Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tom Brady won't watch Super Bowl...

bap1331

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/1/20/5327482/tom-brady-patriots-super-bowl

He said:

"I don’t have much of a rooting interest, truthfully. Those games are hard to watch," Brady said. "I don’t see myself sitting down to enjoy a football game or watch it. Our season is over. Truthfully, I could care less about watching a game. That's pretty much how I feel."

Ummm... wow. I guess all those super bowl losses and playoff losses got to him. Stinks to think Peyton could have been on his third if it weren't for the Saints. He would be tying with Brady...

Its Brady's personal choice and i have no issues with it. He is just upset that they lost which is understandable.

Onto Peyton, i hope they wont make all the mistakes the Colts did against Saints. Everyone keeps talking about the interception against Saints but there was a lot that happend which went against Colts that day.

1.3 straight run and couldnt get one yard ( had to punt right before half, ended in a FG for Saints. Atleast 6 points swing )

2.Hank Baskett onside recovery gaffe.

3.Pierre Garcon dropped a wide open catch on a crucial third down which put them in a field goal range. Instead they punted.

Of course, Dwight Freeney injury was huge and Jim Caldwell, well we all know.

Whatever could go wrong, went wrong. Just was a bad day for Colts.

How many threads have been on Brady the last few days? I can't even count them all and yet Manning is in the Super Bowl. The Brady complex around here is surreal.

Well I know one thread we won't have is that Peyton Manning won't be watching the Super Bowl  because he will be playing in it.  :funny::yahoo::woah::headspin::monkeydance::banana: :36dancing: :dance::rock::applause: :clap: :cheer::cheer2:

True there has been hardly any on him at all. All Brady. You would think he was the one in the SB from the sheer volume.

You Wish !!!!!!!!!!!!  You should be in hog heaven with all the Brady threads but most of them I wouldn't be proud of. Not watching the Super Bowl  Opting out of the Pro Bowl and basically complaining about the Patriots loss in the Championship game and such but I guess if his name is mentioned you are happy.

Peyton doesn't need a lot of threads he is going to the Super Bowl that's what counts.  GO BRONCOS !!!!!!

How many threads have been on Brady the last few days? I can't even count them all and yet Manning is in the Super Bowl. The Brady complex around here is surreal.

You Win   :applause:   This is what you've been striving for ~  for months.   Is it Not...???  :scratch:

To each his own.    I am not one bit surprised by his comment.

Well I know one thread we won't have is that Peyton Manning won't be watching the Super Bowl  because he will be playing in it.  :funny::yahoo::woah::headspin::monkeydance::banana: :36dancing: :dance::rock::applause: :clap: :cheer::cheer2:

some Brady thread are often started by u, like the one on BB's statement on Welker hit, and that may have caused a backlash likes like ths topic Is Tome Brady now a big game loser, someone posted an article on it ( I am not in agreement with that BTW ) and in same light someone posted Manning Legacy secured, if correct both were CBS article

Other Peryton threads also started by u Brady Manning best rivalry,, if Manning wins superbowl does he retire

so u play a part in this too

Really?This is the 1st time ive seen his name since he was fodder for the Broncos few days ago.

I think he was referring  to a lack of Posts on Manning versus the onslaught of posts regarding what Brady thinks, does, is going to do, refuses to do, crying, etc. etc. etc.

He said:

"I don’t have much of a rooting interest, truthfully. Those games are hard to watch," Brady said. "I don’t see myself sitting down to enjoy a football game or watch it. Our season is over. Truthfully, I could care less about watching a game. That's pretty much how I feel."

Ummm... wow. I guess all those super bowl losses and playoff losses got to him. Stinks to think Peyton could have been on his third if it weren't for the Saints. He would be tying with Brady...

Yea this is pretty common for most players, especially ones that are eliminated in the conference championship round.  These guys are fierce competitors and they carry those losses for awhile, so I'd imagine its difficult to sit down and watch the team that eliminated you and knocked you off the path to your ultimate goal compete in the SB while you're at home.  He's probably just going to spend time with his family and get away from football, its been a long season and Brady's is officially over.

I understand that he may feel uncomfortable watching the game but why even answer the question?  It makes him look like a petulant child taking his little football and going home.  All he had to do was say something like "I love watching the game of football and I am sure they will have a great game.  I often watch games without rooting for either team but just for the joy of watching football." 

I understand that he may feel uncomfortable watching the game but why even answer the question?  It makes him look like a petulant child taking his little football and going home.  All he had to do was say something like "I love watching the game of football and I am sure they will have a great game.  I often watch games without rooting for either team but just for the joy of watching football." 

He was being honest in his answer, I guess. He didn't say he won't, or refuses to watch it, he said he has no interest in it. Would you rather he lie to make people think he's sitting in front of his wide screen wearing a Broncos jersey and enjoying a game he had a shot at and didn't make?

I think people need to understand what the term "context" means.  Every single thing Brady does is being put into an article since that loss.  

He made this comment on his weekly radio show appearance for WEEI.. Its a very laid back and relaxed atmosphere where they just shoot the @!^& for 15-20 minutes and they asked him the question "Will you be watching the SB?" and he gave them his answer.  He isn't out shouting this to the world, its just a local radio station that he has participated in his entire career and hes a lot more open with those guys than he is in press conferences or interviews.

The fact that its being blown out of proportion like this and attempting to be used as yet another "slight" on him and his character is pretty amusing.  What vested interest could he possibly have in the SB?  Why would he care to watch that?  He just lost the AFCCG after a grueling season where they battled all year long and they were eliminated... im sure now he just wants to spend time with his wife and kids and forget about football for the short time that he has to do that.

