Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colt Mock Draft

Here are my earliest thoughts:

2) E.J. Gaines, CB, Missouri, 5'10, 195, 4.44 forty.  Lots of PBU, few interceptions.  A great man-to-man guy, who will help bolster a secondary plagued by injuries (Butler), inconsistency (Davis/Butler), and suckines (Vaughn).

3) Bryan Stork, C/OG, Fla. St., 6'4, 312, 5.20 forty.  Anchored the line for the nation's best offense.  Versatile interior lineman that helps ensure an accepable/good OL for Andrew.  Can play OG too.  Smart guy who's willing to do anything to help the team.

5) Jay Bromley, DE, Syracuse, 6'4, 293.  Remains my favorite sleeper.  I fear his EWS performance has catapulted him into Round 4, but he's a quick, penetrating DT that projects really well into a pass-rushing 3-4 DE.

6) Tre Boston, S, UNC, 6', 198, 4.58 forty.  I love those EWS risers, and this guy will remind us all of Delano Howell.   With Bethea's age and Landry's health/consistency, we need to improve the safety depth, and this is a guy who has good, all-round skills.

7) Phillip Gaines, CB, Rice, 6'1, 195, 4.54 forty.  Another guy who is doing well at the EWS.  Looking at the off-season roster, nowhere am I more concerned than  at DB.  WR: Wayne, Hilton, Brazill, Rogers, Whalen...good options, all around. OG: Thomas coming back, Thornton probably better at RG,  and McGlynn/Linkenbach/Holmes prety mediocre options.  At CB, though, Toler was hurt all the time, Davis was inconsistent, Vaughn was poor, and Gordy ended up being the best option.  Got to improve in this area.

Here are my earliest thoughts:

2) E.J. Gaines, CB, Missouri, 5'10, 195, 4.44 forty.  Lots of PBU, few interceptions.  A great man-to-man guy, who will help bolster a secondary plagued by injuries (Butler), inconsistency (Davis/Butler), and suckines (Vaughn).

3) Bryan Stork, C/OG, Fla. St., 6'4, 312, 5.20 forty.  Anchored the line for the nation's best offense.  Versatile interior lineman that helps ensure an accepable/good OL for Andrew.  Can play OG too.  Smart guy who's willing to do anything to help the team.

5) Jay Bromley, DE, Syracuse, 6'4, 293.  Remains my favorite sleeper.  I fear his EWS performance has catapulted him into Round 4, but he's a quick, penetrating DT that projects really well into a pass-rushing 3-4 DE.

6) Tre Boston, S, UNC, 6', 198, 4.58 forty.  I love those EWS risers, and this guy will remind us all of Delano Howell.   With Bethea's age and Landry's health/consistency, we need to improve the safety depth, and this is a guy who has good, all-round skills.

7) Phillip Gaines, CB, Rice, 6'1, 195, 4.54 forty.  Another guy who is doing well at the EWS.  Looking at the off-season roster, nowhere am I more concerned than  at DB.  WR: Wayne, Hilton, Brazill, Rogers, Whalen...good options, all around. OG: Thomas coming back, Thornton probably better at RG,  and McGlynn/Linkenbach/Holmes prety mediocre options.  At CB, though, Toler was hurt all the time, Davis was inconsistent, Vaughn was poor, and Gordy ended up being the best option.  Got to improve in this area.

good research, I noticed no o-linemen, unless they are outstanding they take to long to develop,anyway, better to get them elsewhere

Give any player coming out of Florida state, LSU, &/or Texas that's a position of need and I'll be fine

If we can (99.9% sure it won't happen though) we should draft CJ Moseley. Or that MLB from Michigan state if he's coming out

Also any of the Michigan state DB's part of the "No Fly Zone"

I say we trade up to get a first pick and draft Jodan Matthews (Wr) from Vandy!!! Look him up he is a freaking stud! Leading the SEC in about everything as a reciever! Mark my word he is gonna be great!

We may not need a new wr but he is gonna be a late first round pick that will help any QB out and he is gonna be a star! Mark my word please!

