Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A couple FA updates.

Dustin

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best rb was injured and grigs traded a 1 for Richardson. No need to pay Brown if you're keeping Richardson. If Richardson isnt better than brown, then Trent needs to be cut now

Which RB was that? Bradshaw? I know Brown has had nagging injuries along the way but chances are Bradshaw will never be able to be relied upon

Every time it looks like Brown may have a chance to get re-signed the haters show up. The man showed why he was considered a first round pick by the old regime. He`s a dynamic runner that finally got used by Pep in the right way. He`s no Adrian Peterson but he`s also not the non NFL caliber RB a lot on this forum make him out to be. 3 million a year for a difference maker is too much? 

Every time it looks like Brown may have a chance to get re-signed the haters show up. The man showed why he was considered a first round pick by the old regime. He`s a dynamic runner that finally got used by Pep in the right way. He`s no Adrian Peterson but he`s also not the non NFL caliber RB a lot on this forum make him out to be. 3 million a year for a difference maker is too much?

I would much rather see a Ballard/Brown attack than Ballard/Richardson

I would much rather see a Ballard/Brown attack than Ballard/Richardson

The only problem with that is the 1st rd pick given for Richardson. Cut losses? Grigson aint doing that. Satele was bad enough of a "miss" in free agency and they kept stubbornly plugging him in. Who knows how long we`ll have to endure Richardson IF he doesn`t improve next year 

The only problem with that is the 1st rd pick given for Richardson. Cut losses? Grigson aint doing that. Satele was bad enough of a "miss" in free agency and they kept stubbornly plugging him in. Who knows how long we`ll have to endure Richardson IF he doesn`t improve next year

They won't cut him, but he wasn't exactly seeing a lot of action late in the season. I think that continues if he doesn't pick it up next season.

The only problem with that is the 1st rd pick given for Richardson. Cut losses? Grigson aint doing that. Satele was bad enough of a "miss" in free agency and they kept stubbornly plugging him in. Who knows how long we`ll have to endure Richardson IF he doesn`t improve next year

And that's why it's time to fire Grigson or Pagano. Whoever idea it is to start bad players at the detriment of the team instead of admitting mistakes and moving on.

Like Seattle and Matt Flynn

When healthy, Ballard was the best back btw

And that's why it's time to fire Grigson or Pagano. Whoever idea it is to start bad players at the detriment of the team instead of admitting mistakes and moving on.

Rather you like it or not you don't fire a GM and Coach after they took over a 2-14 team gutted the roster and made the playoffs in both years on the job, going 11-5 both seasons and took a step forward the second year by winning the division and a playoff game. 

Why can't we just let Donald walk and keep Bradshaw as our third guy.

Because Bradshaw plays the game with reckless abandon and is an injury waiting to happen.

Donald seems to have learned how to run effectively in the Colts O schemes.

Richardson may (probably) prove to be his same old ineffective self again.

entitled to your opinion on Ballard, but coming from somebody who constantly calls for Pagano and Grigson's firing? just shake my head lol

What a mindless comment. Completely absurd.

Because Bradshaw plays the game with reckless abandon and is an injury waiting to happen.

Donald seems to have learned how to run effectively in the Colts O schemes.

Richardson may (probably) prove to be his same old ineffective self again.

I disagree about Richardson. I think he will be better.

And there's a handful of guys I think we could bring in who are equal to Brown in talent, and would be a lot cheaper. Richardson is our starter, and Brown isn't getting starter money here. Plus Ballard is returning, I see Vick being our #2 guy entering camp. I don't see a market here for Donald unless he takes a hometown discount.

Richardson hasn't earned a starter role and when he was handed it last year he wasted no time losing it.

If he hasn't improved by next season then Grigson needs to swallow his pride and let whoever else is on the roster be the starter.

There were threads each week with the Richardson supporters saying why they believed each game was gonna be his break out game, and it never happened.

I dont think we should pay Brown or Bradshaw anything substantial, if they dont wanna play for small incentive based contracts then they should be let go.

Ballard isnt going to be the answer either, he was never fast and now will more then likely be slower.

We need to pick up quite a few UDFA runningbacks and maybe a few lower priced lesser known FA's.

If Richardson hasn't figured out how to be an NFL runningback by next season then he never will. We need to have options in case this does happen because less then 3 ypc is going to really hurt the team.

Odds are we will win the division, the other 3 teams are currently a mess. Thats all fine and dandy, but it won't help in the playoffs. We need a viable running game.

At the end of the day, it all comes down to price. My opinion is that Brown will get a deal for around 3 years/13M. I don't want to keep him for that price. If we could get him for only 1M a year, then yea bring him back, but no way will he sign for that. Same goes for Bethea. I don't think he is worth the 4-5M a year some other team is going to give him. Again if we can get him for 1M a year, sign him back. I just know he won't take it. Bradshaw is not going to get any offers from any team. It took us quite a while to sign him last off season. He'll take whatever he can get, so give him vet minimum and some incentives. If he'll take it sign him back. He has high up side with high risk. Between richardson and ballard, he should be able to stay healthy while only having 10~ touches a game, then un leash him in the playoffs.