Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay Tweets After The Game

Jason_

I think its funny (embarrassing?) how some people forget what Irsay did.

He did everything in his power and spent ALOT of money to get us a Super Bowl.

Irsay gets a pass from me for this year.

I thinks some others should not have such a SHORT MEMORY.

Some of these people need to look in the mirror. I think they'll find they aren't perfect either.

Some of these people need to look in the mirror. I think they'll find they aren't perfect either.

+1 from me

+1 from me

Unfortunately, we are in the minority.

Not so long ago, I was CONVINCED I'd never see my Colts win a Super Bowl.

In '06, tears actually ran down my face. I was in a state of blissfull shock. I don't have kids, but I'm thinking it was a feeling similar to the birth of a child.

That SPECIAL experience is worth so much more to me than any 0-16 season can hurt.

I will die a satisfied man. (at least Colts-wise)

In '06, tears actually ran down my face. I was in a state of blissfull shock. I don't have kids, but I'm thinking it was a feeling similar to the birth of a child.

That SPECIAL experience is worth so much more to me than any 0-16 season can hurt.

:hug: I like being in the minority! I like weird people . . . I can relate to them :)

I don't always understand myself, but when I do . . . I think being "different" is ok!

We're not the only one's I'm sure. :)

+1 from me also

Don't get me wrong, I'm not an Irsay hater or anything like that. I actually think it's kind of cool of him to have the open tweet account and he has all of the contests which keeps himself involved with the fan base. I have no problem with his tweeting in that aspect. I did think his first post-game tweet would be a response to the game such as his past tweets like "tough loss" or something like that but it's not like I have lost respect for him or anything like that since he didn't. I'm sure he will figure out what needs to be done whether that's sticking with the Polians and working with them to figure out how to move forward regarding the coaching staff or even if it means clearing out the Polians too and starting from scratch (though I think this is the least likely scenario....I could see Bill retiring but I don't think either Polian would be fired). Now, if both Polians and the entire coaching staff return next year then that would affect the respect I have for Irsay but I don't think it will happen. :)

:hug: I like being in the minority! I like weird people . . . I can relate to them :)

I don't always understand myself, but when I do . . . I think being "different" is ok!

We're not the only one's I'm sure. :)

Actually I know exactly what you mean and feel much the same way. :dance:

JimIrsay Jim Irsay

Last player to score today was Donald Brown...Congrats @wesleyj83!

8 minutes ago

https://twitter.com/#!/JimIrsay

It was a reference to another one of his contests. So do you commend him for not forgetting about the contest in the face of adversity? lol

It just makes him look like a drunk buffoon (which I don't think he is). His very 1st tweet after that latest embarrassing loss just HAS to address fixing things sooner than later.

Yeah,I was glad they won it before my Dad passed away and we enjoyed it as we have been waiting for so long.But nothing beats the birth of a child,that's an experience beyond measure. Edited by mahagga73

There are some new kind of interesting tweets...take these for what you will:

JimIrsay Jim Irsay

Penalties,special teams,turnovers,lack of execution;BAD1rstHalf,put us in a hole/This type of performance isn't gonna cut it/BetterDays2come

JimIrsay Jim Irsay

NO EXCUSES,NO EXPLANATIONS...We're gonna get thru this n rise again/I told ColtFans we'd do great things in '97 when I became Owner,n WE did

JimIrsay Jim Irsay

We'll b back on top,keep the FAITH...we're a lot tougher than these bitter times..I told u 2 months ago,the next 18 months would b turbulent

JimIrsay Jim Irsay

No one is "Tanking the season"...that's absurd conspiracy theory mumblings...Suck4Luck doesn't exist n Indy

7 minutes ago

The one I underlined is the one I found the most interesting. Oh and I clearly meant Irsay and not Polian. I've pm'd a mod and hopefully one of them can correct the thread title for me. :)

How about tweeting how you turned over your franchise to polian's son.Nepotism at it's finest.

I love how people know the word 'Nepotism' and thus they assume they know what it's all about. They also assume it's always a bad thing, or that it's done with ill, almost conspiratorial intentions.

he gets a pass from me as well. if he goes in tomorrow and do what any other business would do, clean house. my father in law is in the grocery business and if he sold spoiled meat every week he would not have a business. just look a our special teams bad for at least 8 yrs. man up and make a change. i think the fans would rejoice at any change. if it were my business i would make a change. i understand this team has been very good for a long time, when things start going bad. you need to start one department at a time.