Vandy players are vastly underrated!! I was saying people should draft Zac Stacy early last year and look what he did with the Rams!!

I say we trade up to get a first pick and draft Jodan Matthews (Wr) from Vandy!!! Look him up he is a freaking stud! Leading the SEC in about everything as a reciever! Mark my word he is gonna be great!

We may not need a new wr but he is gonna be a late first round pick that will help any QB out and he is gonna be a star! Mark my word please!

Vandy players are vastly underrated!! I was saying people should draft Zac Stacy early last year and look what he did with the Rams!!

We don't have the firepower to move up ... and WR is one of the deeper positions.

No chance the Colts trade up, sorry to burst your bubble.

I'm hoping they'll bolster the trenches more. We need another DE, OLB, G and/or C.

Here's my priority list:

1) G and/or C

- McGlynn isn't panning out

- Thornton is still young and developing

- Satele is not our anchor of the line

- Thomas is coming back from a nasty injury

2) DE

- RJF has been injured. Played really nice when not injured

- Redding is getting older

- Moala probably isn't being re-signed and not a true starter

3) OLB

- Mathis is getting older

- Werner is still developing

4) CB

- Toler is injury prone and a true number 2 might be needed

5) S

- If Bethea isn't re-signed

- Landry hasn't earned his pay check

6) WR

- Wayne is getting older and coming back from a nasty injury

- A lot of question marks - will Da'Rick Rogers pan out? Brazill? Whalen?

I'm hoping they'll bolster the trenches more. We need another DE, OLB, G and/or C.

Here's my priority list:

1) G and/or C

2) DE

3) OLB

4) CB

5) S

6) WR

5) Neither has Bethea

Here's my priority list:

1) G and/or C

2) DE

3) OLB

4) CB

5) S

6) WR

+ ILB to compliment Freeman. That's a big need too.

Here's my priority list:

1) G and/or C

2) DE

3) OLB

4) CB

5) S

6) WR

There are still too many question marks on this roster - not surprising given we were 2-14 not too lag ago.  The defense is getting older in some key areas DE, OLB, and S.  Need Werner to make some big strides in year 2 and too really push Walden for playing time

Need Brazil to take another step forward too.  I'm anxious to see if the Divisional Playoff game is a preview of the future or not.  I think that Griff is a solid 4th WR.  I don't see him getting enough separation from DBs.  Seems like every catch is a tough one

Solid draft, i've had Gaines in a few of my drafts as well. If we do decide to go with Stork then we could use the money we were gonna spend on a C on a pass rusher. I don't think we need a WR either the entire draft should be defense. Btw you were right about Larry Warford, you said he was gonna be great which he was and we should have drafted him in the 1st.

My latest try at it...

2nd: X. Su'a-Filo OG UCLA - Projected by some originally to be a fringe first rounder, but some other guys like Gabe Jackson and Cyril Richarson have generated more buzz recently. If one of those guys falls to us instead I'd like to pick them as well. 

3rd: K. McGill CB Utah - Tremendous size for a cornerback and adequate speed. He could prove very effective in coverage match ups against teams with tall receivers.

5th: H. Smith S Louisville - Talented high upside DB that will likely be available in the 5th.

7th: C. Lucas OT Kansas St - Huge OT with respectable athleticism. Likely to go in the 7th.

I had Bryan Stork as well in the 3rd, my choice for a Center. I'm praying that Kyle Van Noy screws up at the combine and falls to us in the second. I believe that's why Werner fell to us as well and Grigson likes to take advantage of that. We should probably just go best player available that fills a need with our first round pick. In fat, that might work for the entire draft.

I had Bryan Stork as well in the 3rd, my choice for a Center. I'm praying that Kyle Van Noy screws up at the combine and falls to us in the second. I believe that's why Werner fell to us as well and Grigson likes to take advantage of that. We should probably just go best player available that fills a need with our first round pick. In fat, that might work for the entire draft.

He's one of my favorites as well. I'm really intrigued with how he'd play in our defense.