Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rogers "I Showed a the Colts They Can Trust Me"

Dark Superman

Found an interesting article on espn.go.com involving a interview with Da'Rick Rogers which was posted only a few hours ago.. Enjoy!

INDIANAPOLIS – Indianapolis Colts receiver Da'Rick Rogers' self-confidence is off the charts. That's understandable when you think that he used to run his mouth all the time to upperclassmen defensive players as a freshman at the University of Tennessee. He was confident he would be effective with the Colts once his opportunity came after spending most of the season on the practice squad.

Rogers, however, was humbled during the Colts' 43-22 AFC divisional playoff loss to the New England Patriots. He dropped two passes in the first quarter under the bright lights of their nationally televised game. And it's for that reason that it'll take Rogers to move past those drops.

"That's not me," said Rogers, who was targeted four times but didn't have any catches in the Colts' final game of the season. "That's going to sting me for a while. I'm still disgusted."

http://espn.go.com/blog/indianapolis-colts/post/_/id/3711/rogers-i-showed-the-colts-they-can-trust-me

Edited by 21isSuperman
Please don't copy/paste entire articles

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll probably keep five WRs next season. Reggie and TY are the only locks IMO.

If we don't draft one or pick up a FA, the other three should be Brazil, Griff and Rogers.

If we draft or pick up a FA, then I think Griff is odd man out, simply because Reggie is the possession guy.

Guest TeamLoloJones

So would have been the two he dropped in the Pats game.

Oh come on man, give the kid some credit.  Trust me it doesn't hurt any.

Guest TeamLoloJones

We'll probably keep five WRs next season. Reggie and TY are the only locks IMO.

If we don't draft one or pick up a FA, the other three should be Brazil, Griff and Rogers.

If we draft or pick up a FA, then I think Griff is odd man out, simply because Reggie is the possession guy.

Griff may keep his spot though because he's a decent returner.

Guest TeamLoloJones

How was that not giving him credit?

Can't just have all the good and ignore the bad.

But it's okay for you ignore the good and just have the bad?  

Indy is not dropping him anytime soon at his price tag.    The only way Indy ditches him this upcoming season is if he does something stupid ..  which not at all out of the question.

I would love to see him get to work with Reggie one or two more years, there is a a really good player in his body but does he have the humility and drive to make it happen?

I would really like to see Indy sign James Jones and let Rodgers, Brazil, and Griff all get to work with them.  I'm not worried at all about TY.

TY, Wayne, and JJ would be really solid.   Maybe even Decker if the price was right, but it won't be.

Indy is not dropping him anytime soon at his price tag.    The only way Indy ditches him this upcoming season is if he does something stupid ..  which not at all out of the question.

I would love to see him get to work with Reggie one or two more years, there is a a really good player in his body but does he have the humility and drive to make it happen?

I would really like to see Indy sign James Jones and let Rodgers, Brazil, and Griff all get to work with them.  I'm not worried at all about TY.

TY, Wayne, and JJ would be really solid.   Maybe even Decker if the price was right, but it won't be.

I think if we demoted any of our WRs to PS, they would snatched up by other teams, especially Whalen. I doubt he acts out, because if he does, he would be jobless.

Guest TeamLoloJones

If we don't draft or pick up a FA, I agree. Otherwise, I doubt we carry 6 WRs unless we drop the FB.

I think that depends on who our other special team players end up being.  I could see us carrying 6 WRs if we didn't have another viable returner.  Not sure if we will keep Rainey.  I just can't see us cutting Griff after the way he played to end the season.  

But it's okay for you ignore the good and just have the bad?

Where did I ignore the good?

He said that having those drops wasn't him, there's one place to prove that, and it's not in an interview.

Yeah he had a nice game and a great grab, but that isn't going to make him the guy.

I think that depends on who our other special team players end up being.  I could see us carrying 6 WRs if we didn't have another viable returner.  Not sure if we will keep Rainey.  I just can't see us cutting Griff after the way he played to end the season.

