Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ray Horton rumored to be new Titans' DC, might switch to 3-4

chad72

Apparently, Ken Wisenhunt is trying to get to sign Ray Horton from the Browns for building a 3-4 D for the Titans in our division.

He is a very good DC. Thankfully, the Titans' QB ceiling is not nearly as high as ours.

But the Titans will be our biggest threat in the division if they pull this move off. If not this year, by year 2, they will have the pieces for their 3-4. Or maybe, they play a hybrid too, who knows???

Guys are flat out bolting the Browns after what they did to Chudzinski, Norv Turner in a buyout talk to go from Browns to Vikings as OC, and now Ray Horton.

What in the world are the Browns doing?

Jeez Louise, I feel sorry for all Cleveland fans. You can't keep failing like they do season after season. I feel like they are going to lose their team again if the trend continues. It will be a sad day for the NFL because the Browns are an anchor NFL team.

They gave us Trent Richardson, maybe they'll give us Joe Haden :) and they'll re-sign Ward to a 1year deal and trade him to us too :)

Wishful thinking I know lol

The Titans defense over the past two seasons have played us really tough. Of all of the teams in our division, even including the Texans and JJ Watt, I feel the Titans have consistently gotten to Luck and we've had to fight tooth and nail to eek out victories. If they change that defense, it might be to our benefit.

You can make an argument for the Texans to be the toughest defense in the AFC South, but we've had their number with T.Y. over the top. The Titans make us earn our points.

Apparently, Ken Wisenhunt is trying to get to sign Ray Horton from the Browns for building a 3-4 D for the Titans in our division.

He is a very good DC. Thankfully, the Titans' QB ceiling is not nearly as high as ours.

But the Titans will be our biggest threat in the division if they pull this move off. If not this year, by year 2, they will have the pieces for their 3-4. Or maybe, they play a hybrid too, who knows???

Guys are flat out bolting the Browns after what they did to Chudzinski, Norv Turner in a buyout talk to go from Browns to Vikings as OC, and now Ray Horton.

I heard Wisenhunt preferring a 3-4 was one of the primary breaking points between he and the Lions.  The Lions front office was insistent on keeping a 4-3 whereas Wiz said he would implement a 3-4.  That and Wiz apparently wanted a little more control in personnel decisions than the Lions were willing to concede.

Wrong forum

↑ The "our division" part makes it Colts related

And I believe MTC is a forum mod and he didn't move it so I think it's safe..... for now lol

And I believe MTC is a forum mod and he didn't move it so I think it's safe..... for now lol

Oops didn't know it was in the wrong section. :O

Yeah, I do think the Titans, with this hire will be our biggest threat in the division, no question about it.

Since the AFC South division has been formed, the Titans have won it 3 times and the Texans twice, I think (may not be accurate).

Maybe this year, they will give us the Titans games towards the end of the year, like they did with the Texans last year.

Hmm, I like it. Everyone in the division (except the Jaguars, again) is getting better. I wonder if the Titans go with a quarterback in the first round, and if Jacksonville does the same then there should be three rookie starters next year in the South. Awesome lol.

Jeez Louise, I feel sorry for all Cleveland fans. You can't keep failing like they do season after season. I feel like they are going to lose their team again if the trend continues. It will be a sad day for the NFL because the Browns are an anchor NFL team.

These Browns are a fraud expansion team wearing the old colors and sporting the name.  The original NFL anchor franchise moved to Baltimore and became the Ravens. 

i guess not

The Browns are what happens when the owner, GM, and coaches aren't on the same page. Ever. 

I read a comment on this that made me chuckle:

http://www.dawgsbynature.com/2014/1/18/5323280/ray-horton-norv-turner-depart-the-cleveland-browns

The only staff left is the infection.

Darn, I actually feel sorry for Browns fans. It's like a 4,000 year curse that will never be lifted. They can't get their helmet colors right. I thought you were the Browns not the Cleveland Cheetos man or perhaps the Dark, radioactive nachos. LOL! 

Hmm, I like it. Everyone in the division (except the Jaguars, again) is getting better. I wonder if the Titans go with a quarterback in the first round, and if Jacksonville does the same then there should be three rookie starters next year in the South. Awesome lol.

Man, you are I are on the exact same page here QuizBoy. Great minds do think alike. That's the story I am sticking with anyway.  :P

Houston & INDY are the only REAL teams in AFC South & if the Titans & Jags improve, the 2 real teams here will adjust accordingly.  

Good links here Chad72 as always. I wonder who Norv Turner will be working with specifically as the franchise QB? Josh Freeman has regressed a lot, but if Turner turns his game around with AP on the ground that team might do some damage in the NFC North. 

Jason La Canfora is actually a decent writer for CBS Sports. He never seemed to fit in as an analyst on NFL Network IMO.