Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Are the Niners Aaron Rodgers/Pack Nemesis?

amfootball

Pack needs a defense

Defense didnt play great but I would say it did an admirable job considering the injuries it suffered. Rodgers and that pack O is what cost them that game. They had too many 3 and outs, Rodgers didnt get in the end zone enough and took too many sacks,and the wrs,except for nelson and cobb, for the most part didnt come up with the big catch

That is two years in a row that the Niners have bounced Rodgers and the Pack. And four in a row going back to last year when Alex Smith was still the niners QB. Can't seem to beat them.

SF has the better team......like Peyton Manning and NE 10 years ago...NE was better

The better team should win

Defense didnt play great but I would say it did an admirable job considering the injuries it suffered. Rodgers and that pack O is what cost them that game. They had too many 3 and outs, Rodgers didnt get in the end zone enough and took too many sacks,and the wrs,except for nelson and cobb, for the most part didnt come up with the big catch

SF is the better team....and its not that close

I dont think rodgers was 100% healed from that collerbone

This. There were several instances in the game when he could have made plays with his feet but didn't, which was probably out of fear of reinjuring himself. As for the topic itself, yes...Kaepernick is Kryptonite.

Kaepernick is Kryptonite.

Catchy slogan there QuizBoy. LOL! I could see that on a T-shirt selling like hot cakes in San Francisco. 

Dom Capers has no answer to Kaepernick's running. 

Bingo! You nailed it Chad. Deion Sanders was also right after the game on NFL Network when he said that the Packers organization made a mistake letting Charles Woodson go. I rarely agree with "Prime Time" on anything but on this statement I believe it 100%

Someday, I do wanna see Brady vs Rogers in the SB with a healthy squad on both sides. 2 money field generals who never say die. Darn, I love to see that shootout for all the Lombardi marbles.  :worthy:

With Eddie Lacy vs LeGarrette Blount on the ground & Nelson vs Gronk in the air. It would be spectacular to watch. Okay, I know that running backs & TE's & WR's on opposite teams don't literally line up against each other, but if both rosters were firing on all cylinders, that grudge match would kick caboose IMO. I hope I am lucky enough to see that unfold before me in the next few seasons. 

In the meantime, I am more than happy to rekindle our precious INDY vs NE rivalry. Awesome! Hands down the best rivalry in football. We may be a young squad, but regardless of what happens, I look forward for the opportunity to clash spears with a top tier organization I respect so much win, lose, or draw.

You bring out the best in us competition wise & we bring out the best in you. Nice! 

This a probably an unpopular opinion, but I think McCarthy and Rogers believe in his arm too much and don't let his Backs carry the ball enough. They were getting some decent yardage on the ground at first. Roll with it and chew up the clock. Keep the other offense on the sidelines freezing and going numb from the cold.

I am kind of sad to see the Lambeau Field mystique slowly fade & disappear now. Teams used to fear playing in GB & the cold temperatures used to be an asset. Not anymore. Not since Tom Couglin & the NY Giants won in WI & got a ring in 2007. 

My nephew Josh is a huge Packers fan & he hates seeing his favorite team fall short with a home playoff game way to frequently now. Is it there DC? Is it their o-line? Is it their lack of D? Probably a combination of all 3. Plus, when Sam Shields went down in the secondary, I was worried for Aaron Rogers & company.

Where is the Cheddar Head Lambeau Field Mojo Man? I just feel bad for my nephew right now I guess. 

Packers played fine- for traditional football.  Hard to beat a QB who runs over a 100 yards almost all key first downs. So sick of these running QBs.

I hear ya JJ. And the worst part is that you can't even give a franchise QB "a love tap" anymore to make them think twice about running without getting a 15 yard penalty for roughing the passer. Sigh...

I'm old school Buddy Ryan mentality on defense: Just keep hitting the QB & let him know you are there to say how are ya doing with each sack.  haha

Man, I miss the 70's & mid 80's intimidation factor from LBs & DE's...It's just not the same anymore...The Steel Curtain & the 85 Bears...Yeah, I know that era & philosophy are dead now...Major bummer...

