Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kiper/McShay 3 round mock.

Stork I love at 90, Su'a-Filo is more of a day 2 pick then Stork in my opinion, Im not that impressed, Wasn't horrible, But he is a bit slow to adjust to stunts...subsceptable to quick inside moves as well, I think he should be a 3rd round pick in my opinion, Does not stun you with his hand punch and is not a dominant run blocker

Stork I love at 90, Su'a-Filo is more of a day 2 pick then Stork in my opinion, Im not that impressed, Wasn't horrible, But he is a bit slow to adjust to stunts...subsceptable to quick inside moves as well, I think he should be a 3rd round pick in my opinion, Does not stun you with his hand punch and is not a dominant run blocker

What, Su'a-Filo a 3rd round pick??? He is the best run and pass blocking G in the draft.

And he is far from slow, had one of the fastest 40 time at the combine for OG/C 5.04 and the quickest shuttle time.

He missed two years of football serving a Mormon mission that put him behind a bit until the 2012 season. But is back up to strength.

That's one reason why he moved from LT too LG. He was also the only true freshman OL to start for UCLA at LT.

Maylock says hes very quick out of his stance and can adjust to any blocking scheme. And rarely gets beat.

Yankey is good also I would take either or one and two but Su'a-Filo is the better athlete at G.

What, Su'a-Filo a 3rd round pick??? He is the best run and pass blocking G in the draft.

And he is far from slow, had one of the fastest 40 time at the combine for OG/C 5.04 and the quickest shuttle time.

He missed two years of football serving a Mormon mission that put him behind a bit until the 2012 season. But is back up to strength.

That's one reason why he moved from LT too LG. He was also the only true freshman OL to start for UCLA at LT.

Maylock says hes very quick out of his stance and can adjust to any blocking scheme. And rarely gets beat.

Yankey is good also I would take either or one and two but Su'a-Filo is the better athlete at G.

He got moved from LT to LG because he was not good at all at LT, A  fast 40 doesn't mean anything when it comes to him being able to pick up his feet and being able to get to the 2nd level or being able to block Linebackers and D linemen on the move, Jackson is better then both Yankey and Su'a-Filo

Stork I love at 90, Su'a-Filo is more of a day 2 pick then Stork in my opinion, Im not that impressed, Wasn't horrible, But he is a bit slow to adjust to stunts...subsceptable to quick inside moves as well, I think he should be a 3rd round pick in my opinion, Does not stun you with his hand punch and is not a dominant run blocker

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/bryan-stork?id=2543584

this has Stork as a 7th round pick or free agent. Looks like he's hurt quite a bit as well. Just what we need.

I mentioned in another thread I liked Stork a lot.  While he needs more leg strength, he is an excellent leader.  I really like the fact that he was a leader of an offense that won the National Championship!  A winner.  At 90?  HMMMM....BPA for me.

Could we get the big fella from UCLA?  He says he can play anywhere?  GUARD!!  He is a nasty fella...would be nice inside.  Once Thornton gets more seasoning...we would have double nasty out there.  I do not think he will be available to us, but I love the guy.  (Notice I did not type his name....would have taken me 20 minutes to edit.)   haha

I was one on here that praised Warford up until the draft...Love the guy!

We passed on warford (whom i predicted as a probowl talent) and jackson's a similiar player. I know it's not a sexy pick, but luck's our franchise and he can raise andrew up to another level ( and help us get more production from T-RICH ) .

I would be really surprised to see Grigson go OL with the 2nd and 3rd round picks after spending a 3 and 4 on the OL last year.  I'm not saying I would hate it, I just don't see it.  Personally I think the most likely scenario is the first 2 picks will be a Safety and OLB.

May i ask you guy's a question?...................

Whom do we have at guard currently? Louis, thornton and thomas and these dude's are injury prone and question marks galore. I'm sorry, i lack faith in this group. We need help...badly. PERIOD.  Do you want to see andrew smashed 75 times or T-RICH running in the back of a third string guard all year? I CERTAINLY DON'T.

Whom do we have at guard currently? Louis, thornton and thomas and these dude's are injury prone and question marks galore. I'm sorry, i lack faith in this group. We need help...badly. PERIOD.  Do you want to see andrew smashed 75 times or T-RICH running in the back of a third string guard all year? I CERTAINLY DON'T.

Reitz can play guard and LT, and Xavier Nixon can play guard and RT...some of the others are no names for now. 