Don't get me wrong, I like Griff better than Brazill or Rogers. But I don't think he'll be need as a receiver if Reggie is back. And he doesn't have Brazill's speed or Rogers potential.

Like you said, he was a very good punt returner. Is that enough for a roster spot? Maybe, maybe not.

Come on. He played pretty bad against the pats but his potential is undeniable. How many drops did TY have in his rookie season.

Not only is he a talent but he is different to our other wideouts. He can go up and get the ball. Jump balls. Spectacular catches.

He wasnt even here for a full season. For a guy who shouldn't have got off the practice squad this year he has done great.

He seemed to be pretty well covered for his drops against the pats. He needs to work on getting seperation, but as Luck and him develop chemistry he will make them catches.

Give. Him. A. Chance.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Where did I ignore the good?

He said that having those drops wasn't him, there's one place to prove that, and it's not in an interview.

Yeah he had a nice game and a great grab, but that isn't going to make him the guy.

Go back and read our exchange.  You said talk is cheap.  I countered with a comment about his great catch in the KC game.  You game back with a negative remark about the drops, I responded with "give the guy some credit"  Then you called me out for ignoring the bad in his game.  You never once gave a positive remark about Da'Rick, and accuse me of ignoring the bad.  Your being hypocritical.

Come on. He played pretty bad against the pats but his potential is undeniable. How many drops did TY have in his rookie season.

Not only is he a talent but he is different to our other wideouts. He can go up and get the ball. Jump balls. Spectacular catches.

He wasnt even here for a full season. For a guy who shouldn't have got off the practice squad this year he has done great.

He seemed to be pretty well covered for his drops against the pats. He needs to work on getting seperation, but as Luck and him develop chemistry he will make them catches.

Give. Him. A. Chance.

I couldn't agree more

Guest TeamLoloJones

Don't get me wrong, I like Griff better than Brazill or Rogers. But I don't think he'll be need as a receiver if Reggie is back. And he doesn't have Brazill's speed or Rogers potential.

Like you said, he was a very good punt returner. Is that enough for a roster spot? Maybe, maybe not.

Another thing to remember is that injuries happen.  It would be nice to have Griff if someone else went down.  I doubt we will have the luxury of being able to stash Rogers or Whalen on the PS this year.

Another thing to remember is that injuries happen.  It would be nice to have Griff if someone else went down.  I doubt we will have the luxury of being able to stash Rogers or Whalen on the PS this year.

No, you're right about that. Someone would pick them up.

Still, as much as we all like Griff, his skill set isn't unique. He'd be the easiest one to replace. I'm not sure if his upside is any more than now. Whereas Rogers and Brazill have a lot more potential. It may never pan out for either, but it's there.

I'm already excited for the preseason!

Go back and read our exchange. You said talk is cheap. I countered with a comment about his great catch in the KC game. You game back with a negative remark about the drops, I responded with "give the guy some credit" Then you called me out for ignoring the bad in his game. You never once gave a positive remark about Da'Rick, and accuse me of ignoring the bad. Your being hypocritical.

Not at all. You told me a good. I told you a bad. I wasn't saying he was all bad. Not once. But he hadn't been always good either. So when you brought up the KC catch. I brought up the Pats drops. Whole picture.

Talk is cheap. Do it on the field. You can't be spectacular catch guy one day, and DHB the next in the NFL.

Nothing hypocritical about that.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Not at all. You told me a good. I told you a bad. I wasn't saying he was all bad. Not once. But he hadn't been always good either. So when you brought up the KC catch. I brought up the Pats drops. Whole picture.

Talk is cheap. Do it on the field. You can't be spectacular catch guy one day, and DHB the next in the NFL.

Nothing hypocritical about that.

