Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Khaled Holmes leg injury.

Dustin

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if this is serious I think we can all give up on this season. I had my doubts about this season after Thomas went down but if Holmes is seriously hurt I don't see how anyone can have much hope.

Yeah, you should quit watching now.

No hope! No hope!

So if this is serious I think we can all give up on this season. I had my doubts about this season after Thomas went down but if Holmes is seriously hurt I don't see how anyone can have much hope.

Overreact much?

Did Denver give up after losing ryan clady last year? Who is Holmes compared to clady? Please.... Stop with the nonsense. I've rolled my ankle before.... Was off my feet for 2 weeks.... Guess what... The season doesn't stare for another 4 weeks. Boom... Mindblowing.

Overreact much?

Did Denver give up after losing ryan clady last year? Who is Holmes compared to clady? Please.... Stop with the nonsense. I've rolled my ankle before.... Was off my feet for 2 weeks.... Guess what... The season doesn't stare for another 4 weeks. Boom... Mindblowing.

Yes, wasn't making any claim to how serious it was.  Only making the point that losing a starting center and starting guard on an already sub-par offensive line would certainly destroy any hope of a successful season. If this is serious I guess we'll see though.

Khaled Holmes - C - ColtsColts C Khaled Holmes was forced from Thursday's preseason game against the Jets with a left ankle injury.He's officially questionable to return, but obviously won't. Holmes went down in pain after getting rolled up, but was able to limp off the field before heading to the locker room. The fact he could put weight on his foot is a sign the injury might not be overly serious. Holmes appeared in only three games as a rookie last season, but was gifted the Colts' center job after Phil Costa retired.Source: Stephen Holder on TwitterAug 7 - 7:22 PM

Khaled Holmes - C - ColtsColts C Khaled Holmes was forced from Thursday's preseason game against the Jets with a left ankle injury.He's officially questionable to return, but obviously won't. Holmes went down in pain after getting rolled up, but was able to limp off the field before heading to the locker room. The fact he could put weight on his foot is a sign the injury might not be overly serious. Holmes appeared in only three games as a rookie last season, but was gifted the Colts' center job after Phil Costa retired.Source: Stephen Holder on TwitterAug 7 - 7:22 PM

thank goodness. if It's just questionable then there's no worry.

We still need depth.

Right. Obviously no one will release a starter. But I bet a few older vets will be released because they're backups and the younger players are cheaper.

We will get a vet backup at some point, Grigs isn't stupid.

Thing is, if they're worth anything, they won't be cut.

this is a really lazy argument that gets used way too often.  for one thing, there are always talented players that get cut, especially at final cuts when rosters go down to 53.  aside from that, talented players could get cut for any other number of reasons including but not limited to poor scheme fit with their existing team, their team was already loaded at their particular position, personal issues that could be fixed (see Cris Carter), salary cap reasons etc etc.  

I'm certainly not saying we have no reason to be concerned and that we could get an all pro center at any time but the fact remains that talented players get cut each and every year so the "if they were any good they wouldn't get cut" argument holds very, very little water. :)

this is a really lazy argument that gets used way too often.  for one thing, there are always talented players that get cut, especially at final cuts when rosters go down to 53.  aside from that, talented players could get cut for any other number of reasons including but not limited to poor scheme fit with their existing team, their team was already loaded at their particular position, personal issues that could be fixed (see Cris Carter), salary cap reasons etc etc.  

I'm certainly not saying we have no reason to be concerned and that we could get an all pro center at any time but the fact remains that talented players get cut each and every year so the "if they were any good they wouldn't get cut" argument holds very, very little water. :)

Yes, it's lazy. This is preseason game one.

Yes, it's lazy. This is preseason game one.

that's true, it is only preseason game one.  and I apologize if I came off a bit harsh.  it's just that argument gets used a lot and as I said, it's not true.  talented players do get cut all the time.  I'm definitely hopeful that Holmes' injury isn't too serious.  oh and welcome to the forum :)

that's true, it is only preseason game one.  and I apologize if I came off a bit harsh.  it's just that argument gets used a lot and as I said, it's not true.  talented players do get cut all the time.  I'm definitely hopeful that Holmes' injury isn't too serious.  oh and welcome to the forum :)

Thanks for the welcome and, no, you didn't come off as harsh. I know that talented players get cut, but "talented" doesn't necessarily mean starting C talent. I hope Holmes is good for week 1. If he isn't, we need decent starter. That won't come from cuts.

Thanks for the welcome and, no, you didn't come off as harsh. I know that talented players get cut, but "talented" doesn't necessarily mean starting C talent. I hope Holmes is good for week 1. If he isn't, we need decent starter. That won't come from cuts.

well, for one thing, I don't like making statements in absolutes.  Yes it is unlikely that we would find a starting caliber C after cuts but it's not impossible.  a veteran nearing the end of his contract could get cut for a younger player who has impressed his staff.

that said, It doesn't necessarily have to come from cuts.  Mewhort was an all pro C in high school.  Harrison was one of the more highly regarded UDFA linemen.  and aside from a couple of bad snaps, Harrison hasn't looked bad and still has several weeks to gain experience, which I'm guessing he will if Holmes is going to miss time.

Don't really know how it can be good news. The guy basically hasnt been healthy in about 3 yrs. He comes and goes way too much to depend on him

Yeah, "back at some point" and "doesn't appear season ending" doesn't inspire much confidence. I still wonder why the C position wasn't properly addressed. Phil Costa does NOT count. Terrible signing.