Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Do we have the best WR corps in the league?

So lets assume some things, lets assume Hakeem Nicks forgets about his rough past year and plays like he did before, Reggie fully recovers from his torn ACL with some gas left in the tank, and Hilton picks up where he left off, would we have the best WR corps in the league? I would say yes, Hilton can beat double coverage, Wayne can, and Nicks can, how many teams have 3 different wide receivers capable of beating double teams?! Not to mention they can't double team all 3!  :td:

If everyone is healthy, I would say we are likely top 5.  Don't forget about Julio/Roddy/Harry Douglas in Atlanta, and the stacked group in Denver

Atlanta's is stacked true, Denver's is also really good, but I like our's better. I would take Hilton, Wayne, and Nicks over Welker, Thomas, and Sanders, especially with Welker disappearing in the playoffs. 

If everyone is healthy, I would say we are likely top 5.  Don't forget about Julio/Roddy/Harry Douglas in Atlanta, and the stacked group in Denver

the only player that is a threat in denver is d.thomas. welker is getting old, sanders is meh, and j.thomas is a product of peyton

the only player that is a threat in denver is d.thomas. welker is getting old, sanders is meh, and j.thomas is a product of peyton

I wouldn't say Welker is no good.  Wayne is older than Welker, and Welker put up 73/778/10 in 13 games last year.  Sanders put up 67/740/6 and those stats are sure to rise because of Peyton.

... and plays to their past performances... 

Given those assumptions, and they're very big assumptions, I have to totally agree with the OP.  Our TE's (and our QBs ability to get them the ball) have to put us at the top.

(Of course, none of this matters if the interior line doesn't give Andrew time to throw)

The first two teams have lost key guys, the last team is getting back veterans and added talent.

just sayin...

I wouldn't call Decker a key guy. Peyton just made him an all star talent. Falcons haven't lost anyone at receiver this offseason. 

I wouldn't call Decker a key guy. Peyton just made him an all star talent. Falcons haven't lost anyone at receiver this offseason.

Again, just my humble homer opinion. I was talking about Gonzales with the Falcons.

Again, just my humble homer opinion. I was talking about Gonzales with the Falcons.

Well BlueCollarColts is talking about wide receivers. I haven't followed the Falcons that much last season so I'm not sure if Gonzo was a TE or a WR. 

Well BlueCollarColts is talking about wide receivers. I haven't followed the Falcons that much last season so I'm not sure if Gonzo was a TE or a WR.

True. Then the discussion turned to receivers, including TEs. IMHO, Gonzales is a first ballot HoFer and was a big part of the Falcons game. Injuries riddled that team as bad as ours, yet we managed to win a playoff game while they tanked.

This is a moot point until we see what Reggie, Allen and Nicks really do on the field. But I like our receivers better than anyone's.

Atlanta's is stacked true, Denver's is also really good, but I like our's better. I would take Hilton, Wayne, and Nicks over Welker, Thomas, and Sanders, especially with Welker disappearing in the playoffs. 

Welker disappearing in the playoffs was more to do with the defense the Broncos were playing.

I wouldn't call Decker a key guy. Peyton just made him an all star talent. Falcons haven't lost anyone at receiver this offseason

So 2,352 yards and 24 TDs in two seasons is not key?? Next thing you will say is Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne were not key players. Manning wouldn't be throwing the ball to someone who couldn't catch it.

So 2,352 yards and 24 TDs in two seasons is not key?? Next thing you will say is Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne were not key players. Manning wouldn't be throwing the ball to someone who couldn't catch it.

Have you seen Eric Decker with Tebow?

He was almost unknown. I am just saying that Decker won't make a big impact with the Jets.

He was almost unknown. I am just saying that Decker won't make a big impact with the Jets.

Tebow?? You really thought he was a QB?? That's funny being no one in the whole league thinks he was or is one. The only reason he won't make an impact in NY is the lack of a decent QB.

calvin johnson, larry fitzgerald, reggie wayne, aj green, look at what josh gordon did with no qb

Lets look- Megatron, Stafford has thrown for 14,655 yards and 90 TDs in three years. So you saying Stafford is no good is wrong. Fitz, has 1,752 yards and 14 TDs the last 2 seasons. So without a good QB his numbers are really bad considering how great he is suppose to be. Wayne, So Manning and Luck are not good QBs? Really? Green, the year before Dalton arrived-1,057 yards with 7TDs. Since Dalton-  1776 yards and 22 TDs in 2 seasons. So that means he more than tripled his TDs with Dalton. Gordon- Suspended for weed. 1st year- 805 yards and 5 TDs. 2nd-1646 yards and 9 TDs. Weedon- 5116 yards and 23 TDs after missing 8 games. So I must respectfully disagree with your comment.  

Stafford is an average QB in a wide open offense. Fitz has produced even with garbage qbs. Wayne had almost 1000 yards in 2011 disaster season. Gordon had three qbs in 2013 and still dominated

Lets look- Megatron, Stafford has thrown for 14,655 yards and 90 TDs in three years. So you saying Stafford is no good is wrong. Fitz, has 1,752 yards and 14 TDs the last 2 seasons. So without a good QB his numbers are really bad considering how great he is suppose to be. Wayne, So Manning and Luck are not good QBs? Really? Green, the year before Dalton arrived-1,057 yards with 7TDs. Since Dalton- 1776 yards and 22 TDs in 2 seasons. So that means he more than tripled his TDs with Dalton. Gordon- Suspended for weed. 1st year- 805 yards and 5 TDs. 2nd-1646 yards and 9 TDs. Weedon- 5116 yards and 23 TDs after missing 8 games. So I must respectfully disagree with your comment.

Dalton has been the starter since Green has been there.

Unknown is one thing. But 600 yards with 8 TDs is decent production for a second year player catching balls from a sloppy QB who only throws the ball 19 times a game. Our offense would have been much better last year if we had gotten that out of DHB, not to mention one of the second year guys. Decker isn't a superstar, and is probably not a #1 receiver, but he's a solid player who will probably still be pretty good without Manning. 

If you call losing Decker and picking up Sanders losing key guys I don't agree.

Wait, you're disagreeing with me that a Decker was a key guy, then you're disagreeing with MTC saying he was?

You're agreeing to disagree with yourself? I don't know if I agree or disagree with that. But carry on.

No, I don't think we have the top WR corp in the league.

But it's easily in the top-8, and it might be in the top-4.....

If you include our TE group and guys who can catch out of the backfield,  then our group gets even stronger....   but I still don't think it's the best....   and I don't think it matters.

Because we have Andrew Luck.

Given that we're only in year 3 of Building the Monster,  we've got a good group for him to throw to.....   and it will get better in time...

Wait, you're disagreeing with me that a Decker was a key guy, then you're disagreeing with MTC saying he was?

You're agreeing to disagree with yourself? I don't know if I agree or disagree with that. But carry on.

I am sorry you missed the sarcasm in my comment.

Decker was on the Broncos when Tebow was there?

I thought he was a rookie when Peyton went to Denver

Hmm, learn something new everyday