Reitz too has been injury prone as we know.  Nixon played hard in his stint last year, but seemed way out of shape.  He did pretty darned well IMO.

Reitz can play guard and LT, and Xavier Nixon can play guard and RT...some of the others are no names for now. 

Reitz too has been injury prone as we know.  Nixon played hard in his stint last year, but seemed way out of shape.  He did pretty darned well IMO.

How does thornton, jackson, thomas, reitz and nixon sound??? MUCH BETTER. I can sleep (rest easier)  with that group.

How does thornton, jackson, thomas, reitz and nixon sound??? MUCH BETTER. I can sleep (rest easier)  with that group.

Thornton gets better with age (and meaner) and needs to be at RG...with a healthy Thomas NEEDED.

If a Jackson or Trai Turner is drafted...they would add to that mix.

As Grigs mentioned, if healthy Thomas can play center....Louis can play center as well if he HAS to.  I say solid with additions BK.  I am sure i will have SOME pushback :)

Thornton gets better with age (and meaner) and needs to be at RG...with a healthy Thomas NEEDED.

If a Jackson or Trai Turner is drafted...they would add to that mix.

As Grigs mentioned, if healthy Thomas can play center....Louis can play center as well if he HAS to.  I say solid with additions BK.  I am sure i will have SOME pushback :)

I know my selection of gabe isn't SEXY, but it has to be done. This is where true SUPERBOWL contention is created...at the line. I think jackson's a top 15 guard from day one, with a huge ceiling. He was built for power man blocking.

I know my selection of gabe isn't SEXY, but it has to be done. This is where true SUPERBOWL contention is created...at the line. I think jackson's a top 15 guard from day one, with a huge ceiling. He was built for power man blocking.

I do like him as well...really like him.

I do like him as well...really like him.

If both ward and jackson are available at 59...whom do we take? The colt's will take ward, but i would still take jackson...no question about it. I think there's not much difference between jimmie ward and johnathan dowling, to be honest with you. In fact, i think dowling has a higher ceiling, but he's FEAST or FAMINE, with his personality.

Sorry....I have to go Ward too.  HUGE need.  Dowling will be a good one too I believe.

Like I said in the other thread, I do NOT want secondary picks at both picks at 59 and 90....that is not the way I roll :)

I think Ward's a safe pick that fills a need, but if we're going BPA, i still have jackson over him. I think ward's an above average guy and jackson's a pro-bowl guard. I'm happy with both, but jackson's my guy, if it were up to me, but it's not. If we can swing either guy, then it's a colt's success in my opinion. I'm happy! COLT'S STRONG!

I think Ward's a safe pick that fills a need, but if we're going BPA, i still have jackson over him. I think ward's an above average guy and jackson's a pro-bowl guard. I'm happy with both, but jackson's my guy, if it were up to me, but it's not. If we can swing either guy, then it's a colt's success in my opinion. I'm happy! COLT'S STRONG!

I will not be heartbroken either way....I am one who agrees with Jackson...yet he DOES need to work on technique.  Brute strength is not the only requirement in the NFL. :thmup:

Except NONE of them are injury prone!

Would Love to see TRICH running behind Nixon, and Reitz beside Castonzo was good enough.

Of course agree 100% about our O-Line need and I feel confident Grigson is all over adding a G/C -CG of Quality.

The draft may not fall that way for us so our many Millions of remaining Cap leaves us well prepared for trade opportunities and post June 1 cuts.

I will not be heartbroken either way....I am one who agrees with Jackson...yet he DOES need to work on technique.  Brute strength is not the only requirement in the NFL. :thmup:

But in our power man system,...it certainly helps.  And we need some nasty HOGS upfront for a change! And if we can swing russell bodine (later rounds) , to add with jackson, then i'm on cloud nine! NASTY...IS GOOD.

Except NONE of them are injury prone!

Would Love to see TRICH running behind Nixon, and Reitz beside Castonzo was good enough.

Of course agree 100% about our O-Line need and I feel confident Grigson is all over adding a G/C -CG of Quality.

The draft may not fall that way for us so our many Millions of remaining Cap leaves us well prepared for trade opportunities and post June 1 cuts.

