Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pagano interview from Jay Mohr Sports this morning

Steamboat_Shaun

I listen to the show live pretty much everyday, I was ecstatic this morning when he said he'd have Chuck. Great interview. You can listen to it here:

http://www.foxsportsradio.com/articles/jay-mohr-sports-467244/chuck-pagano-would-let-andrew-luck-12485833

After the interview Mohr and his staff were breaking down the Colts draft, schedule, and pretty much said how great this team could be this season. He and Dan Beyer both said they wouldn't be surprised at all if Indy was 9-0 going into the bye week. You can stream the entire show on the website here:

http://www.foxsportsradio.com/media/podcast-jay-mohr-sports-hours-Jay_Mohr_Sports_Hours/

Enjoy!

I listen to Jay Mohr these days. He's not really terribly accurate, but he is pretty funny. 

And yes, I've gotten to the point where I'm doing an impression of his impression of Tracy Morgan, "gonna get everyone pregnant!"

Pretty good interview. 

The Gorman show is pretty good also. Jeffrey Gorman was in the front office for the Colts and did a lot of the post game interviews for the last decade, and he's got a good inside track on guys that are still on the squad, so they talk Colts fairly often. 

Steve is a drummer, and he's a good one at that, and as a musician, I like that angle. 

Freeman was on a few days ago, in fact.

As far as their comment about the Colts going 9-0 going into the bye week - if Mathis was out there for all 16 games, I'd be very optimistic about the Colts winning at least 13 games, to be honest.

It might take us back to our 11 game average, his suspension. But hey, being a wild card just means we get to upset someone's apple cart, and I would like our chances if our health is better than last year.

Ahhhh geez.....I hope this is just insurance, and not indicative of Holmes' play.

we need another center even if Holmes plays at a pro-bowl level just in case he gets hurt. I remember when we drafted Mewhort several people covering the draft said the Colts viewed Mewhort as a center and that he could okay tackle or guard. So my guess is that this more about figuring out how to best use Mewhort than it is anything about Holmes.

we need another center even if Holmes plays at a pro-bowl level just in case he gets hurt. I remember when we drafted Mewhort several people covering the draft said the Colts viewed Mewhort as a center and that he could okay tackle or guard. So my guess is that this more about figuring out how to best use Mewhort than it is anything about Holmes.

Hope so 

No one said the Colts viewed him as a center.  Mayock stated, on the NFL.com site in his quick analysis of the pick, that some think (not the Colts, just a vague some)Mewhort's best position may be at center.  He has snapped the ball in OTAs and minicamp from reports.  And the Colts also have an UDFA, Harrison as a center as well.

No one said the Colts viewed him as a center.  Mayock stated, on the NFL.com site in his quick analysis of the pick, that some think (not the Colts, just a vague some)Mewhort's best position may be at center.  He has snapped the ball in OTAs and minicamp from reports.  And the Colts also have an UDFA, Harrison as a center as well.

Someone on ESPN said it because I heard it on draft night who are you tell me what I did and didn't hear?  Maybe you didn't hear it but just because you didn't hear it doesn't mean it wasn't said. 

It wasn't said.

it was said on draft night. Someone was going over the pick and most teams in this draft saw him as a tackle or guard but the Colts saw him as a center as well. It caught my attention on draft night. Again just because you didn't hear it doesn't mean it wasn't said. None of us watch every second of everything and remember it all months later in every detail. That's why we have a place like this so we can share information, as well as opinions, that sometimes others miss so to sit here and tell someone they didn't hear something is pretty arrogant.

it was said on draft night. Someone was going over the pick and most teams in this draft saw him as a tackle or guard but the Colts saw him as a center as well. It caught my attention on draft night. Again just because you didn't hear it doesn't mean it wasn't said. None of us watch every second of everything and remember it all months later in every detail. That's why we have a place like this so we can share information, as well as opinions, that sometimes others miss so to sit here and tell someone they didn't hear something is pretty arrogant.

I watched the ESPN coverage. They never said that. You misheard.