Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Defense looks good

SilentHill

So, yea, my take from this game? The run defense looks great, and the secondary would have been good too, if not for this new "rule enforcement" that the refs are pulling, I think we will address that and it wont be an issue,

Really excited to see it when Mathis comes back.

I agree. Held the 1st team giants shut out while they were on the field. Granted its preseason and the giants....but still liked what I heard on the radio broadcast

we did something similar to giants last year. We will have a better idea of where we are when we face jimmy graham and the saints this week.

You can tell schematically that this years crop of players fits the scheme better and or has adjusted and gotten better at fitting our scheme.

The dline was terrific.They really clogged up blockers and kept them from getting to the next level so our line backers could make plays at the line of scrimage.

And not that im an expert, but it seems like manuskys playcalling was much better and less of the "vanilla" description he has gotten in the past.

the defense looks great and we didnt have arguably our two best players in mathis and freeman! although its preseaon, if we keep this up we have a real shot at the bowl!

How did henoc, sweet lou, and Andrew Jackson do

I honestly didn't see much from Henoc or Jackson this time around. Purifoy had some great plays, I see him making the final roster. But we will see how he performs the next couple preseason games.

I honestly didn't see much from Henoc or Jackson this time around. Purifoy had some great plays, I see him making the final roster. But we will see how he performs the next couple preseason games.

I really liked purifoys play this game and he is by far our best punt returner. I was in the Endzone where he got it around the 5 and cut across and burnt up the left side. His game speed seems to be much faster that his 40 they knocked him for.

How did henoc, sweet lou, and Andrew Jackson do

Henco made a couple of tackles not the same impact but the Giants throw more than the Jets.

Sweet lou was sweet on special teams have him returning punts looked good and is always around the ball on coverage. I think he still needs a little work on D but I would be suprised if he is not one of the 53

I don't think the president played could be wrong.

I really liked purifoys play this game and he is by far our best punt returner. I was in the Endzone where he got it around the 5 and cut across and burnt up the left side. His game speed seems to be much faster that his 40 they knocked him for.

That's awesome. When I was watching it looked like he caught that punt and ran back to the 1 yard line before he finally took off. Wow. He could possibly be one of out main PR's this season. Things look good for him so far.

Henco made a couple of tackles not the same impact but the Giants throw more than the Jets.

Sweet lou was sweet on special teams have him returning punts looked good and is always around the ball on coverage. I think he still needs a little work on D but I would be suprised if he is not one of the 53

I don't think the president played could be wrong.

Oh man, Purifoy is sweet Lou? Lol, I need to get with the program.

I was really impressed with the defense in particular the front 7. Huge upgrade with Jones at DE over RJF and Werner has improved immensely, expecting a big year from him.

Cautiously optimistic am I. Its only the preseason but I do like the things I'm seeing.

Cautiously optimistic am I. Its only the preseason but I do like the things I'm seeing.

That should be more reason to be optimistic. We did that last night without Jerell Freeman along side of DQ Jackson, Sheppard took his spot as he was inactive

We're looking a lot more aggressive. 2 back to back turnovers in less than 3mins

Though they were negated by the NFL being soft each year more and more that's still a good feeling. The TC reports were true, defense is making turnovers. And the more chances you give a QB like Andrew to score, the more chance you have to win the game

:rantoff:

That should be more reason to be optimistic. We did that last night without Jerell Freeman along side of DQ Jackson, Sheppard took his spot as he was inactive

We're looking a lot more aggressive. 2 back to back turnovers in less than 3mins

Though they were negated by the NFL being soft each year more and more that's still a good feeling. The TC reports were true, defense is making turnovers. And the more chances you give a QB like Andrew to score, the more chance you have to win the game

:rantoff:

Very true. The reason I'm cautiously optimistic is because I'd like to see them do it a full game. The starters that is.