Louis and thomas are constantly injured ( i'll give thornton a rookie pass this time) . The guard spots...both of them are HUGE question marks. We need solid dependable contributors on our line.

top 15. hahaha! Dude you are ....  a Zealot!  Nobody got hurt tho. :cheer2:

But in our power man system,...it certainly helps.  And we need some nasty HOGS upfront for a change! And if we can swing russell bodine (later rounds) , to add with jackson, then i'm on cloud nine! NASTY...IS GOOD.

The meaner the better IMO...I am an old Conrad Dobler guy....HA HA!

dobler.jpg

Louis and thomas are constantly injured ( i'll give thornton a rookie pass this time) . The guard spots...both of them are HUGE question marks. We need solid dependable contributors on our line.

To be fair, Louis was cheap shot by Jared Allen to blow out his knee...so 'constantly' is not the right word.  He and Thomas are 'coming off of' injuries.

Thornton started out well last season until pesky injuries set him back.  He played hurt most of the year.  I am still supporting him as RG.

Reitz has between oft-injured, but as BBs says he and AC work very well together if needed in Thomas's absence.

To be fair, Louis was cheap shot by Jared Allen to blow out his knee...so 'constantly' is not the right word.  He and Thomas are 'coming off of' injuries.

Thornton started out well last season until pesky injuries set him back.  He played hurt most of the year.  I am still supporting him as RG.

Reitz has between oft-injured, but as BBs says he and AC work very well together if needed in Thomas's absence.

Louis was good (well, the healthy version) .And thomas is nothing more than a very good back- up, in my book. So i have my doubts about louis, thomas, thornton and reitz. I don't want any of these guys protecting andrew luck for more than a couple of games. Gabe jackson...is the pick, if available. I can only hope grig's see's it as well.

He got moved from LT to LG because he was not good at all at LT, A  fast 40 doesn't mean anything when it comes to him being able to pick up his feet and being able to get to the 2nd level or being able to block Linebackers and D linemen on the move, Jackson is better then both Yankey and Su'a-Filo

He started at LT as a true freshman of course he struggled . After a two year mission trip he was too far behind and moved to LG.

I know he has weaknesses all prospects do most of his can be fixed.

I understand it's only our opinions but he is far from a 3rd round pick.

Louis was good (well, the healthy version) .And thomas is nothing more than a very good back- up, in my book. So i have my doubts about louis, thomas, thornton and reitz. I don't want any of these guys protecting andrew luck for more than a couple of games. Gabe jackson...is the pick, if available. I can only hope grig's see's it as well.

I do agree that SB's are won in the trenches and I'd love to have the best OL possible.  However, I disagree with you on Thomas...well not so much disagree as think that the jury is still out.  However I definitely think the Colts disagree with your opinion on Thomas.  I absolutely do not think they would have given him the contract that they did with the expectation that his ceiling is as a very good backup.  Thomas will be the starting LG if healthy...I think that's pretty much a guarantee.  

Bottom line is that I think the Colts are happy with the current starters on the OL...Castonzo-Thomas-Holmes-Thornton-Cherilus.  I definitely think more guys will be brought in but if they're happy with these guys as starters then I don't see them taking OL in the 2nd or 3rd round unless that guy is the overwhelmingly best player available at the time.

I do agree that SB's are won in the trenches and I'd love to have the best OL possible.  However, I disagree with you on Thomas...well not so much disagree as think that the jury is still out.  However I definitely think the Colts disagree with your opinion on Thomas.  I absolutely do not think they would have given him the contract that they did with the expectation that his ceiling is as a very good backup.  Thomas will be the starting LG if healthy...I think that's pretty much a guarantee.  

Bottom line is that I think the Colts are happy with the current starters on the OL...Castonzo-Thomas-Holmes-Thornton-Cherilus.  I definitely think more guys will be brought in but if they're happy with these guys as starters then I don't see them taking OL in the 2nd or 3rd round unless that guy is the overwhelmingly best player available at the time.

If the BPA is jimmie ward, then i'm fine with it, but if not, then i might have a major bone to pick, if jackson's still on the board and we go in a different direction.

He's top 15...day one. I'm confident in that.

As Bill Tobin once said "Who the ____ is BK? haha!  We need an O-Lineman that IS excellent. We sure don`t have one now. 

I too see Gabe as Seriously on Grigs radar at 59. lol 

Hope you watched Grigsons presser. When they turn that card in i just hope they are excited. They know more about these guys and how they fit the scheme so .... May our WANTS FALL!!! :thmup:  :highfive: