Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Any thoughts on what trade value, if any, he may have?

I would like to think he might bring a 5th rounder, but given the WR depth in this draft I may be wrong. I like the guy well enough, but with the logjam at WR and needs elsewhere, I would rather we trade him.

I would prefer to keep Da'Rick Rogers. There should be some great WR competition in camp this year. A full offseason and training camp with the Colts should do wonders for Rogers.

I'd doubt he has that much value, I was thinking possibly packaging him and our 5th to move up late 4th if there is a DB prospect we want.  Maybe a team like the panthers would make sense.

Actually since they are a end of the 4th round team and desperately need receivers I could see the Panthers accepting that, maybe.

Any thoughts on what trade value, if any, he may have?

I would like to think he might bring a 5th rounder, but given the WR depth in this draft I may be wrong. I like the guy well enough, but with the logjam at WR and needs elsewhere, I would rather we trade him.

I would prefer to keep Da'Rick Rogers. There should be some great WR competition in camp this year. A full offseason and training camp with the Colts should do wonders for Rogers.

Well lets see...Stevie Johnson was worth a 4th rounder and he's miles above LaVon Brazill. No team is going to trade a draft pick for a player who has 23 catches in 2 years and a drug suspension to his name.

Well lets see...Stevie Johnson was worth a 4th rounder and he's miles above LaVon Brazill. No team is going to trade a draft pick for a player who has 23 catches in 2 years and a drug suspension to his name.

Stevie Johnson also has a much larger contract and is coming off a couple underwhelming seasons.

Brazill has 2 years left on his 6th round rookie deal. He has shown potential these last 2 years and has playoff experience to boot. I could see a team like the Panthers, Jets, or even Bucs being interested.

We should keep Brazil, he has the speed and potential to be a #3 WR by next year. Wayne and Nicks both have been injured the past couple of years and probably won't be back next year. I think will carry 6 WR's on the roster.

Who do we get rid of then?  Whalen?  

I've not been all that impressed by Brazil.  He's fast and that's about it.  In 2 years he still hasn't made himself into a viable route runner.  

I'd rather keep the guy who can run routes and has good hands then just the guy who can run fast. 

Who do we get rid of then?  Whalen?  

I've not been all that impressed by Brazil.  He's fast and that's about it.  In 2 years he still hasn't made himself into a viable route runner.  

I'd rather keep the guy who can run routes and has good hands then just the guy who can run fast. 

Whalen is not an NFL caliber talent. So easy to replace with another undrafted free agent. Say good bye to Griff.

Stevie Johnson also has a much larger contract and is coming off a couple underwhelming seasons.

Brazill has 2 years left on his 6th round rookie deal. He has shown potential these last 2 years and has playoff experience to boot. I could see a team like the Panthers, Jets, or even Bucs being interested.

I agree , although this draft being loaded with WR's doesn't help. Add Cleveland to the mix. As far as compensation , I would think a 7th would be the ceiling with a condition 7th the floor. 

Not a chance, I'd bet my house that he isn't traded for anything more than a conditional 7th pick, if that. "Playoff Experience" is something the fans might find valuable but I doubt that a GM would put much stock into it during a trade.

I don't think we needed a receiver. I don't think Brazil has much trade value, maybe a 6 or 7th, MAYBE. A lot of competition in the wide receiver corp. Maybe the staff isn't crazy about Rodgers? I think you can only keep 5! Other than PR duties I see way for Whalen to make the team. Maybe they trade Rodgers? Hell IDK???????? Confused honestly. Should have taken a DB IMO!

Whalen is not an NFL caliber talent. So easy to replace with another undrafted free agent. Say good bye to Griff.

He arguably made as many plays as anyone other then TY after Wayne went down.  

He's not fast but a good route runner with some sure hands at the NFL min has some value IMO.