Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts sign Chad Anderson(G)

MrNLM

Don't put a lot of faith in NFL draft com & hes from div 1aa .Who knows camp fodder ?Take that back think they are Div 1 now

One, it was more of a joke about NFLdraft scout.  He wasn't even good enough to get a ranking from them.  Two NMU is a Div II school, at least according to their website

NMU is also home to an Olympic training site for elite-level Greco-Roman wrestlers and weightlifters.  Northern sponsors 13 intercollegiate sports: five men’s (basketball, football, golf, ice hockey Nordic skiing) and eight women’s teams (basketball, cross country, Nordic skiing, soccer, swimming and diving, indoor track and field, outdoor track and field and volleyball). Most of the programs compete at the NCAA Division II level in the Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference.  The Wildcat men’s ice hockey program is NCAA Division I and a member of the Western Collegiate Hockey Association.  NMU has won NCAA team titles in football (1975), men’s hockey (1991) and women’s volleyball (1993, ’94).  The university also has strong club sports and intramural programs.

He very well could be a diamond in the rough, but I doubt it.  

But he's a Colts and I will cheer for him for as long as he is.

One, it was more of a joke about NFLdraft scout.  He wasn't even good enough to get a ranking from them.  Two NMU is a Div II school, at least according to their website

This is why the NFL needs some kind of minor league system

Actually are Div 1 now lost in orange bowl to FSU 2012 and if not mistaken Harnisch came from there. Lol with you on cheering him on as long as hes with us. 

Actually are Div 1 now lost in orange bowl to FSU 2012 and if not mistaken Harnisch came from there. Lol with you on cheering him on as long as hes with us. 

Harnish came from Northern Illinois, this guy is Northern Michigan.  Northern Illinois is way better then Northern Michigan.  

I believe Northern Illinois is consistently one of the best teams in the MAC.  

Harnish came from Northern Illinois, this guy is Northern Michigan.  Northern Illinois is way better then Northern Michigan.  

Quite correct don't know why I was thinking NIU lol not enough coffee

I think you are thinking of Western Michigan.  And the 2012 Orange Bowl as a WVU vs Clemson.  According to NCAA Northern Michigan is Div II, http://www.ncaa.com/schools/northern-mich/football.

I missed your Harnish comment, Harnish came from Northern Illinois...a much bigger school than Northern Michigan.  NIU has produced a few NFL level Oline (Ryan Diem being the one I'm most familiar with) and if he came from there, I'd give him a fighting chance of making the practice squad.

Guys do we have our own team combine or something?

http://eupnews.com/former-blue-devil-chad-anderson-signs-with-indianapolis-of-nfl/

"Anderson spent last season playing for the Los Angeles Kiss of the Arena Football League, but participated in the Colts’ Combine several months ago and apparently made a very good impression."

Do you think they mean we gave him a workout?

To be fair, while this guy is most likely a camp body, Grigs apparently took enough notice to dump a perfectly fine UDFA to bring this guy into camp.  

NMU is a Member of the Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference which is the rival conference to the GLVC

http://eupnews.com/former-blue-devil-chad-anderson-signs-with-indianapolis-of-nfl/

"Anderson spent last season playing for the Los Angeles Kiss of the Arena Football League, but participated in the Colts’ Combine several months ago and apparently made a very good impression."

Yes

I think you are thinking of Western Michigan.  And the 2012 Orange Bowl as a WVU vs Clemson.  According to NCAA Northern Michigan is Div II, http://www.ncaa.com/schools/northern-mich/football.

I missed your Harnish comment, Harnish came from Northern Illinois...a much bigger school than Northern Michigan.  NIU has produced a few NFL level Oline (Ryan Diem being the one I'm most familiar with) and if he came from there, I'd give him a fighting chance of making the practice squad.

I believe they also had a safety drafted in the first round this year. . . Ward I think he name was???

Agreed but don't tell the AFL or CFL people

I think they are pretty aware of it to some extent, at least the people in charge and the people playing there.  

They do have a special reserve list for players who are signed with NFL teams.  

To be fair, while this guy is most likely a camp body, Grigs apparently took enough notice to dump a perfectly fine UDFA to bring this guy into camp.  

I believe most teams do, they host a combine for regional school players that weren't invited to the combine nor have the ability to have a pro day.

I guess this move has more to do with getting another guy into the rotation because things aren't looking good for Thomas and training camp (just speculation on my part).  And while any team will bring in someone that meets certain criteria, I doubt if Grigson brought him because he saw some untapped potential, if that was the case they would have signed him after the draft.

I believe most teams do, they host a combine for regional school players that weren't invited to the combine nor have the ability to have a pro day.

I guess this move has more to do with getting another guy into the rotation because things aren't looking good for Thomas and training camp (just speculation on my part).  And while any team will bring in someone that meets certain criteria, I doubt if Grigson brought him because he saw some untapped potential, if that was the case they would have signed him after the draft.

I knew there where regional combines but I thought those where for the entire NFL and not just run by one particular team.