Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Doesn't it tick you off....

indyagent17

I was mostly comparing the 2010-2011 drafts and not putting down Grigson.

I wish you people would allow a person to post an opinion without bashing!

Superman wasn't bashing you, he was merely trying to help qualify and refine your opinion into something that we could understand and then discuss. 

So which 30 players are you referring too? The 13 from 2010-2011 draft and then the 2012/2013 drafts? 

I feel you man. The problem with forums like anything else online or in emails or texts, is that people come across more cras than the person probably intended. Also, with forums, there are so many opinions that there is bound to be at least one person that disagrees if you were to say "in the daytime, when there are no clouds in the sky, the sky is blue". At least one person would disagree, probably more haha.

the reply's are opinions as well. Not ticked, don't see a problem, don't post if you don't expect people to disagree.

I feel you man. The problem with forums like anything else online or in emails or texts, is that people come across more cras than the person probably intended. Also, with forums, there are so many opinions that there is bound to be at least one person that disagrees if you were to say "in the daytime, when there are no clouds in the sky, the sky is blue". At least one person would disagree, probably more haha.

Well to be fair that one is open to debate :P Technically the sky (atmosphere) has no colour....

I do however agree with your point about forums, however disagreement isn't necessarily a bad thing.  Disagreement prompting discussion and better understanding (e.g. debate) is a healthy thing. 

To see the final four teams in the playoffs and how they have such dominate players on both sides of the ball that came from great drafting and free agency?

I only wish we had such great draft picks and free agent pickups in the last few years that could make such a difference as those four teams

Of the 30 players we have drafted only 15 remain on the team 

of the 13 players drafted in 2010-2011 only 3 are still on the team 

Lets hope for a great offseason and draft so next  year we can change the tide and contend for a title

6c8xk.jpg

I think we were pretty good for as young as we are. Grigson has done pretty well so far. Besides the players he has drafted in 2012-13 the players he picked up like Adongo and others have a lot of potential.

I think we were pretty good for as young as we are. Grigson has done pretty well so far. Besides the players he has drafted in 2012-13 the players he picked up like Adongo and others have a lot of potential.

Yeah.. I mean Grigson did an incredible job in 2012. It does look like 2013 , at least by early returns , will be a big drop off. However , McNary and Adongo could bring this grade up before it's all said and done. But putting the two years together .. he's done well.

As far as this thread , which the OP grades the teams on how many draft picks make the team , it's pretty lame. You can have a Khaled Holmes , taken in the 4th round make the team and be a back up , while Richard Sherman taken in the 5th round is an all pro. Other words just going by "numbers" doesn't necessarily reflect the impact of the drafts.

Honestly with this sort of thing I think you are better off specifically naming the mistakes that where made.  Or at the very least players who are not performing up to what we invested in them.

Trading AQ Shipley was IMO a mistake

Werner and Richardson are not performing up to the investment we made in them.  Although it's too early to dump them.  Coby Fleener didn't do much his first year either.  

But when you do that you have to balance that with the steals that we've made.

TY Hilton

Chapman

Brazil - A minor steal for the 6th round.

Dwayne Allen

Freeman - Signed as a free agent out of the CFL for a minimum contract.  HUGE STEAL

Davis was probably a steal trading a 2nd round pick for him.

Da'Rick Rodgers and Griff Whalen may both be steals.  It just remains to be seen if they can perform next year.  I would say what we've gotten out of Whalen already makes him a minor steal.

So you have a lot more steals right now then you have mistakes and potential mistakes.  

To O.P. - Not ticked one iota.

To the post quoted, fair assessment ... of what you presented .  Kind of wish you added a few more.  Such as 

Darius Heywood-Bey

Weslye Saunders

Khaled Holmes

Kelvin Sheppard

Cassius Vaughn

I feel many of these didn't nearly play up to what we gave up.  It matters not if they are an easy on the cap cut for next year or not being able to crack the starter lineup, or not being able to be healthy and stay on the field, or  _______, There is sometimes even a greater gain in addition by subtraction.  At others, subtraction by subtraction. If they were on the field copious amounts and failing, then they not only didn't contribute much but eliminated the potential for someone else being able to contribute at a higher level.  You can give up little, and still end up with a less than positive result overall.  And if you have potential but can never get on the field, what good is that? But I still agree with your premise in the big picture.

