Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Russell Wilson

bap1331

Is it me or is it starting to look like Russell Wilson is not as good as we think? His little running plays are not starting to work, hes starting to panick in the pocket. It seems like the defenses are starting to learn his style of play.

There is something for sure that Manziel won't be doing his little runs next year in the NFL.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy is a good QB. His style is a little different, he's not the scrambling guy that tries to bust off 20 yard runs like Kaepernick, RG3, or Newton. He's the scrambling guy that escapes pressure and keeps his eyes downfield still with the pass in mind. Honestly his Oline is below average. Okung and Unger are pretty solid, but the other three guys suck. He consistently evades pressure and finds a guy downfield. A little Big Ben like, but much more elusive and I think a little bit smarter. I like the guy and I think he has a bright future.

He had a solid game tonight and it's not like he was playing a scrub defense. There were a few goofy looking plays, but overall he more than held his own for a second year QB playing in a championship game.

Agreed about Manziel....bust in the making.

Wilson is going in the same way Big Ben went into the SB in year 2, on the heels of a great D and running game. That was against the Seahawks that time in 2005, this time the young gun is playing FOR the Seahawks.  :)

One of the best young QBs of this generation. Very level headed and much like Luck, has what it takes to be successful for a long time.

That is like your opinion man. "IT Factor" sounds like something Skip would say, it means nothing.

Not mine. Most people use it to describe a QB that makes the right decisions under pressure. Like I said, he shows great poise for a second year guy and is very intelligent. He will only get better. But for sure he is also playing on the best team in the NFC.

Not mine. Most people use it to describe a QB that makes the right decisions under pressure. Like I said, he shows great poise for a second year guy and is very intelligent. He will only get better. But for sure he is also playing on the best team in the NFC.

Wilson is a good young QB on a great team nothing more nothing less. "Most people" sounds like a Fox news source, you said Wilson is the most poised of the young QB crop, then you credit your opinion to "most people" quite curious. It looks like a thinly veiled shot at Luck, I am begining to understand why you like Skippy B so much. Some people say you guys have alot in common.

Wilson is a good young QB on a great team nothing more nothing less. "Most people" sounds like a Fox news source, you said Wilson is the most poised of the young QB crop, then you credit your opinion to "most people" quite curious. It looks like a thinly veiled shot at Luck, I am begining to understand why you like Skippy B so much. Some people say you guys have alot in common.

Lol. Is your Luck sensitivity meter up? I thought it was only RG that bothered you? Now it is Wilson too?

The only thing that i dotn like Wilson, specially yesterday, is that he looked way too antsy on the pocket. like he knew the pass rush was gonna get him and he needed to move.

I noticed that about him as well, plus he had this nasty habit of running directly backwards to avoid pressure, which only further gets you into trouble. 

ok. Wilson stinks. Feel better now? ;)

Perhaps you don't read well? Maybe you can't stray from your agenda?

Good then we agree. I just think right now he is the best of the young QBs from a developmental standpoint. And lest you get sensitive again that is not a shot at Luck, Kaep or Newton ...

I'm not sensitive, I just don't care for sensationalism, and conjecture. I like facts and reason combined with thoughtfulness used in a compelling manner to make a point, as opposed to your rubbish. Moving on, what can Tom Brady do that Manning, Brees etc. can't? I would like to ask Rodgers what he meant, and if he would like to redact that quote.

I'm not sensitive, I just don't care for sensationalism, and conjecture. I like facts and reason combined with thoughtfulness used in a compelling manner to make a point, as opposed to your rubbish. Moving on, what can Tom Brady do that Manning, Brees etc. can't? I would like to ask Rodgers what he meant, and if he would like to redact that quote.

Rodgers would never retract the truth. Brady is his idol if you didn't know.

Imagine if the Seahawks had Luck. 19-0

Is that the same Luck who just threw 7 INTs in two playoff games? Russell Wilson is now 3-1 in the postseason, has thrown just one INT in those four games and is on his way to the Super Bowl. Wilson is the better QB at this point in their careers.

Is that the same Luck who just threw 7 INTs in two playoff games? Russell Wilson is now 3-1 in the postseason, has thrown just one INT in those four games and is on his way to the Super Bowl. Wilson is the better QB at this point in their careers.

Russel Wilson is more of a game manager than Alex Smith.

Stats that a QB can control speak more about the "player". That Seahawks team is running on Defense and run game, Anyone could be the QB, If they win the SB, he is the equivalent of Trent Dilfer,

Stats that a QB can control speak more about the "player". That Seahawks team is running on Defense and run game, Anyone could be the QB, If they win the SB, he is the equivalent of Trent Dilfer,

He is not that level of game manager. He is at least Big Ben, IMO, he does make Big Ben like plays by scrambling.

The interception stat is a bit of a farce. Some of "Luck's" INTs have been entirely a fault of the receiver or the O-line, but since that never shows up in the stat sheet they're an easy thing to point to. Any notion that Luck has had "post season struggles" fails to realize that the Colts have been outmatched and relied completely on Luck because they're not a post season caliber squad without him. Ok he threw some interceptions, and few of them were just bad blunders on his part and a few were and the fault of horrible protection and flukes/mistakes by receivers (T.Y. and Stanley Havili each had such plays this post season.) But also consider these playoff numbers (as of before the Superbowl):

Luck/Colts: 354 pass yds/gm, 46.667 pass att/gm, 25.333 pts/gm

Wilson/Seahawks: 222.5 yds/gm, 26.25 pass att/gm, 24.5 pts/gm

Which is a game manager?

He is not that level of game manager. He is at least Big Ben, IMO, he does make Big Ben like plays by scrambling.

He's close to Big Ben, when he walked into a championship caliber team, except Seattle has an even better running game, and an even better defense, Wilson's scrambles and pig play ability is a direct result of the Seahawks running attack.

Is that the same Wilson who's team wins when he completes just 9 passes?

Russell Wilson's career stats are better than Luck's pretty much across the board except for total passing yards, which is more a measure of quantity than quality. If Wilson is Dilfer what does that make Luck?

Russell Wilson's career stats are better than Luck's pretty much across the board except for total passing yards, which is more a measure of quantity than quality. If Wilson is Dilfer what does that make Luck?

Again, if you can't see it I can't make you, you can only lead a horse to water, you can't make them drink.

Wilson's success is a direct result of the team around him, where Luck's success is more a testament to his individual abilities, since you know he's carrying the Colts. When have you ever seen Wilson carry his team?

Doug Baldwin on Luck vs Wilson:

"I'm on the record as saying Andrew Luck can be the greatest quarterback who ever played the game of football... They're both highly intelligent, both make plays with their feet and both have great arms. I don't want to take it any further than that."

This is one of Wilson's guys (obviously he's played with both) so I would hold my horses on the Wilson is the best young QB thing. Of course Wilson's a good player and he's on the better team. He's the one going to the big game, Luck's season is done.