Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Oh, by the way... about our 6th round pick....

....  we reportedly do NOT have it.

According to Mike Wells of ESPN.com,  all we have are 4 picks...    2/3/5/7.

That's it.

Not sure which trade we lost the 6 in....    maybe Josh Gordy?

Either way,  it's apparently gone.

All the more reason why I'm confident we WILL trade up in the 5th round.

We won't wait for more than 60 picks to go bye before we make our first pick on Day 3.

My hunch says we'll offer our 5 in 2015 and package it with our 5 this year (two 5's) to move up about 20 spots toward the top of Round 5 to get a much better player.

Just my hunch....  

This might be true. I can never keep up with this kind of stuff. But I will admit, I'm not taking Mike Wells word for it. He isn't a reliable source of information, IMO. He flubs minor details on stuff like this all the time.

This strikes me as the kind of thing I'd like to think he cleared with the Colts PR staff before writing it in a story...

I'd be very disappointed if he didn't.

This strikes me as the kind of thing I'd like to think he cleared with the Colts PR staff before writing it in a story...

I'd be very disappointed if he didn't.

That's very possible. He might be right.

But from what I remember, this little nugget of information was buried in an article about the Colts starting the process for the draft. And that article was pieced together with snippets from Grigson's press conference the other day. It felt sort of "slapped together" to me. I doubt that he called the Colts and asked if they had any comments on the article he was working on. He already had his material.

He might have called the PR staff to confirm the accuracy, but that doesn't mean very much. The PR staff doesn't necessarily know what picks the team has. The NFL hasn't finalized draft order yet, and won't for weeks. That's when they review all the trades made and figure out whether the conditions of trades were met, and so on. It's really not official until then. 

And overall, I'm just not a big fan of Wells. I guess that influences my willingness to accept his word for this stuff. Again, he might be absolutely right.

Guest TeamLoloJones

This might be true. I can never keep up with this kind of stuff. But I will admit, I'm not taking Mike Wells word for it. He isn't a reliable source of information, IMO. He flubs minor details on stuff like this all the time.

I assumed we would be without our 6th round pick ever since Gordy made our roster to start the season.

More of a reason to trade DOWN! We need to accumulate some picks to add depth. If this season showed us anything, it is that this team is in dire need of DEPTH!

I would try to make a couple of trades back to accumulate a couple of picks in 2015 if possible.

I think we will add a couple top-flight players in free agency as well as add a little depth. I think we should trade back and accumulate a couple picks.

In particular, we need depth at linebacker, defensive line, and offensive guard.

As an aside, I have no idea what to make of Khaled Holmes. I heard he was healthy near the end of the season, but he did not get much of an opportunity. I would imagine he could play guard as well as center. I just hope he can stay healthy.

I've read that we get a 6th Rd Compensatory pick tho.

Those haven't been awarded yet.....    so, I don't know who would have written that....

I think most here seem to think we will not be getting any compensatory picks....

Hope that's wrong,  but I'm assuming -- for now -- that it's right.

I've read that we get a 6th Rd Compensatory pick tho.

I too read this while back and am trying to find the article.. I believe that the Colts and 1 other team were getting the comp picks this year.. if I find the article I will post it here... 

FYI... all draft mocks I have seen have us not having a 1st and a 4th...  but all other rounds

I too read this while back and am trying to find the article.. I believe that the Colts and 1 other team were getting the comp picks this year.. if I find the article I will post it here... 

FYI... all draft mocks I have seen have us not having a 1st and a 4th...  but all other rounds

There's no way that anyone would know whether we have a compensatory pick or not. The NFL doesn't determine that until after the season is over. Some websites try to figure out who gets what, but that's not always accurate. Long and short, we do NOT have a compensatory pick right now.

Also, it's highly unlikely that we'll receive a compensatory pick this year, given our activity in free agency last offseason.