Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

the next richard sherman?

I love SJB.  I did a mock draft using the Fan Speak simulator and got him in the 6th or 7th round, but that was several weeks ago and ratings have chanced since.  There are several differences in their game, though.  SJB is not as physical as Sherman and isn't as good a tackler.  A scouting report I read (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/2042647/stanley-jean-baptiste) said "While fluid in changing directions, is susceptible to double-moves because he doesn't possess ideal initial burst and possesses just fair straight-line speed, overall."  So while he is a solid prospect given his size and ball-skills, I think he is more of a project.  I would still love if we could get him in one of the later rounds.  But he appears to be moving up draft boards

Guest TeamLoloJones

aren't we out of a second round pick too? or just a 1st?

We don't have our 1st or 4th, but we have our 2nd, 3rd, 5th, and at least one 7th.  In my opinion I don't think we will have our 6th because of the Gordy trade.

on the topic of richard sherman... I don't know if anyone has mentioned this before (some one probably has) but I think ( just pure speculation) that richard sherman chose the #25 due to being the 25th corner selected in the draft.

that's probably right, I feel stupid because im sure its public knowledge but I think that is why T.Y is 13

I'm watching the Senior Bowl right now. SJB struggles with his hop turn, and isn't terribly physical, which is surprising given his size. He can make plays, though, and he's raw, only having played corner for three years. I like him, think he has upside, but wouldn't draft him high. I understand the comparison with Sherman: good size, questionable speed and fluidity, converted receiver, etc., but wouldn't get too wrapped up in that. 

There is nobody like Sherman. Likely never will be. 

Let's not become prisoners of the moment. Richard Sherman is great, but he's not so special that there won't ever be anyone like him. I think there are a handful of guys like him in the league right now. 

Let's not become prisoners of the moment. Richard Sherman is great, but he's not so special that there won't ever be anyone like him. I think there are a handful of guys like him in the league right now. 

Really? I'd like to know who. Long, rangy shutdown corner? I only see Sherman in Sherman's class.

I'm watching the Senior Bowl right now. SJB struggles with his hop turn, and isn't terribly physical, which is surprising given his size. He can make plays, though, and he's raw, only having played corner for three years. I like him, think he has upside, but wouldn't draft him high. I understand the comparison with Sherman: good size, questionable speed and fluidity, converted receiver, etc., but wouldn't get too wrapped up in that. 

as you can imagine, i watch all neb games and i can't believe all the praise for him. udfa sure, but i wouldn't use a draft pick on him. his first year at cb i thought he could be really good, but he really hasn't improved that much since then. that's not a good indicator.

Really? I'd like to know who. Long, rangy shutdown corner? I only see Sherman in Sherman's class.

Patrick Peterson? And not as big, but Joe Haden and Darrelle Revis are shutdown corners with more range Sherman.

More to the point, if you go back and read the scouting reports for Sherman, they look just like the scouting reports for SJB.