasses and blinders...

As long as they are winning who gives a rat's 4th point of contact?? 

This team can pass to set up the run.  They need to ditch the full back crap and run out of the shotgun. 

Technically....it would be the rat's 5th point of contact wouldnt, I mean they do have 4 legs...

Great. Hopefully we get back to winning 12 games a year and then getting bounced from playoffs because we can't run or have defense.  That was sarcasm in case you didn't read it.

The final four last year shows you what needs to be done to win the Super Bowl.  Defense, some running attack, and effective passing. Give me that.  I will take 2 ugly Lombardis over 10 years of high octane failures.

IMO offense is all about deception. Not that you show one thing but do another, that is easy to counter, but you show the same thing time and time again but do different things. I know this seems like football 101 to a lot of you, but it's not something I think Pep has grasped yet (maybe he has and is just not showing it in the preseason).

For example, the reason the stretch play used to be so effective for the Colts is because everyone, including the line, did the exact same thing whether it was a run or a pass. The tackle would crash down on the DT, the guard would pull, the WRs ran their routes, the running back went to take the ball, the QB showed the ball and put it in the RB's gut. That first .75 seconds looked exactly the same. Safeties would have to stay back if it were a pass, LBers would have to guess and hope they guessed correctly. Additionally, the Colts would run the stretch/PAP out of any formation (granted they didn't have a lot of different formations under Moore).

Pep seems to still have that attitude of {it doesn't matter if the other teams know what we are doing, let them try to stop us.} but it does matter.

great post

I agree completely

Unfortunately it's looking like last year. We will pound our heads against the wall and struggle to run before we are forced to turn Luck loose. The difference this year is it looks like we

have a stout run defense. The one area we failed to address in my mind was the glaring lack of PROVEN run blockers.

We start off with two games against high octane offenses in Denver and Philly. We won't have the luxury of pounding our heads against the wall trying to force the run game because we will need to put up a lot of points to keep pace. Thus, I think Luck will come out gunning it at the start of the season. If we have early success hopefully we will turn Luck loose from the onset and let our passing game set up our running game instead of trying to do it the other way around.

Technically....it would be the rat's 5th point of contact wouldnt, I mean they do have 4 legs...

Well I guess we would have to drop a rat out of a C-130 with a parachute and see how it typically lands... If all feet land at the same time that's 1 point of contact... In airborne training when you land you roll and hit first with your feet, then calves, then thigh then rear end... No sure if rats have calves...

Well I guess we would have to drop a rat out of a C-130 with a parachute and see how it typically lands... If all feet land at the same time that's 1 point of contact... In airborne training when you land you roll and hit first with your feet, then calves, then thigh then rear end... No sure if rats have calves...

I'd pay to see a rat jump from a plane haha