Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I want Lamarcus Joyner

I don't care how tall he is, or how much he weighs, or his 40 time,  I didn't do too much scouting this year, but last year I scouted this guy, and I've been watching him since high school. When your breakdown tape against the no. 3 team in the country looks like a striaght highlight realm..

I mean, A year after Mathieu and Russel Wilson, were still having this Height Conversations.

and for those that like hits

There are always going to be height conversations....   especially as the height of WR's is getting taller and taller.

It's not impossible for a 5'8" corner/safety to be effective...   but it is hard...   and most can't do it.    They have to have other skills to make up for height...

Speed...  quickness...   loose hips...   light feet....   leaping ability...   long arms and big hands...   anticipation...   being fearless... and being competitive....    All sorts of qualities factor in when you're shorter than desired.

That said....   Mayock, who himself was a pro DB, loves, loves this kid.   Says he's a low-1, high 2....   

So, he's on my radar....

I don't care how tall he is, or how much he weighs, or his 40 time,  I didn't do too much scouting this year, but last year I scouted this guy, and I've been watching him since high school. When your breakdown tape against the no. 3 team in the country looks like a striaght highlight realm..

I mean, A year after Mathieu and Russel Wilson, were still having this Height Conversations....

I am on board

There are always going to be height conversations....   especially as the height of WR's is getting taller and taller.

It's not impossible for a 5'8" corner/safety to be effective...   but it is hard...   and most can't do it.    They have to have other skills to make up for height...

Speed...  quickness...   loose hips...   light feet....   leaping ability...   long arms and big hands...   anticipation...   being fearless... and being competitive....    All sorts of qualities factor in when you're shorter than desired.

That said....   Mayock, who himself was a pro DB, loves, loves this kid.   Says he's a low-1, high 2....   

So, he's on my radar....

Yup. A smaller corner might not have made the play on Crabtree that Sherman did to send the Seahawks to the Superbowl. You don't need to be 6'2", but anything smaller than 5'11" and you're not going to make plays like that against a Mike Evans, Vincent Jackson, Calvin Johnson,etc... It's fine when it comes to other players and when dealing with short underneath routes. But do you really want Joyner matched up on Andre Johnson? Imagine him defending a back shoulder throw or a fade in the end-zone.

He makes up for his lack of height with unusually long arms and a great ability to jump. If he gets picked he'd be used against the slot receiver for a couple years until he's ready to be moved outside. The slot is usually a smaller quicker receiver so he'd match up really well against him. I love the kid, he moved to safety to help FSU and played at an All-ACC level. Moved back to CB his senior year and played All ACC there was well..