Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts 2nd Round Pick(Who Would You Take)

As of right now - Safety,, but who knows what will happen in FA.

A QB, TE, RB and WR seems completely out of the question to me, so I would have to say BPA at all other positions..

A lot of posters are calling for a CB. You really think that a CB is that big a need compared to FS?

Other than the first crop of safeties that are going in the 1st early 2nd, the remaining safeties just don't interest me to take in the 2nd, 3rd round yes.

I chose CB Bashaud Breeland because he looks and plays just like Vontae when he was at Illinois and also that Butler is in his last year of his deal and Toler will be 30 after next season. Have to start getting some young talent in that CB group

I keep the faith that between Holmes and Costa we find a half decent starter at least for this year.

I'd pick Deone Bucannon from Washington St. We need a FA more than we need a centre as it stands. I'd look at Stanley Jean-Baptiste in the 3rd but not before.

Gabe Jackson, Jarvis Landry(although I personally don't think we need a WR because if Hakeem Nicks pans out, which I think he will, I would love to sign him long term. We have Da'rick rogers, extremely high ceiling and potential, Whalen, and Brazil.) But I am a huge Jarvis Landry fan. A Center, Dion Bailey or Jimmie Ward. Just anyone that can fill a hole. I trust in Grigson and will be happy with whoever he picks.

Well, Pagano was in LA to watch and interview Marcus Martin, C, USC.  So I'd say if he's available the Colts will pick him.

Really hope they don't draft a center early. Center isn't like WR where you can draft top of the line talent that can start immediately. Its an experience position. I can't think of a Center who would even be guaranteed to be better than Costa who has experience. I'd be okay with Center in round 5 though.

This is a really deep draft, so if we could trade the #2 pick for a 3ed and 4th I'd do it in a heartbeat. With the 3ed I'd target a DE like Aaron Lynch from USF. He's big and strong and runs very very well. He would have been a top 10 pick if he stayed at Notre Dame. With the 4th rounder we'd get I'd take Christian Jones, LB/DE from FSU. Runs like a running back but can hit. Good coverage skills but he's a bit stiff. FSU used him as a DE in pass rushing situations and he performed very well..

Here are the guys I've got my eye on for 2nd and 3rd round picks (in no particular order):

2nd Round
*Terrence Brooks - Most likely the best true free safety on the board at 59 which is an area of need for us.
*Jimmie Ward - A bit undersized at safety but he's skilled and pretty athletic. Probably won't be on the board at 59 but could slide that far.
*Stanely Jean Baptiste - A big corner who is fairly raw but has shown skill and athleticism on the field.
*Keith McGill - A tall corner who has a lot of athletic ability. He has some durability issues and needs some technical refining. 
*Gabe Jackson - A big bodied OG who could slide to 59. With the state of our O-line he's a tempting pick. At nearly 340 pounds he is very powerful (and surprisingly quick, given his size). 
*Lamarucs Joyner - A really good college defensive back, he is undersized but has experience playing both corner and safety.
*David Yankey - A guy who could fill in at OG or OT. He's played in the Stanford system which means for an easy transition with a Stanford offensive coordinator so if we've got him graded high enough to warrant a second round pick and feel he's a plug and play type rather than a project, that would be an advantage.

3rd Round
*Dakota Dozier - An intriguing prospect as an inside offensive lineman. He was a tackle in college but projects as a guard in the NFL - in fact there has even been speculation as to if he could play center. He's looked good in his limited opportunities against higher level talent. His upside is high. 
*Ed Reynolds - A possible answer at safety if it's not addressed with our first pick. Probably will be the best answer on the board for a true safety at pick 90.
*Jaylen Watkins - CB is a need as is FS,  Watkins is a guy who might be able to play either one of those positions at the next level. 
*Billy Turner - He's a guy who is from an NFL family. He played tackle in college, projects to guard in the NFL. He's a bit raw technically but has a ton of upside. 
*Pierre Dessir - A guy who was a big time play maker against a lower level of college competition.
*Donte Moncrief - I know WR is no longer an area of need for us, but if Moncrief fell to us in the 3rd it'd be hard to turn down a player of his ability. He's a guy that I would've considered using our 2nd rounder on before the Nicks signing, he's got a lot of potential.
*Cyril Richardson - A guy who could play at either OG or OT. He's had struggles against speed rushers in the past but he could be a decent G at the NFL level who could kick out to T in a pinch.