Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Interesting Arthur Jones rushing stat

akcolt

Found this while looking at ESPN's preseason power rankings we were at 7.

The Ravens allowed 3.4 yards per rush with now-Colt Arthur Jones on the field and 4.6 without.

I like the looks of that anxious to see what kind of impact he has on our defense. They allowed 1.2 yards more per carry I realize some was on draw plays when they had no hope of a first down but that is a pretty significant difference.

There are lots of little tid bits like Philly allowed a league-worst 289.8 pass yards per game last year. Week 2 shootout unless we can make Philly one dimensional not sold on Foles after one year. There is a lot of tape on him and that offense now. Chip's a run first guy anyway no Jackson to take the lid off Eagles are a lot different team. They are relying on Cooper and Macklin off injury. They did bring in Matthews and former Duck Huff but rookie WR's...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings

Stopping the run is great, we absolutely must do that. Looks like we're going in the right direction.

But unless someone steps up for Mathis those first two games, Peyton and Foles will pick us apart with dinks and dunks. A five yard pass is as good as a run.

I just re-watched the Broncos game, Mathis was the difference. He pretty much was what little D we had against KC too.

Stopping the run is great, we absolutely must do that. Looks like we're going in the right direction.

But unless someone steps up for Mathis those first two games, Peyton and Foles will pick us apart with dinks and dunks. A five yard pass is as good as a run.

I just re-watched the Broncos game, Mathis was the difference. He pretty much was what little D we had against KC too.

I don't think Peyton will have anybody to fear against us. 

If they're throwing five yard passes, the rush doesn't much matter.

Yet it's the same defense that held him & the most historic offense to 14 points until the injury bug attacked the defensive secondary. Okay, you're right nothing for Peyton to fear. Nothing at all. Not like that's the same defense he'll see this year but with added pieces or anything

Yet it's the same defense that held him & the most historic offense to 14 points until the injury bug attacked the defensive secondary. Okay, you're right nothing for Peyton to fear. Nothing at all. Not like that's the same defense he'll see this year but with added pieces or anything

one major piece missing this year. Did you watch the game last year? Mathis was all over peyton

I don't think Peyton goes into any game fearing anyone no matter who he is, Respecting what a player is capable of? Absolutely, Fear? Not likely, With that said, Jerrell Freeman had 5.5 sacks last year, Arthur Jones had 4 sacks last year, Now Im not saying those players are even close to what Mathis has been but they can bring him down and put heat on him, Im certainly not predicting we will be fine without Mathis the first 4 weeks, As a matter of fact I think it will be a struggle but we do have a couple players on defense still who are no slouches

I don't think Peyton goes into any game fearing anyone no matter who he is, Respecting what a player is capable of? Absolutely, Fear? Not likely, With that said, Jerrell Freeman had 5.5 sacks last year, Arthur Jones had 4 sacks last year, Now Im not saying those players are even close to what Mathis has been but they can bring him down and put heat on him, Im certainly not predicting we will be fine without Mathis the first 4 weeks, As a matter of fact I think it will be a struggle but we do have a couple players on defense still who are no slouches

I think we will find a way to get to the QB I am optimistic that Werner can do something. He was pretty highly regarded coming out of FSU. He was projected to be a first rounder its not like one of Grigs out of the blue picks although he was a 4-3 DE. He has had a year to adjust to the 3-4 really no reason he shouldn't be able to be helpful this year. Jones should make the D Line better. It will be nice to get something from the front 3.

It is the first game so hopefully we will be at full strength Toler and Landry will be good to go. Toler can play when healthy. I have a feeling Adams might want to give a little extra effort in this one as well.

It would be a great game for a Holmes and Trent coming out party control some clock running and controlled passing you know how * Manning gets when he doesn't have the ball. I like our chances. Throw in the curse of the Super Bowl loser. I smell a W

I want to see how Foles and Chip's offense holds up after a full year of tape on it.

They lost Jackson to take the top off so Cooper will see a better CB and Macklin is coming off of ACL surgery. Cooper might see the top CB is he a number 1? At least until Macklin can prove he is full strength. Does Philly have a number 1? Neither of those guys have ever caught more than 70 balls or had 1,000 yard year. Cooper has 93 career catches in 5 yrs.

We will get to see DJack in coverage Chip likes going to the TE. I am a big Oregon fan and more than anything Chip wants to run the ball Shady is the head of that snake. You control him you control the offense. 

Mathis is 33 we need to start finding out what the young guys can do anyway. Could be a blessing in disguise Mathis has 4 less games on his body we get to look at some players under real fire. I think we find a way this team has overcome everything put in front of them so far. 4-0 wouldn't surprise me.

What I meant was Peyton won't have our best rusher to fear. We don't have anybody else to put fear in qb's like Mathis does.