Hey, what was up with Frank Gore's & CK's winter caps at their post game press conference? Deion Sanders make me ROTF when he said "What's up with that? You buy 1 hat; you get the other 1 free?"  :lol:

Both Gore & CK acted like this was their very 1st NFL press conference & they seemed to be somewhere else anywhere but in front of beat sport reporters. They reminded of 2 high school seniors at an end of the year yearbook party just prior to graduation It was extremely unprofessional looked so bizarre to me. JMO. 

Gore just looked distant, ticked off, & he had nothing earth shattering to say. Why show up out of the blue & sit there like a tree trunk? Strange...Maybe Gore was just tired. He didn't do himself any favors on the commercial endorsement public speaking front that's for sure. 

This a probably an unpopular opinion, but I think McCarthy and Rogers believe in his arm too much and don't let his Backs carry the ball enough. They were getting some decent yardage on the ground at first. Roll with it and chew up the clock. Keep the other offense on the sidelines freezing and going numb from the cold.

I totally agree with your sentiment No 1 Manning fan. Keep pounding the rock on the ground like German tank. It may not look sexy, but it gets the job done in January. I ran out of likes. Grr! I will give you 1 tomorrow. 

I hear ya JJ. And the worst part is that you can't even give a franchise QB "a love tap" anymore to make them think twice about running without getting a 15 yard penalty for roughing the passer. Sigh...

I'm old school Buddy Ryan mentality on defense: Just keep hitting the QB & let him know you are there to say how are ya doing with each sack.  haha

Man, I miss the 70's & mid 80's intimidation factor from LBs & DE's...It's just not the same anymore...The Steel Curtain & the 85 Bears...Yeah, I know that era & philosophy are dead now...Major bummer...

Or the doomsday defense--ooo ouch :)

At least the added the rule to attack the pistol grip or whatever it is:)

But without his running GB wins that game- old fashion.

They have a very. very shaky, injury shredded offensive line...

..I guess you play to your strength.....you gotta lean on your strengths.....even the Colts will realize that

I am kind of sad to see the Lambeau Field mystique slowly fade & disappear now. Teams used to fear playing in GB & the cold temperatures used to be an asset. Not anymore. Not since Tom Couglin & the NY Giants won in WI & got a ring in 2007. 

My nephew Josh is a huge Packers fan & he hates seeing his favorite team fall short with a home playoff game way to frequently now. Is it there DC? Is it their o-line? Is it their lack of D? Probably a combination of all 3. Plus, when Sam Shields went down in the secondary, I was worried for Aaron Rogers & company.

Where is the Cheddar Head Lambeau Field Mojo Man? I just feel bad for my nephew right now I guess. 

Everybody loses home playoff games..

GB has a very shaky O-line and their defense is beat up....

They only wont the division because the Bears insist on playing Jay Cutler and because the Lions are totally undisciplined

When does Rogers start taking hits for his playoff performances?

I don't know, Rodgers has performed pretty well in the playoffs. This is probably the only playoff game where he's had a lackluster performance. His first playoff loss was that 51-45 OT shootout against Kurt Warner, where he fumbled the ball away in OT to lose the game (despite a blatant facemask on Rodgers not being called). Then that 2011 loss to the Giants was much more on the Packers D getting smoked by Eli and co., and then last year, didn't the Pack's D allow 300+ rushing yards to the 49ers? Hard to pin that on Rodgers.

I don't know, Rodgers has performed pretty well in the playoffs. This is probably the only playoff game where he's had a lackluster performance. His first playoff loss was that 51-45 OT shootout against Kurt Warner, where he fumbled the ball away in OT to lose the game (despite a blatant facemask on Rodgers not being called). Then that 2011 loss to the Giants was much more on the Packers D getting smoked by Eli and co., and then last year, didn't the Pack's D allow 300+ rushing yards to the 49ers? Hard to pin that on Rodgers.

But isnt all the losses on the QB, where is the consistency?.