Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kiper/McShay 3 round mock.

Stork I love at 90, Su'a-Filo is more of a day 2 pick then Stork in my opinion, Im not that impressed, Wasn't horrible, But he is a bit slow to adjust to stunts...subsceptable to quick inside moves as well, I think he should be a 3rd round pick in my opinion, Does not stun you with his hand punch and is not a dominant run blocker

I bet he could stun you and me with his hand punch :)

He'd knock the 'sweat' out of us.' sweat?  :)....seriously he still shows by most 1st or 2nd...I will be shocked if he goes to 3rd.

roseville-boxing-academy-punching-techni

As Bill Tobin once said "Who the ____ is BK? haha!  We need an O-Lineman that IS excellent. We sure don`t have one now. 

I too see Gabe as Seriously on Grigs radar at 59. lol 

Hope you watched Grigsons presser. When they turn that card in i just hope they are excited. They know more about these guys and how they fit the scheme so .... May our WANTS FALL!!! :thmup:  :highfive:

I'm just some guy that once played the line and coached it. I know what to look for and i'm sure the colt's do too. I can only hope, we don't pass on an elite guard talent, just because we're unsure of delano howell. That would make me ill. Howell is good enough for a year, in my opinion...at least.

If the BPA is jimmie ward, then i'm fine with it, but if not, then i might have a major bone to pick, if jackson's still on the board and we go in a different direction.

Every year there are a ton of fans that have bones to pick with the draft.  Personally, I'd rather go Attaochu or Van Noy if either are available over Jackson but that's just me.

I do agree that SB's are won in the trenches and I'd love to have the best OL possible.  However, I disagree with you on Thomas...well not so much disagree as think that the jury is still out.  However I definitely think the Colts disagree with your opinion on Thomas.  I absolutely do not think they would have given him the contract that they did with the expectation that his ceiling is as a very good backup.  Thomas will be the starting LG if healthy...I think that's pretty much a guarantee.  

Bottom line is that I think the Colts are happy with the current starters on the OL...Castonzo-Thomas-Holmes-Thornton-Cherilus.  I definitely think more guys will be brought in but if they're happy with these guys as starters then I don't see them taking OL in the 2nd or 3rd round unless that guy is the overwhelmingly best player available at the time.

Thomas had never been a starter one would think for some REASON. He had proven positional versatility and came at a reasonable FA price and, i am sure this guy knows he was brought in to start, even with his known limitations.

Thomas is also no guarantee to be at 100% come Sept. So drafting a guy with a higher upside who would start in 2015 and play for $MILLIONS less, guarantee that idea is seriously on the radar.

Thomas had never been a starter one would think for some REASON. He had proven positional versatility and came at a reasonable FA price and, i am sure this guy knows he was brought in to start, even with his known limitations.

Thomas is also no guarantee to be at 100% come Sept. So drafting a guy with a higher upside who would start in 2015 and play for $MILLIONS less, guarantee that idea is seriously on the radar.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Thomas is irreplaceable by any means.  I also realize he may not be 100%.  If they think there's any chance he won't be 100% by training camp then that definitely changes draft priorities.  However if they are confident that Thomas will be 100% then I stand by what I said previously in that I would be surprised if they took an OG in the 2nd round.  Not saying they shouldn't...only that I'd be surprised if they did.

I'm just some guy that once played the line and coached it. I know what to look for and i'm sure the colt's do too. I can only hope, we don't pass on an elite guard talent, just because we're unsure of delano howell. That would make me ill. Howell is good enough for a year, in my opinion...at least.

Gotta laugh. You must know more than ALL the NFL`s GM`s as Warford was Exceptional and it seems ZERO of them were smart enough to see it.

So if we grade a S at 90 and Gabe at 86 you would be ill if they follow their board?

Just wonder if you like any of the G`s who should be available near our 90 pick. Like Dozier, Brandon Thomas, Trai Turner.

I`m thinking one of these guys should develope into a VG OG.

Gotta laugh. You must know more than ALL the NFL`s GM`s as Warford was Exceptional and it seems ZERO of them were smart enough to see it.

So if we grade a S at 90 and Gabe at 86 you would be ill if they follow their board?

Just wonder if you like any of the G`s who should be available near our 90 pick. Like Dozier, Brandon Thomas, Trai Turner.

I like the thomas pick, but he's a wait and see pick for next year and we're in the WIN now mode, with luck's big contract...LOOMING. I would like the thomas pick in later rounds, if he's still there...of course. Yes, i did predict the warford pick exactly correct.

I could have sworn you liked Warford too.  I was one of the dumb non-GMs that loved Warford.  I guess that was wrong... :spit:

I could have sworn you liked Warford too.  I was one of the dumb non-GMs that loved Warford.  I guess that was wrong... :spit:

Definitely remember all his love here and looked him over.

Were you a draft him in the 1st guy? We all wanted O-Line so bad how could you blame anyone for a 1st rd OL pick, Warford or another.

And I have suggested several times on here lately, in a re-draft Warford WAS the right guy for us and that Mcgruber should not have been on the Roster. An F for our GM on that one. As i wear my GM hat sideways. :D 

I think that I suggested giving up this years two to get him last year, IF our GM graded him that well.

There will be Plenty of Loved players that fans will protest about Grigs failure to draft them. That do not turn out to be that good.

I like Montori Hughes chances of signing an A Jones like contract when his time comes. Who knows?

Were you a draft him in the 1st guy? We all wanted O-Line so bad how could you blame anyone for a 1st rd OL pick, Warford or another.

