Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Need input on mock draft I am participating in

I am participating in a mock draft on another board.

My pick No.59 was Pierre Desir, CB, Lindenwood

I am a few picks away from pick No.90, and since I have more time prior to pick No.90, I had time to put this thread together to get some of your input. The players available that are rated close to No.90 are:

Ka'Deem Carey, RB, Arizona, 5'9", 207

Bishop Sankey, RB, Washington, 5'9", 209

Jaylen Watkins, CB, Florida, 5'11", 194

Trevor Reilly, OLB, Utah, 6'5", 245

Marcus Smith, DE/OLB, Louisville, 6'3", 251

Ego Ferguson, DT, LSU, 6'3", 315

Will Sutton, DT, Arizona State, 6'0", 303

Billy Turner, OT, North Dakota State, 6'5", 315

DaQuan Jones is gone, so are Martavis Bryant, Chris Borland, Yawin Smallwood and Christian Jones

Others that could be a tad reach here that I am considering are:

Jordan Zumwalt, OLB, UCLA, 6'4", 235

Shayne Skov, ILB, Stanford, 6'2", 245

Dion Bailey, FS, USC, 6'0", 201

Charles Sims, RB, West Virginia, 6'0", 214

Let me know which players stand out to you while being available at No.90

I have a funny feeling Smith will be gone.

Shut your mouth!!! :) You can open it again to answer this :).

Who do I go for if Marcus Smith is gone?

Ka'Deem Carey seems to be very good value at No.90. Given Bradshaw's injury history and Ballard's too plus with Donald Brown gone, do I consider him at all?

If Jean Baptiste or Desir are available CBs, I would go that direction with JB being my most preferred. As you can see from the Vontae Davis signing, CBs on the open market demand premium $. Getting a good one on a rookie contract would greatly help with future caps.

Shut your mouth!!! :) You can open it again to answer this :).

Who do I go for if Marcus Smith is gone?

Ka'Deem Carey seems to be very good value at No.90. Given Bradshaw's injury history and Ballard's too plus with Donald Brown gone, do I consider him at all?

I go Bailey too.  I do like Ladler.  I think we are OK at RB with Herron and/or Rainey.

And with the 90th selection of the 2014 NFL Draft Chad72 Grigson selects _______ from ______!! :blueshoe:  :blueshoe:  :blueshoe:  :blueshoe: !!!!

The weird thing is each GM gets an hour for his pick, so I am still waiting on No.87 :), could be a LONG LONG TIME!!!

Takes patience to play in this draft :).

Long nap.....Good choice!

What is funny is that within 7 picks of mine after Marcus Smith, both Dion Bailey and Kenny Ladler are gone. This safety class is not deep in this 2014 draft, so I expect GMs in mock drafts and the real draft alike to reach for safeties a round prior to where they are projected.

What is funny is that within 7 picks of mine after Marcus Smith, both Dion Bailey and Kenny Ladler are gone. This safety class is not deep in this 2014 draft, so I expect GMs in mock drafts and the real draft alike to reach for safeties a round prior to where they are projected.

Interesting Chad...It may turn out that way.  That is why I was wanting them, but when all else goes down...Marcus Smith was the better talent overall.  I went for position need.  It was fun.

I am participating in a mock draft on another board.

My pick No.59 was Pierre Desir, CB, Lindenwood

I am a few picks away from pick No.90, and since I have more time prior to pick No.90, I had time to put this thread together to get some of your input. The players available that are rated close to No.90 are:

Ka'Deem Carey, RB, Arizona, 5'9", 207

Bishop Sankey, RB, Washington, 5'9", 209

Jaylen Watkins, CB, Florida, 5'11", 194

Trevor Reilly, OLB, Utah, 6'5", 245

Marcus Smith, DE/OLB, Louisville, 6'3", 251

Ego Ferguson, DT, LSU, 6'3", 315

Will Sutton, DT, Arizona State, 6'0", 303

Billy Turner, OT, North Dakota State, 6'5", 315

DaQuan Jones is gone, so are Martavis Bryant, Chris Borland, Yawin Smallwood and Christian Jones

Others that could be a tad reach here that I am considering are:

Jordan Zumwalt, OLB, UCLA, 6'4", 235

Shayne Skov, ILB, Stanford, 6'2", 245

Dion Bailey, FS, USC, 6'0", 201

Charles Sims, RB, West Virginia, 6'0", 214

Let me know which players stand out to you while being available at No.90

Was Jimmie Ward available at #59? If so, I'm highly disappointed by your selection.

Was Jimmie Ward available at #59? If so, I'm highly disappointed by your selection.

No, he was not at #59. Jimmie Ward and Deone Buccannon went before #59.  There was a run on tall CBs too, Keith McGill went a few picks after mine, so he was still there and so was Jaylen Watkins and DaQuan Jones (after signing Arthur Jones, was not sure if we wanted to DL so early).  All the RBs were there except Carlos Hyde. DaVante Adams was there but after signing Hakeem Nicks, was not sure if we needed a WR over a defensive player.

Chris Borland, Yawin Smallwood and Christian Jones were all there but I thought it would be a reach getting them there at #59. I felt Pierre Desir has the ceiling to be a starter in about a year or two and with Toler's history and the run on CBs, I had to make a decision. Besides, he was rated round 2 by many sites I saw. I felt it was too early to get Dion Bailey or Kenny Ladler at #59, I did think of Marcus Smith but for some reason, my gut feeling told me he would be available at #90 and he was, at least in the mock draft :), so I got Marcus Smith at #90 (surprisingly, Will Sutton was still on the board).

But you are not the only one disappointed by my #59 selection, I understand. :)