Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts OTA Thread (Official Thread)

TKnight24

OTA information, news, & other OTA related info I'll post here. I'm also positive members/mods such as HTownColt, MTC, Dustin, Lollygagger, & many others will make contributions with tweets & other sources of info

For those of you who use Twitter, here's some people you should follow for all the :colts: news

Mike Chappell

Stephen Holder

Kevin Bowen

Craig Kelley

:colts:

@HolderStephen: FYI: Colts open OTAs to media tmrw. Got to be careful about drawing premature conclusions, but we should be able to glean some things

@HolderStephen: Also, keep in mind that there is likely to be a slew of players coming off injury who will be held out as a precaution. #Colts

You guys might've already seen this but this is intriguing: 

Andrew Luck and Khaled Holmes Ready To Work During OTAs

http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/Andrew-Luck-and-Khaled-Holmes-Ready-To-Work-During-OTAs/101b3243-c750-4e6e-b90e-a8e3a76df114

Saw that.  There's no contact (supposedly) in these OTAs, right?

What I'm saying is that no one should get too excited about what's being reported.

Saw that. There's no contact (supposedly) in these OTAs, right?

What I'm saying is that no one should get too excited about what's being reported.

Been a long off-season, any football news is a reason to get excited.

If Reggie Wayne drops a pass, I'll be excited

I miss football!!!!! :Cry:

The good thing is we appear to have a lot of options on the interior of the line particularly if Thomas is healthy so competition should be good at all 3 spots. I would not over look Harrison pushing at C. The interior of the line really could come together. What we really need is no injuries so we can build some cohesiveness.  

He was injured when he over ran a play & tried to cut back when his foot stuck in the turf. He was engaged with a blocker but they were barely touching each other. No pads. A freak injury but a devastaing one none the less.

iI am lucky that I didn't blow out my knee because I nearly did the same thing once

I hope all the players take very close attention to what happened to Cowboys, LB S. Lee. He made a simple move and looked what happened, he's already out for the 2014 season. So i hope everyone just takes careful steps, and moves. We dont want any freak injuries.

It can happen

Princeton had a head coach who blew out his knee explaining a practice drill

I read something a while ago that said that something like half of ACL injuries are actually non contact injuries.  Somewhat surprised me but when you see things like this or Reggie when he tore his you start to see how it happens.  

Also I guess it's more likely to happen toward the end of games or practices.  I guess fatigue can sometimes throw off your coordination or something like that.

Someone on here posted a really good article on ACL tears not long after Reggie tore his and it had a lot off good info in it.

But hopefully everyone on the Colts keeps their ACL's intact and doesn't experience any other major injuries.

I hope all the players take very close attention to what happened to Cowboys, LB S. Lee. He made a simple move and looked what happened, he's already out for the 2014 season. So i hope everyone just takes careful steps, and moves. We dont want any freak injuries.

It happens.  I think injuries happen more when a player is doing something to try to prevent injury.

Mike Chappell has some good info on his twitter.

TY Hilton not practicing.  Stephen Holder mentioned this too.  My guess is he was nicked up or something and they are holding him out as a precaution.  

Jack Mewhort working right now as the #2 LG behind Lance Louis.  Donald Thomas still out with injury

Ahmad Bradshaw apparently didn't come out at the beginning of practice but came out later after working with trainers.

Kevin Bowen mentions that Dwayne Allen and Greg Toler are practicing.  

Arthur Jones is at nose tackle.

TY Hilton not practicing. Stephen Holder mentioned this too. My guess is he was nicked up or something and they are holding him out as a precaution.

Jack Mewhort working right now as the #2 LG behind Lance Louis. Donald Thomas still out with injury

Ahmad Bradshaw apparently didn't come out at the beginning of practice but came out later after working with trainers.

Interfering Info

TY Hilton not practicing.  Stephen Holder mentioned this too.  My guess is he was nicked up or something and they are holding him out as a precaution.  

Jack Mewhort working right now as the #2 LG behind Lance Louis.  Donald Thomas still out with injury

will Donald be ready for TC?

will Donald be ready for TC?

Not sure, Rotoworld seems to believe he will be.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4937/donald-thomas

I'd take caution on any optimism with Thomas.  The injury was sustained in week 2, that's Sept. of last year.  Any injury that takes that long to rehab is likely going to take a toll on you and your ability to play.

I think his injury is a big part of why we signed Lance Louis and drafted Mewhort.  Quite frankly it seems to me that the idea was that all 3 interior line positions are question marks so lets bring in as much competition as possible.  

Hopefully we'll get an above average line ironed out this year.  

I'd take caution on any optimism with Thomas.  The injury was sustained in week 2, that's Sept. of last year.  Any injury that takes that long to rehab is likely going to take a toll on you and your ability to play.

I think his injury is a big part of why we signed Lance Louis and drafted Mewhort.  Quite frankly it seems to me that the idea was that all 3 interior line positions are question marks so lets bring in as much competition as possible.  

agreed

I'll settle for an average line at best.  Our line was way below average.

Is this a joke?

i'm gonna go out on a limb and say yes