Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Branch/Butler

mirobi

Branch was brought in to help WR spot and he has been gone for 7 years

Butler one the other hand has more knowledge of the Pats offense being only removed a couple of years and he has something to prove a chip on the shoulder per say. Remember  they let him go. how rewarding if he gets 2 pics and one of those a pic 6

Colts 27

Pats   24

Butler one the other hand has more knowledge of the Pats offense being only removed a couple of years and he has something to prove a chip on the shoulder per say. Remember  they let him go. how rewarding if he gets 2 pics and one of those a pic 6

Colts 27

Pats   24

I thought Branch played for them in 2011 and 2012....is that not the case?

He lives in Indy? Really? 

Yes, Mr. Branch does. Why is that so shocking? Players past & present in this league often have more than 1 home in more than 1 location.

Perhaps, you just meant that Branch's Hoosier state zip code made it easier to bring him into LOS & bring him up to speed faster with Pep Hamilton's offense which is a good thing for the Colts. 

I like this move on Grigs part. Smart. 

Yes, Mr. Branch does. Why is that so shocking? Players past & present in this league often have more than 1 home in more than 1 location.

Perhaps, you just meant that Branch's Hoosier state zip code made it easier to bring him into LOS & bring him up to speed faster with Pep Hamilton's offense which is a good thing for the Colts. 

Not bad.......    http://www.celebrityhousepictures.com/deion-branch.php

I like the signing.

He is a savvy bet.  As mentioned, he lives in Carmel so he has a tie to Indy, a great way to finish he career, and if something good happens, could return next year.  The Colts offensive mindset now is passing, so if any of our receivers gets nicked, he can be a quality 4th WR in a 4 WR package, the defense has to respect him. DHB may not play next game and the other WR signing Josh Lenz is listed at 6-0 194, and I've read he runs a 4.35 and I have a feeling he may replace DHB as the gunner.

Branch was also on the team in 2005 when the Patriots did not have a Coordinator.....Mcdaniels is believed to have called the plays then......Branch is familiar with Mcdaniels......Also Bradys tendencies

Good info there Gavin as always, but NE's offensive scheme has gone through several changes since 2005 though. Branch to me is more of a security blanket to Luck than taping into Josh's brain IMO.  

Not a criticism my friend. Just an observation. 

the colts and pats know each other so well from playing so many important games that if anyone is relying on darius butler and deion branch to provide anything..... i dont even know what to say. the colts have gone up against tom brady for like 12 years now. what is a WR who hasnt been on the team in a year going to tell you that you wouldnt already know?

Colts 27

Pats   24

branch play for them in the lost too the ravens last year in the playoffs  , you smoking crack ? 

Pagano is about exp and vet nfl player in branch too play for the spot of dhb.  period.

No I was more suprised because he has no ties here in Indy. He is from Georgia, He was drafted by New England and play several years there. Of all places he lives here...Just shocking I guess. I figured most player would go back home or maybe the place they were drafted at. 

Branch came back to NE midway through the 2010 season and was here through last season.

That said, he last played for the Patriots when they had Hernandez, Welker, and a healthy Gronkowski... the offense this year has been totally different. He will be able to offer insight on particular players and maybe team philosophy, but whatever knowledge he possesses isn't going to tip the scales. Good execution is the only thing that will do that.

As far as Darius Butler goes, it's been nice to see him have some success with the Colts. He had a nice rookie year in NE but then dropped off sharply after that. He's got talent, but the team basically cut him and walked away, so I'm not sure how much inside info he's going to have on the Patriots' playbook or schemes. Seems he had trouble with those aspects when he was wearing a Flying Elvis on his helmet!