There are some new kind of interesting tweets...take these for what you will:

JimIrsay Jim Irsay

Penalties,special teams,turnovers,lack of execution;BAD1rstHalf,put us in a hole/This type of performance isn't gonna cut it/BetterDays2come

JimIrsay Jim Irsay

NO EXCUSES,NO EXPLANATIONS...We're gonna get thru this n rise again/I told ColtFans we'd do great things in '97 when I became Owner,n WE did

JimIrsay Jim Irsay

We'll b back on top,keep the FAITH...we're a lot tougher than these bitter times..I told u 2 months ago,the next 18 months would b turbulent

JimIrsay Jim Irsay

No one is "Tanking the season"...that's absurd conspiracy theory mumblings...Suck4Luck doesn't exist n Indy

7 minutes ago

The one I underlined is the one I found the most interesting. Oh and I clearly meant Irsay and not Polian. I've pm'd a mod and hopefully one of them can correct the thread title for me. :)

It's good to see him owning up to it. He knows that nothing's clicking and the fans are upset. Caldwell stated it last week when he said we got "whooped" and now Irsay's continuing it. He's optimistic though, because it's a lot of little things we're doing wrong.

We have talent, but we also have a lot of injuries. We've been close in some games, but have made mistakes at the worst possible moments. It's rough, but it's not something that can be fixed overnight. This isn't Madden.

Fans need to stop pretending that they know better and trust in the people who built this perennial contender. One awful year and everyone's calling for heads to roll. It doesn't matter if the defense has been bad for years, because this team still won. Some teams have great defenses, but no offense. Can't have everything in the Salary Cap era.

If he says he's got a plan, then we should give him the benefit of the doubt. Should we not see any improvements by the 2012 season, that's too long. But we really don't know everything they are analyzing every week.

It's good to see him owning up to it. He knows that nothing's clicking and the fans are upset. Caldwell stated it last week when he said we got "whooped" and now Irsay's continuing it. He's optimistic though, because it's a lot of little things we're doing wrong.

We have talent, but we also have a lot of injuries. We've been close in some games, but have made mistakes at the worst possible moments. It's rough, but it's not something that can be fixed overnight. This isn't Madden.

Fans need to stop pretending that they know better and trust in the people who built this perennial contender. One awful year and everyone's calling for heads to roll. It doesn't matter if the defense has been bad for years, because this team still won. Some teams have great defenses, but no offense. Can't have everything in the Salary Cap era.

If he says he's got a plan, then we should give him the benefit of the doubt. Should we not see any improvements by the 2012 season, that's too long. But we really don't know everything they are analyzing every week.

WE NEED A COACHING OVERHUAL PUT IN NEW DEFENSE SYSTEM IF COYER KEEPS HIS JOB I WOULD BE SHOCKED AND IF CALDWELL DONT FIRE HIM HE GOONA GET CANNED

Well Irsay did mention this:

"Penalties,special teams,turnovers,lack of execution;BAD1rstHalf,put us in a hole/This type of performance isn't gonna cut it/BetterDays2come"

So as far as I'm concerned, he's very aware of the problem, and I commend him for acknowledging it. It tells us he's not blind to what is really happening. I trust then he will also make the right decision with Caldwell...

Edited by ReMeDy

If Polian got paid by the excuse he would be a billionaire

LOL YUP ALWAY HAS AN EXCUSE AN FOR HIM TO ACTULY BLAME MANNING FOR HOW BAD THE TEAM IS WAS A LOW MOVE, U HAVE TO BUILD A TEAM NOT A MANNING I MEAN, WE OUR BADLY DRAFTED, UNDERSIZED, BADLY COACH, HAVE TO WORSE TRAINING AND CONDITIONING STAFF, ALSO ALWAY SEEM TO DRAFT INJURY PRONE PLAYERS,

IN ALL HONESTY I WOULD RESPECT POLIAN MORE IF HE WOULD COME OUT ANY SIMPLE SAY HIS BAD DRAFTING, LACK OF SIGNING QUALITY DEPTH, AND TOP HEAVY PAY ROLL, IS TO BLAME... (he wouldn't doe would cost him his job) YOU DONT PAY GARY THAT MUCH CAUSE HES A NICE GUY, DALLAS, BOB, ETC... WE ALWAYS OVER PAY FOR PLAYERS WHO OUR EITHER HURT OR ONE DIMENSIONAL.....US HAVING SO MANY ONE DIMENSIONAL PLAYERS IS WHY WE CANT AJUST WITH OUT PEYTON

LOL YUP ALWAY HAS AN EXCUSE AN FOR HIM TO ACTULY BLAME MANNING FOR HOW BAD THE TEAM IS WAS A LOW MOVE, U HAVE TO BUILD A TEAM NOT A MANNING I MEAN, WE OUR BADLY DRAFTED, UNDERSIZED, BADLY COACH, HAVE TO WORSE TRAINING AND CONDITIONING STAFF, ALSO ALWAY SEEM TO DRAFT INJURY PRONE PLAYERS,

IN ALL HONESTY I WOULD RESPECT POLIAN MORE IF HE WOULD COME OUT ANY SIMPLE SAY HIS BAD DRAFTING, LACK OF SIGNING QUALITY DEPTH, AND TOP HEAVY PAY ROLL, IS TO BLAME... (he wouldn't doe would cost him his job) YOU DONT PAY GARY THAT MUCH CAUSE HES A NICE GUY, DALLAS, BOB, ETC... WE ALWAYS OVER PAY FOR PLAYERS WHO OUR EITHER HURT OR ONE DIMENSIONAL.....US HAVING SO MANY ONE DIMENSIONAL PLAYERS IS WHY WE CANT AJUST WITH OUT PEYTON

YOU BROKE MY CAPS LOCK KEY!!! AYEEEE!!!

