Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bjoern Werner, time to step up!

BlueCollarColts

I hope Werner steps up, but honestly I'm not expecting great things from him. His two sacks late last season were coverage sacks. If he is going to be a difference make he will need to make a huge leap from last season.

He was getting more pressure at the end of last season, I think he can turn into a very good player. Hopefully that happens this season.

He had 13 sacks his last season in college, thats a lot for a college player. For example, thats just as productive as Clowney was in his best season in college.

He fell in the draft because he was good at everything but not Great at anything.

Nowhere close to the speed and athleticism to expect him to be a top PR.

Not that he can`t do well surrounded by talented players.

He fell in the draft because he was good at everything but not Great at anything.

Nowhere close to the speed and athleticism to expect him to be a top PR.

Not that he can`t do well surrounded by talented players.

I don't care what anyone says, Werner can be a very productive pass rusher, and I can see him getting 9-11 sacks a year in his prime, just because you aren't an athletic freak, doesn't mean you can't be a good pass rusher. 

I'm more concered with our secondary with Mathis out we will see just how good or bad they really are.

I am actually confident in our secondary, Davis is one of the top corners in the league, and Toler is good when healthy,  and Butler is very underrated here. The safeties are a question mark though. 

Why he more than anyone else on the roster?

Just because a player who is new to American football and is drafted near the end of the first round HAS GOT to produce? 

I would like to see maybe Walden and every one ELSE on that D get after the QB .

Bjorn will be fine.

Yes, but Werner in particular. 

Why he more than anyone else on the roster?

Just because a player who is new to American football and is drafted near the end of the first round HAS GOT to produce? 

I would like to see maybe Walden and every one ELSE on that D get after the QB .

Bjorn will be fine.

he in particular because he will be the guy stepping in for Mathis.

Cooper.....Sproles.....Jordan Mathhews, Mccoy

How does Maclin not get mentioned here? Easily their best receiver. And Brent Celek.

Not to mention the fact that they have arguably the best o-line in the league.

The Eagles should not be taken lightly.

How does Maclin not get mentioned here? Easily their best receiver. And Brent Celek.

Good point.....Maclin, Celek

I don't care what anyone says, Werner can be a very productive pass rusher, and I can see him getting 9-11 sacks a year in his prime, just because you aren't an athletic freak, doesn't mean you can't be a good pass rusher.

But most edge rushers are very athletic

And Zach Ertz

Why not? He ain't no rookie he need to step it up this season....3 sacks won't get it done this year

He has 12 sacks in his career and thats with starting 39 games....He has never had a season of more then 3 sacks

It's completely delusional to think that Werner is going to "step it up" and replace anything Mathis contributed to the Colts.  Without Mathis Colts will lose to the Broncos guaranteed and will probably lose to the Eagles. This team just cannot catch a break.

It's completely delusional to think that Werner is going to "step it up" and replace anything Mathis contributed to the Colts.  Without Mathis Colts will lose to the Broncos guaranteed and will probably lose to the Eagles. This team just cannot catch a break.

Lets go on to full on panic mode just yet...Though there is a cause for concern or at the very least to wonder where the pressures and sacks come from

I'm not saying he's going to tear it up, but there are plenty of guys who have irrelevant rookie years and come out on fire in year two. Most guys make their biggest improvements between year one and year two.

Why not? He ain't no rookie he need to step it up this season....3 sacks won't get it done this year

He has never been a pass rusher. You can't expect a player to snap his fingers and be something he has never been.

The suspension of Mathis may be a positive both this year and for the future. Short term, I believe that Mathis only being able to play 12 regular season games will help to keep his legs "fresh" for the post season. Long term, this will allow Grigs to assess the team"s long term replacements for Mathis.

The suspension of Mathis may be a positive both this year and for the future. Short term, I believe that Mathis only being able to play 12 regular season games will help to keep his legs "fresh" for the post season. Long term, this will allow Grigs to assess the team"s long term replacements for Mathis.

I like your positive look on it!

Well that's what he's here for now what he did in the past has been done new team new role play he's got to be ready for it

Good luck with that, but I guessing his role isn't going to change from what he did last yr.

Lets go on to full on panic mode just yet...Though there is a cause for concern or at the very least to wonder where the pressures and sacks come from

Didn't know it was full panic mode to say the Colts will go 3-1 or 2-2 in the first 4 games. Also didn't know it was full panic to say that the Colts will lose to one of the best teams in the NFL.