Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If vontae is brought back

12isthenew18

we gotta make sure it's all cap casualty for an inconsistent player so if we get him 10m a year have it very little dead money

If we get him 10m a year what do you think we should do with rest of money.

If we don't I believe we should do this:

With current 37m

WR Hakeem Nicks 2/8m 3m guarenteed Cap Space: 33m

Reason: #2 receiver and would really help us

CB Antonio Cromartie 4/24m 10m guarenteed Cap Space:27m

Reason: Very good player and a leader

Cut Toler Cap Space: 30.5m

Reason: Overpayed and injuired

DT Arthur Jones 4/18m Cap Space: 26.5m

Reason: one of chuck's old guys

CB Asaunte Samuel 1/2m 500k Guarenteed Cap Space: 24.5m

See if he can help this team as a former SB winner

RB/KR/PR Darren Sproles 2/5m 1.5m GuarenteedCap Space: 22m

Reason: Be our danny woodhead a 3rd down back

FS Chris Clemens 5/25m 13m Guarenteed Cap Space: 17m

Reason: Let him cover and Laron tackle

G Chad Rinehart 5/20m 12m Guarenteed Cap Space: 13m

Reason: Make Thornton fight

Cut Ricky Jean Cap Space: 16m 

Reason: Arthur's Spot

Evan Dietrich-Smith 5/20m 13mGuarenteed Cap Space: 12m

Reason: Better then Satele

Draft Picks:

2: trade for browns third rounders

3: Stanley Jean-Baptiste CB

He can split with samuel or cromartie if any injuries occur

3: Daquan Jones DT

Stop Gap and can be a backup

3: Trade to jags for their 4th's and a seventh of theirs 

4: Dion Bailey FS

Depth

4: Deion Belue CB

Depth

5: Michael Schofield OG

Depth

6: L'Damian Washington WR

Tall WR and will be there if injuries occur

7: Chris Boswell K

Adam's Replacement

7: Tajh Boyd QB

3rd QB

7: Jordan Najvar TE

3rd TE

End with like 4.5m in cap for injuries and move to next year

Posted (edited) · Hidden by 21isSuperman, March 9, 2014 - off topic/inappropriate
Hidden by 21isSuperman, March 9, 2014 - off topic/inappropriate

Dear God, would people please stop posting this nonsense. Were not cutting Toler, were not cutting RJF, and were not bringing in has beens to replace guys that are already on the roster and better than some of the names thrown around on this forum

Edited by 21isSuperman
Posted · Hidden by 21isSuperman, March 9, 2014 - response to hidden post
Hidden by 21isSuperman, March 9, 2014 - response to hidden post

Dear God, would people please stop posting this nonsense. Were not cutting Toler, were not cutting RJF, and were not bringing in has beens to replace guys that are already on the roster and better than some of the names thrown around on this forum. Stop pretending you know more than our front office and just let them do their job. If you don't like it go pout about in your mom's basement until you can get over it.

He/she is just providing his/her opinion on what the Colts should do in case Vontae isn't brought back.  If you don't want to read it, don't click the link.  But the user is free to voice his/her opinions and ideas

I'm not interested in Cro, Sproles, or Asante.  I'm not sure if Cro can tackle now, but he sure couldn't tackle during his time in San Diego.  Sproles is more of a luxury, in my opinion.  And Asante is old and far better suited to be a zone corner than a man corner

Edited by 21isSuperman

I know people think Vontae is inconsistent but if you look at all the other corners that people wanted as Colts in free agency, they are as inconsistent as Vontae. Plus they are not as good as run defense which is a major reason Vontae is so high in the PFF ratings. Sam Shields, Brent Grimes, and Alterraun Verner, and DRC are not better than Vontae, and if they were Colts you would see how inconsistent they are. Keep Vontae at any cost.

Posted · Hidden by 21isSuperman, March 9, 2014 - off topic
Hidden by 21isSuperman, March 9, 2014 - off topic

Lol Balzer40 let him speak his opinion don't respond if you don't like it! Relax Balzer40. Actually balzer40 you are correct with your opinion too I'm agree with you but you also sound like an internet punk that won't say what you would say to the OP

Posted · Hidden by 21isSuperman, March 9, 2014 - off topic
Hidden by 21isSuperman, March 9, 2014 - off topic

Lol Balzer40 let him speak his opinion don't respond if you don't like it! Relax Balzer40. Actually balzer40 you are correct with your opinion too I'm agree with you but you also sound like an internet punk that won't say what you would say to the OP in person

Dear God, would people please stop posting this nonsense. Were not cutting Toler, were not cutting RJF, and were not bringing in has beens to replace guys that are already on the roster and better than some of the names thrown around on this forum. Stop pretending you know more than our front office and just let them do their job. If you don't like it go pout about in your mom's basement until you can get over it.

