Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Deion Branch will he start ?

mintor

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He wont know any audibles 100%...he can only be out there in huddle situations and then he's a liability because he will have 4 practices with Luck..

If Brazil, Rogers or Hilton or Griff get hurt, he goes in because DHB is out..

....but you cant put him out there in no-huddle sets, I don't believe

Pagano don,t not hire and sign him just too sit on the bench .

Do you really think he will be well versed enough in the playbook, have any kind of rapport with Luck after 5 days? Id bet my right leg he wont even be active.

Dont underestimate the effect of having players with playoff experience around the facility.

Pagano is about exp in a nfl player first why think he does not prefer rookie's as starters . branch is a exp route runner and best hands in caught the ball only thing is his speed . dhb wish he was branch , not . rogers , whalen and lavon are not even close too his exp and playing yet. even wayne is not fast , still plays.

I think it's just he's a smart guy, and he's been through a few different systems,'' Pagano said. ''Time will tell on that once we get him in here and get him in meetings and get him out there (at practice). I'm sure he's run all the concepts that we run, it's just being a matter of becoming familiar with the terminology

Do you really think he will be well versed enough in the playbook, have any kind of rapport with Luck after 5 days? Id bet my right leg he wont even be active.

Dont underestimate the effect of having players with playoff experience around the facility.

Exactly on the bold print.

Just as the Colts started Josh McNary slowly with certain defensive plays and certain scenarios, Branch will get the same treatment "IF he looks good."  The man has run these routes for years.  Give him 20 plays to learn. Sooooooo.....

Who gives a _______ whether he starts or not.  Can he finish?  Can he get to the 1st down marker?  If he has some gas left in the tank he will BRING IT!!!  It is the playoffs and he was a Super Bowl MVP!!!!

indianapolis-colts-logo-2-embroidery-des

I think it's just he's a smart guy, and he's been through a few different systems,'' Pagano said. ''Time will tell on that once we get him in here and get him in meetings and get him out there (at practice). I'm sure he's run all the concepts that we run, it's just being a matter of becoming familiar with the terminology

Again I ask, tell me where Pagano said he will start.

If you want me to save you some time, I will help you out.  He never said it.  Branch will not only not start, he will very likely be inactive for the game.  The guy they brought up from the PS has a better chance of being active than Branch.  Branch does not yet know terminology and will not help you on ST's.

Pagano is about exp in a nfl player first why think he does not prefer rookie's as starters . branch is a exp route runner and best hands in caught the ball only thing is his speed . dhb wish he was branch , not . rogers , whalen and lavon are not even close too his exp and playing yet. even wayne is not fast , still plays.

You DO know this isn't Madden, right? You don't just sign a WR on Monday, start him on Sunday and get game-changing production from him.

lets see we sign trent richardson  and he started the next game.

Nope. Bradshaw started. Richardson started two games after, with Bradshaw out (probably wouldn't have started otherwise).

And the major difference is that Richardson was already in football shape. Branch has been out of the game since last season. 

Here is a pretty good ESPN article by Mike Wells....looks like he shares some of our fun sarcasm....I just hope Branch can help.  :thmup:

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/56327/dont-expect-a-miracle-out-of-deion-branch

I have my doubts he can really help much other than knowing Pats defensive schemes and possibly help school our recievers where weak points might be .

lets see we sign trent richardson  and he started the next game.

Still waiting for you to show me where Pagano said Branch would start - as you said was the case.  Must be a quote somewhere from him...

And not only is your Richardson thought here a logic disconnect, it is also factually inaccaurate.