I'm so confused.

You post about how we should be ticked off because we haven't drafted good players, and you use some kind of formula that no one can make heads or tails of, and when you get feedback, it's labeled as "bashing"? 

riiiight.gif

I got it right off of wikipedia. I just took the 2010-2013 seasons and I listed that the Grigson era was still under consideration but the 2010-2011 draft classed were awful 

I got it right off of wikipedia. I just took the 2010-2013 seasons and I listed that the Grigson era was still under consideration but the 2010-2011 draft classed were awful 

So what exactly is your point

Before being hired by the Colts in 2012 ,  Ryan Grigson worked for the Eagles . Gotcha

So his first draft pick was Andrew Luck  in 2012   Gotcha - not  2010  or  2011 & yes they  were awful & those in charge have moved along .

So now back to the future 2012 was a great draft,   2013 not so much & apparently still under consideration  Gotcha . :thmup::blueshoe:

You should have learned by now.It only took me 4 post to realize my GARGANTUAN(I spell that right?) mistake.The mistake of making the "elite"around here angry.People don't realize its a message board meant to discuss opinions.If you aren't coaching a pro or college team then their opinions mean no less or no more than anyone else.

Anyway,I get what you are saying.We did a lot for a young team and if we could just get another superstar on dline and oline watch out!

To see the final four teams in the playoffs and how they have such dominate players on both sides of the ball that came from great drafting and free agency?

I only wish we had such great draft picks and free agent pickups in the last few years that could make such a difference as those four teams

Of the 30 players we have drafted only 15 remain on the team 

of the 13 players drafted in 2010-2011 only 3 are still on the team 

Lets hope for a great offseason and draft so next  year we can change the tide and contend for a title

Hmmm...playoffs first year of a complete teardown and rebuild and divisional title and 1st playoff win in new era in year 2...nope not ticked at all.

To O.P. - Not ticked one iota.

To the post quoted, fair assessment ... of what you presented .  Kind of wish you added a few more.  Such as 

Darius Heywood-Bey

Weslye Saunders

Khaled Holmes

Kelvin Sheppard

Cassius Vaughn

I feel many of these didn't nearly play up to what we gave up.  It matters not if they are an easy on the cap cut for next year or not being able to crack the starter lineup, or not being able to be healthy and stay on the field, or  _______, There is sometimes even a greater gain in addition by subtraction.  At others, subtraction by subtraction. If they were on the field copious amounts and failing, then they not only didn't contribute much but eliminated the potential for someone else being able to contribute at a higher level.  You can give up little, and still end up with a less than positive result overall.  And if you have potential but can never get on the field, what good is that? But I still agree with your premise in the big picture.

DHB was a 1 year prove it deal, I don't think there was a huge mistake in signing him, the mistake was more or less sticking with him instead of finding a different option. 

A lot of the other guys you mention are borderline players.  Holmes was a 4th round pick, it's not that uncommon for 4th round picks to not make it in the league for very long. 

The trade of Jerry Hughes for Kelvin Sheppard can't really be criticized.  While Sheppard is no great player, there is no one on this board who was sad to see Hughes go.

DHB was a 1 year prove it deal, I don't think there was a huge mistake in signing him, the mistake was more or less sticking with him instead of finding a different option. 

A lot of the other guys you mention are borderline players.  Holmes was a 4th round pick, it's not that uncommon for 4th round picks to not make it in the league for very long. 

The trade of Jerry Hughes for Kelvin Sheppard can't really be criticized.  While Sheppard is no great player, there is no one on this board who was sad to see Hughes go.

There were a few who were not happy with trading Hughes and yes it can be criticized, Sheppards going to be fighting just to make the team come TC if we sign or draft an ILB(I expect us to)Hughes is firmly planted on the Bills after last years performance

There were a few who were not happy with trading Hughes and yes it can be criticized, Sheppards going to be fighting just to make the team come TC if we sign or draft an ILB(I expect us to)Hughes is firmly planted on the Bills after last years performanced

Hughes at the time was not a guy most people wanted to keep on this team.