Trying to use this as any sort of story or ammo against Brady is just childish in my opinion and an attempt to just keep piling it on after the fact.

He said:

Poor Baby....I mean Brady. :yay:

You Wish !!!!!!!!!!!!  You should be in hog heaven with all the Brady threads but most of them I wouldn't be proud of. Not watching the Super Bowl  Opting out of the Pro Bowl and basically complaining about the Patriots loss in the Championship game and such but I guess if his name is mentioned you are happy.

Peyton doesn't need a lot of threads he is going to the Super Bowl that's what counts.  GO BRONCOS !!!!!!

Did you just read you post? Brady not watching the SB or going to the pro bowl is a reason for criticism? Only up here I guess but you are right I do appreciate the obsession. Even Pats forums are not this obsessed with him.

And I am voting for Peyton in the SB. I hope he lays 40 on that trash talking D.

You Win   :applause:   This is what you've been striving for ~  for months.   Is it Not...???   :scratch:

I have been on this forum for a year (I know for some it must seem like 10 years, lol) but the obsession with Brady has been non-stop the entire time from his discussing his team, his wife, his Uggs, and of course his good looks courtesy of James which may have been my favorite Brady stalker thread of all time. :)

Says the pats fan that starts threads about Brady,BB and Welker on a colts board constantly

Threads on Pats as it is the NFL forum but honestly my threads on Brady are .1 percent of the total. I really don't have to start any as every morning at least 3 pop up. Like I said, more than Pats forums.

some Brady thread are often started by u, like the one on BB's statement on Welker hit, and that may have caused a backlash likes like ths topic Is Tome Brady now a big game loser, someone posted an article on it ( I am not in agreement with that BTW ) and in same light someone posted Manning Legacy secured, if correct both were CBS article

Other Peryton threads also started by u Brady Manning best rivalry,, if Manning wins superbowl does he retire

so u play a part in this too

The Brady is a sore loser was started before my only thread this week which was on the Welker/Talib hit as that was a key part of the AFCCG and worthy of discussion. All the other Brady threads were started by others and there is a ton.

He said:

6c91o.jpg  I understand I won't either . As a Colts fan I'm only interested in the Colts when there season is over I nolonger care  ,  :colts:

am football has only started a few threads on the pats/brady. He has several regarding other teams, including many favorable on the Colts or Luck.  I don't know where the piranha mentality comes from in this thread. I don't understand the posters on this forum with their lust for hate on Brady, or criticism on anything he does, and attacks on good posters for no other reason than they support a different team. For a forum who touts the "classiness" of everyone else, some of you need to take stalk in your own class.

am football has only started a few threads on the pats/brady. He has several regarding other teams, including many favorable on the Colts or Luck.  I don't know where the piranha mentality comes from in this thread. I don't understand the posters on this forum with their lust for hate on Brady, or criticism on anything he does, and attacks on good posters for no other reason than they support a different team. For a forum who touts the "classiness" of everyone else, some of you need to take stalk in your own class.

first of all......... am is female  (not that it matters,  but just for future reference.)

secondly, I see you have 33 posts,  so I assume you are fairly new to the Forum, and have zero idea of all that has transpired over the past few years on here.

thirdly,  you are certainly entitled to your thoughts and opinions    so carry on.

am football has only started a few threads on the pats/brady. He has several regarding other teams, including many favorable on the Colts or Luck. I don't know where the piranha mentality comes from in this thread. I don't understand the posters on this forum with their lust for hate on Brady, or criticism on anything he does, and attacks on good posters for no other reason than they support a different team. For a forum who touts the "classiness" of everyone else, some of you need to take stalk in your own class.

You must be new here

am football has only started a few threads on the pats/brady. He has several regarding other teams, including many favorable on the Colts or Luck. I don't know where the piranha mentality comes from in this thread. I don't understand the posters on this forum with their lust for hate on Brady, or criticism on anything he does, and attacks on good posters for no other reason than they support a different team. For a forum who touts the "classiness" of everyone else, some of you need to take stalk in your own class.

^Secret Pats fan.

first of all......... am is female  (not that it matters,  but just for future reference.)

secondly, I see you have 33 posts,  so I assume you are fairly new to the Forum, and have zero idea of all that has transpired over the past few years on here.

thirdly,  you are certainly entitled to your thoughts and opinions    so carry on.

the number of my posts does not depreciate what they say, nor does a high volume of written garbage make it anything but a pile of junk. I'm not new here, been coming to this board for years. I have been kicked out in the past for disagreeing with nonsense, or calling people on their classiness. I'm a Pats fan. not a secret, but I'm a bigger football fan.

the number of my posts does not depreciate what they say, nor does a high volume of written garbage make it anything but a pile of junk. I'm not new here, been coming to this board for years. I have been kicked out in the past for disagreeing with nonsense, or calling people on their classiness. I'm a Pats fan. not a secret, but I'm a bigger football fan.

It must have been more than that ~ that got you kicked out.   Lord knows if  disagreeing with posters gets you kicked off,  I'd have been gone a long time ago ;)

thanks for letting the mods know you have been kicked out before. I'm pretty sure its a lifetime ban

He said:

You need to read in between the lines man. What Brady was really saying is I won't be able to watch because I will be with one of the hottest women on the planet.

82168-gisele-bundchen-et-tom-brady-637x0