You are really not getting it.  You were the one who said I was ignoring the bad and only focusing on the good. YOU SAID THAT. YOU STARTED THIS LINE OF DISCUSSION.  You can't make a comment like that and then completely ignore the fact that you are doing the exact same thing on the other side of the spectrum.

You are really not getting it. You were the one who said I was ignoring the bad and only focusing on the good. YOU SAID THAT. YOU STARTED THIS LINE OF DISCUSSION. You can't make a comment like that and then completely ignore the fact that you are doing the exact same thing on the other side of the spectrum.

Unfortunately it seems you are the one not understanding. Though I think your "caps" button may have become stuck while you were typing.

First of all you quoted my post. And in your response you listed something good he has done. Then I listed something bad.

Then you proceeded to say "come on give him some credit it won't hurt."

In none of my posts was I disparaging anything good he had done. Only that he has had bad moments as well. So I'm not going to sit here and go "Well he has had a few games with some bad drops, but that one KC catch. Man it was so good forget about anything else." I chose to look at everything. Whereas you seem to think I should just focus on that catch and shower him with praise.

So back to my original post where I said nothing more then step up on the field and show you can be the guy. Which isn't an insult or not giving him credit. Only saying that you can't be so up and down and be a good/great NFL receiver.

Nothing hypocritical there. I'm not dismissing the good. I'm also not dismissing the bad either. Not once did I say he had no good moments, or flashes of great play.

I don't understand why some people question if Da'Rick should be brought back next season. The kid showed amazing potential. His route running needs improvement, but also remember he only played a few games at the end of the season. With a full offseason and TC he should be a stud next season. Call me a homer or whatever, but I expect him to be in the neighborhood of a 1,000 yards next year.

Hey I hope he gets better and improves.  He probably has more raw talent than any other WR on the Colts roster and they could really use someone with his talent but unless he improves I am still not going to be shocked if he ends up one of the guys released in final cuts next year if we add a WR this off-season.

I don't understand why some people question if Da'Rick should be brought back next season. The kid showed amazing potential. His route running needs improvement, but also remember he only played a few games at the end of the season. With a full offseason and TC he should be a stud next season. Call me a homer or whatever, but I expect him to be in the neighborhood of a 1,000 yards next year.

If we think a full offseason and a tc will make Trent a Great runningback then a full offseason+tc should make a Rogers a hall of fame worthy receiver.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Unfortunately it seems you are the one not understanding. Though I think your "caps" button may have become stuck while you were typing.

First of all you quoted my post. And in your response you listed something good he has done. Then I listed something bad.

Then you proceeded to say "come on give him some credit it won't hurt."

In none of my posts was I disparaging anything good he had done. Only that he has had bad moments as well. So I'm not going to sit here and go "Well he has had a few games with some bad drops, but that one KC catch. Man it was so good forget about anything else." I chose to look at everything. Whereas you seem to think I should just focus on that catch and shower him with praise.

So back to my original post where I said nothing more then step up on the field and show you can be the guy. Which isn't an insult or not giving him credit. Only saying that you can't be so up and down and be a good/great NFL receiver.

Nothing hypocritical there. I'm not dismissing the good. I'm also not dismissing the bad either. Not once did I say he had no good moments, or flashes of great play.

You seriously are clueless.  You were the one that said "Can't just have all the good and ignore the bad"  I said something good, then you said something bad, then you said I had take the bad with the good, but meanwhile you didn't take the good with the bad.  You have a double standard.  I'm supposed to mention the broad range of Da'Rick's play, both positive and negative.  And yet you never said anything positive.  Why do I have to be on both sides of the table, while you get to stay firmly entrenched on one side.  Why is this so difficult for you to understand?

He's not going anywhere, and I have a gut feeling that he's going to be productive.

As others have said, the upside, low contract, and missing draft picks makes this close to a lock. I hope he stays on the up and up. He flashed a few nice grabs and a good game. Not bad for a UDFA in a rookie season, given his opportunities.