Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

the potential of the browns if they draft sammy watkins

the browns already have gordon cameron and now tate. hoyer is more then good enough to be their qb and if not, they can take a AJ or jimmy G or even bridgewater if he falls that far as most are predicting at 26. this could easily be a top 10 offense and they also have two all-pros on their o-line. the browns could be the darkhorse of the AFC

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not so sure since they lost Ray Horton as DC and their biggest issue last year was their secondary outside Joe Haden on D, and their running game on O (I know they did sign donte whitner for their D). Josh Gordon will still see 1-on-1s if they force teams to honor their running game, so its more important for them to shore up their O-line and running game outside the QB position more and they should be able to get quality wideouts in round 2 and 3 if they want.

The running game is important in a division where everyone plays outdoors (that is 8 games right there) and controlling tempo with first downs allows their D to have fresher legs. Sammy Watkins is not going to really help that, IMO.

OL or QB will help the Browns the most in round 1, IMO. RB and WR next. I can see them drafting Jeremy Hill, RB, LSU in round 2 and will have lots to choose from on the WR front from round 2 onwards.

They'll have a better shot at winning their division than they've had in recent history with some top notch receivers and O-lineman on the roster. But I wouldn't consider them the favorite, they still have issues especially on defense.

Literally anybody. 

you dont know that. Id like to see you deal with everything t-rich had to deal with and excel. 9 man boxes, a whole new offense, zero o-line help. then comes the well brown ran with the same line garbage, everyone things brown ran for 1000 yards or something. you think defensives are more interested in stopping luck or brown? quit letting one season cloud your judgement. lynch had the same problems and now look at him

you dont know that. Id like to see you deal with everything t-rich had to deal with and excel. 9 man boxes, a whole new offense, zero o-line help. then comes the well brown ran with the same line garbage, everyone things brown ran for 1000 yards or something. you think defensives are more interested in stopping luck or brown? quit letting one season cloud your judgement. lynch had the same problems and now look at him

Then why did boom herron/tashard choice/brown and bradshaw have similiar numbers behind our o-line and T-RICH stunk it up?  He was more than a full yard per carry off from those guys.

you dont know that.

Yeah I do. 

9 man boxes, a whole new offense, zero o-line help.

9 man boxes? Is this a joke? 

. then comes the well brown ran with the same line garbage, everyone things brown ran for 1000 yards or something.

1000 yards is volume stats and means nothing to me. His YPC wasn't just respectable, it was actually good. One of the highest in the NFL. TRich's was nowhere near that. It was on the opposite level of the spectrum.

you think defensives are more interested in stopping luck or brown?

This works both ways. Do you think defenses were more interested in stopping Luck or Richardson? 

Yeah I do. 

9 man boxes? Is this a joke? 

1000 yards is volume stats and means nothing to me. His YPC wasn't just respectable, it was actually good. One of the highest in the NFL. TRich's was nowhere near that. It was on the opposite level of the spectrum.

This works both ways. Do you think defenses were more interested in stopping Luck or Richardson? 

go look at the type then. defenders were hitting him as soon as he got the ball. brown, bradshaw, and choice were not dealing with that. 

go look at the type then. defenders were hitting him as soon as he got the ball. brown, bradshaw, and choice were not dealing with that.

Because TRich hits the line like his shoes are filled with cement.

you blame trent for getting hit behind the line as soon as he gets the ball. yea that makes sense

Yes, defenses only played well when TRich got the ball. You are just another poster with 1001 excuses for Trent Richardson.

Yes, defenses only played well when TRich got the ball. You are just another poster with 1001 excuses for Trent Richardson.

defensives focused on trent because of his rep. brown was a nobody so defensives didnt tee off on him. also trent came in after thomas got hurt so thats one key lineman that trent never got to run behind

defensives focused on trent because of his rep. brown was a nobody so defensives didnt tee off on him. also trent came in after thomas got hurt so thats one key lineman that trent never got to run behind

His rep? Lol....his rep of being a below average running back? Look, I said on this board that the Browns were fools when they drafted him that high and Grigson was an even bigger fool for that trade and Richardson has done absolutely nothing to make me change my mind. But this subject has been beat to death, so we might as well agree to disagree.

trent fights hard just to get two yards. the holes were never there

We must just admit...we were wrong about him and it probably cost us jimmie ward. I think T-RICH is on a short leash this year and if he continues struggling, he gets yanked for good (i would take a 5th rounder for him) within the first 4 games.

His rep? Lol....his rep of being a below average running back? Look, I said on this board that the Browns were fools when they drafted him that high and Grigson was an even bigger fool for that trade and Richardson has done absolutely nothing to make me change my mind. But this subject has been beat to death, so we might as well agree to disagree.

he scored 11 tds and ran for 100 yards twice against the ravens and steelers

We must just admit...we were wrong about him and it probably cost us jimmie ward. I think T-RICH is on a short leash this year and if he continues struggling, he gets yanked for good (i would take a 5th rounder for him) within the first 4 games.

thank god youre not a gm

I'm struggling to see what seperates Sammy Watkins from Deandre Hopkins? Besides a little speed difference I fell like they are about even but Hopkins runs better routes to me when he was at Clemson. Both have great hands.

I don't see how Watkins is a top 5 prospect and Hopkins was rated at the bottom of the 1st.

The skins drafted morris (rams stacy) in the 6th, i do believe, so talent can be easily had in later rounds of the draft, especially in the RB position. So...yes, a 5th is good for can't get right richardson.

watch this year. you'll see

hoyer was playing great before he got hurt

He only played two full games. No one is ready to call him the guy yet, much less the QB of a top 10 offense. Thats especially true for a guy thats been q career backup. Couldnt even break the starting linup at a team that went through 4 QBs in one year.

falcons did it with julio jones when they already had roddy white

Sammy Watkins, in terms of athletic ability, is not in the same zip code as Julio Jones, IMO.

Plus, like I said, in a WR deep draft, if I had to choose a WR, I'd wait at least till the second of my 2 first round picks.

OL, DL or QB will help the Browns more with pick No.4 than any other position, IMO.