And I have suggested several times on here lately, in a re-draft Warford WAS the right guy for us and that Mcgruber should not have been on the Roster. An F for our GM on that one. As i wear my GM hat sideways. :D 

I think that I suggested giving up this years two to get him last year, IF our GM graded him that well.

There will be Plenty of Loved players that fans will protest about Grigs failure to draft them. That do not turn out to be that good.

I like Montori Hughes chances of signing an A Jones like contract when his time comes. Who knows?

I do admit I still went defense with my pick last year....and I said last week I was way off...:)

There were some great debates/arguments here for sure as to Warford.

That is what makes this so fun...we love to be right....and most hate to be wrong...

I find it hilarious if I drop the ball....like when I called Toler James the other day... :funny:

He was my guy pre-draft to look at where we got him...one of my small school guys.  If he gets better....he can be scary with his size and athleticism.  Now he has Jones and Redding leading the defense. :thmup:

Thomas started in Miami for some years if I'm not mistaken

The point, though, is that EVERYONE passed on Warford. Twice. Evidently, not a single team had a first round grade on him. Couple that with us not having a second rounder, and it's pretty clear why we didn't draft him.

Thomas started in Miami for some years if I'm not mistaken

I looked it up...he was an immediate starter for the Phins and was injured in his first game....really was not much of anything until BB got him for the Pats.  Played very well backing up Logan Mankins while starting in his place.

Edited by BrentMc11

The point, though, is that EVERYONE passed on Warford. Twice. Evidently, not a single team had a first round grade on him. Couple that with us not having a second rounder, and it's pretty clear why we didn't draft him.

I did not have him with our pick either as I stated...loved him though.

I think it shows that some of the 1st rounders sometimes are not as good as they project, and you can get solid guys later..and even UFAs.

I looked it up...he was an immediate starter for the Phils and was injured in his first game....really was not much of anything until BB got him for the Pats. Played very well backing up Logan Mankins while starting in his place.

Yea I remember reading that now, I must be thinking about the following season because I remember him starting quite a few games in Miami

I did not have him with our pick either as I stated...loved him though.

I think it shows that some of the 1st rounders sometimes are not as good as they project, and you can get solid guys later..and even UFAs.

Yup. Warford had a better year than any other rookie lineman last season. He would have been worthy of a first round pick. Another third rounder who outplayed his fellow rookies and his draft status is Keenan Allen. Just goes to show that the draft isn't an exact science, and there's tons of value in middle rounds.

And while Detroit and San Diego will get credit for those picks, and rightfully so, they both passed on those players for guys who didn't perform as well in 2013. 

I do admit I still went defense with my pick last year....and I said last week I was way off... :)

There were some great debates/arguments here for sure as to Warford.

That is what makes this so fun...we love to be right....and most hate to be wrong...

I find it hilarious if I drop the ball....like when I called Toler James the other day... :funny:

Miss naming things just for fun is always good for a laugh, not so much here infortunately. see what i did. ;)

Yea I remember reading that now, I must be thinking about the following season because I remember him starting quite a few games in Miami

Miami released him before the next season, he had a one game career for them, Thomas was signed by Detroit and never made the active roster that season, 2010.

Miami released him before the next season, he had a one game career for them, Thomas was signed by Detroit and never made the active roster that season, 2010.

Well NFL.com has him of starting 12 games in 2009, one game in 2008, released in 2010

Pro Football Reference says the same thing as well

I have been reading lots about the guards in this draft and one thing really stood out to me about Trai. If you read his overview on NFL.COM, the last bit is very interesting. "might be an even better center than guard in NFL". Since he is already a great poer blocker at guard, maybe center he will really shine

We passed on warford (whom i predicted as a probowl talent) and jackson's a similiar player. I know it's not a sexy pick, but luck's our franchise and he can raise andrew up to another level ( and help us get more production from T-RICH ) .

We did not pass on Warford.  The Colts had no 2nd round pick (Vontae Davis) and Warford was gone by the time we picked in the 3rd round.  We could have had him in the 1st, instead of Werner.

I bet he could stun you and me with his hand punch :)

He'd knock the 'sweat' out of us.' sweat?   :)....seriously he still shows by most 1st or 2nd...I will be shocked if he goes to 3rd.

roseville-boxing-academy-punching-techni

Nah I agree he wot go in the 3rd but I like Gabe better

Sua Filo is much better than Gabe Jackson

I think so too....   but the chances that XSF is around at 59 are incredibly small.

The chances that Gabe Jackson is there are 59 might be somewhere around 50-50.

So, it doesn't matter that XSF is better if he's not available.......

I think so too.... but the chances that XSF is around at 59 are incredibly small.

The chances that Gabe Jackson is there are 59 might be somewhere around 50-50.

So, it doesn't matter that XSF is better if he's not available.......

Yea I agree but I was just going with the hypothetical which was Kiper/McShay mock draft which had us with Filo

Yea I agree but I was just going with the hypothetical which was Kiper/McShay mock draft which had us with Filo

Yeah....   I confess that one surprised me....  and I think it surprised Mel and Todd as well.

In all the mocks I've seen -- way, way too many! -- that's the first time XSF has fallen all the way to 59.    Typically most mocks don't have him even reaching 50.      Most have him going by pick 40...   some by 45...  and most all of them by pick 50.

But 59?     Wow, I sure didn't see that coming....

I'd be perfectly fine if he falls that far and we grab him....

Sua Filo is much better than Gabe Jackson

I wouldn't be upset if we drafted Gabe Jackson I think he will be a solid NFL OL. But he is very slow,heavy footed, and not a very good athlete. But he makes up for a lot of that with good instincts. He also has good balance and length.

Yeah I agree without a doubt, he is not close to the lineman Su'a -Filo is.