People like you make this community a far worse place to have discussion. He was stating his opinion...he wasn't asking for yours. 

Lol Balzer40 let him speak his opinion don't respond if you don't like it! Relax Balzer40. Actually balzer40 you are correct with your opinion too I'm agree with you but you also sound like an internet punk that won't say what you would say to the OP

Lol Balzer40 let him speak his opinion don't respond if you don't like it! Relax Balzer40. Actually balzer40 you are correct with your opinion too I'm agree with you but you also sound like an internet punk that won't say what you would say to the OP in person

Let's try and make our responses understandable. please?

Folks, let's keep our comments constructive and conducive to discussion.  We don't need people taking personal shots at one another simply because they disagree with each other.  Let's act mature; everyone has a right to post his/her opinions and ideas and if you don't like what is being said, either provide productive comments or ignore the topic

For the most part, I like it. But I do t think we should cut Toler or RJF. They've still got plenty to prove. So without those cuta, a few of the signings can't be made. I'd be fine bringing in Cromartie, Jones (might be too much $), EDC, and maybe Nicks. I really do like the draft picks though, although I'm not as high on Daquan Jones as others. I like Easley and Quarles, and certainly wouldn't mind grabbing a mid round pass rusher like Marcus Smith, or one in the 2nd if one fell to us.

we gotta make sure it's all cap casualty for an inconsistent player so if we get him 10m a year have it very little dead money

If we get him 10m a year what do you think we should do with rest of money.

If we don't I believe we should do this:

With current 37m

WR Hakeem Nicks 2/8m 3m guarenteed Cap Space: 33m

Reason: #2 receiver and would really help us

CB Antonio Cromartie 4/24m 10m guarenteed Cap Space:27m

Reason: Very good player and a leader

Cut Toler Cap Space: 30.5m

Reason: Overpayed and injuired

DT Arthur Jones 4/18m Cap Space: 26.5m

Reason: one of chuck's old guys

CB Asaunte Samuel 1/2m 500k Guarenteed Cap Space: 24.5m

See if he can help this team as a former SB winner

RB/KR/PR Darren Sproles 2/5m 1.5m GuarenteedCap Space: 22m

Reason: Be our danny woodhead a 3rd down back

FS Chris Clemens 5/25m 13m Guarenteed Cap Space: 17m

Reason: Let him cover and Laron tackle

G Chad Rinehart 5/20m 12m Guarenteed Cap Space: 13m

Reason: Make Thornton fight

Cut Ricky Jean Cap Space: 16m 

Reason: Arthur's Spot

Evan Dietrich-Smith 5/20m 13mGuarenteed Cap Space: 12m

Reason: Better then Satele

Draft Picks:

2: trade for browns third rounders

3: Stanley Jean-Baptiste CB

He can split with samuel or cromartie if any injuries occur

3: Daquan Jones DT

Stop Gap and can be a backup

3: Trade to jags for their 4th's and a seventh of theirs 

4: Dion Bailey FS

Depth

4: Deion Belue CB

Depth

5: Michael Schofield OG

Depth

6: L'Damian Washington WR

Tall WR and will be there if injuries occur

7: Chris Boswell K

Adam's Replacement

7: Tajh Boyd QB

3rd QB

7: Jordan Najvar TE

3rd TE

End with like 4.5m in cap for injuries and move to next year

I would prefer Devin Hester in our ST's game plus being a WR with speed teamed up with Hilton could cause Wayne to get open more.

The colts aren't going to cut Ricky Jean because there's no reason to cut him.  I really don't care what kind of contract Grigson gives to Vontae.  Davis is an important piece on defense and the best CB we've had in years.  He's also one of the better young CB's in the league, still very young and there's no reason to think he can't continue to improve.  At this time I trust Grigson to agree on a contract that is fiscally responsible and that will not cause future cap implications that would affect our ability to re-sign other players.

The colts aren't going to cut Ricky Jean because there's no reason to cut him.  I really don't care what kind of contract Grigson gives to Vontae.  Davis is an important piece on defense and the best CB we've had in years.  He's also one of the better young CB's in the league, still very young and there's no reason to think he can't continue to improve.  At this time I trust Grigson to agree on a contract that is fiscally responsible and that will not cause future cap implications that would affect our ability to re-sign other players.

You are right, RJF wont be cut. But I disagree that there in no reason Francois should be cut. He has one of our highest salaries and In my opinion... He did next to nothing for us last year.