Edited by ReMeDy

I respect Jim Irsay. Have no problem with the man. It's Polian, the puppet, and the other puppets i have a problem with. Jim Irsay actually does something when he sees something wrong (even though he should now), those 3 things I listed just continue to "do what we do" even when we are suffering. Irsay gets a pass from me.

I love how people know the word 'Nepotism' and thus they assume they know what it's all about. They also assume it's always a bad thing, or that it's done with ill, almost conspiratorial intentions.

I love how you think you know everything and go out of your way to try and show us.You are assuming it's a good thing,after all you are always right. :rolleyes: Edited by coltfaninnewyork

I don't why some people are satisfied with just the SB win in 2006. Shouldn't they be equally disappointed with the SB loss in 2009? Just as some praise Irsay for assembling the parts for the SB victory, they are strangely silent on the SB loss. Do Irsay and his team get a pass for all the great REGULAR season teams we had from 1999 and 2003-2010 yet only got to two SBs; winning one and losing one? A lot of people forget the team has been to two additional SB (1968 and 1971) winning 1 and losting one and have won several NFL championships. As a long time fan of the team I have seen many great Colts teams over the years and also many bad Colts teams. I also want them to win big every year. So when I see people touting one season as the only criteria to judge the team, I get a little upset.

The NFL is a win now, bottom line business. No free passes.

The Colts could have and should have done better on the field and within management and the coaching staff. Also there is no excuse to have a team built around and so dependent no layer being healthy when the injury rate in the NFL is 100%. Perhaps Irsay will take charge when ticket sales are affected and we become the second team to go 0-16 in the history of the NFL.

I don't why some people are satisfied with just the SB win in 2006. Shouldn't they be equally disappointed with the SB loss in 2009? Just as some praise Irsay for assembling the parts for the SB victory, they are strangely silent on the SB loss. Do Irsay and his team get a pass for all the great REGULAR season teams we had from 1999 and 2003-2010 yet only got to two SBs; winning one and losing one? A lot of people forget the team has been to two additional SB (1968 and 1971) winning 1 and losting one and have won several NFL championships. As a long time fan of the team I have seen many great Colts teams over the years and also many bad Colts teams. I also want them to win big every year. So when I see people touting one season as the only criteria to judge the team, I get a little upset.

The NFL is a win now, bottom line business. No free passes.

The Colts could have and should have done better on the field and within management and the coaching staff. Also there is no excuse to have a team built around and so dependent no layer being healthy when the injury rate in the NFL is 100%. Perhaps Irsay will take charge when ticket sales are affected and we become the second team to go 0-16 in the history of the NFL.

I agree!!!! I've been saying this for awhile now. +1

nepotism

Also found in: Legal, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia 0.01 sec.

nep·o·tism (nebreve.gifpprime.gifschwa.gif-tibreve.gifzlprime.gifschwa.gifm)

n.

Favoritism shown or patronage granted to relatives, as in business.

Sounds to me not only was the use of the word by CFINY proper, but the context with which it was used directly applies to the Situation in the Colts front office. I dont know why you would have an issue with his post, unless you are expressing your personal dislike for CFINY and letting that cloud your judgement.

I think everyone should be darn happy that Jim Irsay is our owner. Had his Dad still been around and running the show, you can forget this team doing anything but being a second run team. Also we should be glad we don't have an owner like Mike Brown who took over his DAD's team and well we all know how well the Bengals have done during his time or so on, I think overall we should be happy with our owner.

I am suspicious of the decision by people to replace themselves with their kids. In some instances it works out fine. In others it doesn't. But to think the best replacement is your kid - there aren't any other potential replacements out there? And before we get on the Irsay issue: When you are the owner you can do what you want. Both Polians are employees. Also - Jim is a much better owner than his dad, so in that instance nepotism worked out fine.

All I can say is I would be surprised to find out there isn't anyone out that that would be better than Chris Polian. I hope he does well for the Colts sake.

Also - I am not personally calling for the firing of Caldwell or the Polians. It looks to me like this team is pretty weak right now and I hope they can fix it. I'm not sure Caldwell is the guy but I don't beleive any of the other names being tossed around are the right guys either: Cowher, Chucky, etc.